Forum › I Wanna Quit Being a Hitman! discussion

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

She wouldn't have been able to hear that phone call while riding atop a train, my immersion is ruined

joined Jan 14, 2020

The plot, it thickens.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO'S LOVING THIS SO FAR?!?

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

"Let's not antagonize the very skilled killer." I do appreciate that the agency people seem to be smart with that. The superiors turning against someone and making them an enemy for poor reason is a bit too common trope for my tastes.

I hope we'll get a bit more of Benika's point of view. Rose and the priest had all the attention so far, but it would be nice to see what Rose is fighting for.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Here's a deep cut reference for you.

Now I know you won't refuse
Because we've got so much to do
And you got nothing more to lose
So take this number and welcome
To Operation Mindcrime
We're an undergrond revolution working overtime.

Points to anyone who gets the reference

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

... that tailing scene was nonsense. What was the point of that? If you want to apprehend her, do it right away. If you don't, then, uh, why are you trying so hard to follow her? Everyone's just bored, or what? ^^;

Besides, the thing about trains is that they have known destinations. They kinda are the worst getaway vehicles ...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

... that tailing scene was nonsense. What was the point of that? If you want to apprehend her, do it right away. If you don't, then, uh, why are you trying so hard to follow her? Everyone's just bored, or what? ^^;

Besides, the thing about trains is that they have known destinations. They kinda are the worst getaway vehicles ...

The whole scene was another aptitude test. They wanted to see how good she is before they offered her the big score. Kinda pointless, knowing what they already knew about her abilities, but maybe they had their own superiors to impress with a live demonstration.

last edited at May 10, 2023 3:34AM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Now I really want this to get an animated adaptation,that train scene is movie-esque for sure.

And now she'll eventually have to choose between getting the freedom she wants to be with her love only to loose it due to killing her loves' father or keep her love happy but never be free enough to be with her.

20220119_192758
joined Nov 17, 2021

What a cool chapter!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Quite the chase, quite the job...

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

damn, this is excellent so far, the latest chapter really turned it up. i always suspected the government was running the hitmen but now i'm almost certain.

i've never read a manga that felt remotely so politically timely and vital before (possibly excluding lgbt issues), it's very refreshing.

Yeah, the imagery with Lady Justice, and the bit about "keeping the system running" also makes me think these guys are feds

joined May 3, 2014

The whole scene was another aptitude test. They wanted to see how good she is before they offered her the big score. Kinda pointless, knowing what they already knew about her abilities, but maybe they had their own superiors to impress with a live demonstration.

she err on one of her work and maybe they decided to do a test? like what do people wanna here? super detailed extream logic of everything in this story ?

joined May 3, 2014

damn, this is excellent so far, the latest chapter really turned it up. i always suspected the government was running the hitmen but now i'm almost certain.

i've never read a manga that felt remotely so politically timely and vital before (possibly excluding lgbt issues), it's very refreshing.

here we go again people think everything is american politics lol

here from were I live in EU there is jack of politics not the same way US seemns to boil every time the president forget’s were he is, or the talking orange ex-president says something and twitter boils over

joined Feb 1, 2021

here from were I live in EU there is jack of politics not the same way US seemns to boil every time the president forget’s were he is, or the talking orange ex-president says something and twitter boils over

Where did they say anything about America?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

she err on one of her work and maybe they decided to do a test? like what do people wanna here? super detailed extream logic of everything in this story ?

In the previous chapter, she tried asking her operator questions, and I am assuming that once a killer starts asking those, she is on borrowed time, as far as her handlers are concerned. My guess is that the test was a gambit: if she is not smart enough to escape, they eliminate her there and then, but if she is, they promise her the world and send her on one last suicide mission.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

In the previous chapter, she tried asking her operator questions, and I am assuming that once a killer starts asking those, she is on borrowed time, as far as her handlers are concerned. My guess is that the test was a gambit: if she is not smart enough to escape, they eliminate her there and then, but if she is, they promise her the world and send her on one last suicide mission.

I'd say it's less about that and more about making sure she's suitable for the mission, as you already pointed out earlier yourself and as discussed here - although as the next page shows, she may still be on her way to retirement anyway, whether peacefully or by the hand of a colleague, depending on how the judgement falls. But the test as such has little to do with any errors on her side - of which they specifically point out there are none - and is all about the next operation.

last edited at May 10, 2023 3:45PM

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

Dang she looks so hot with short hair

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Here's a deep cut reference for you.

Now I know you won't refuse
Because we've got so much to do
And you got nothing more to lose
So take this number and welcome
To Operation Mindcrime
We're an undergrond revolution working overtime.

Points to anyone who gets the reference

Queensryche

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Interesting story so far and good art. The premise is alos pretty cool too. Not much of a religious person and often turned off by its use but I may stick this story out.

Also, I have a problem with the girlfriend asking her to quit her job so they can hang out more. Like wtf?! That's VERY selfish and controlling. I get wanting to not be an assassin but to ask your s.o. to quit their job for you to hang out more??... wth. (Also, she's a student so she must be busy herself =/.)

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

I don't see this ending without bloodshed. Also, I don't think the assassin group wil let Rose go. They don't seem like the honest type of people.

joined Apr 16, 2022

I'm really enjoying this manga! It has a unique tone, talking about very serious moral and political issues with a sort of light, almost comedic framing.

Also, I have a problem with the girlfriend asking her to quit her job so they can hang out more.

Benika didn't ask Rose to quit her job: "I mean, it doesn't have to be that extreme, and I don't know much as a student, but don't you have options? Like a transfer or extended leave?" It's neither selfish nor controlling to ask your partner to adjust their work schedule so you can interact with them more often.

joined Aug 13, 2021

Also, I have a problem with the girlfriend asking her to quit her job so they can hang out more. Like wtf?! That's VERY selfish and controlling. I get wanting to not be an assassin but to ask your s.o. to quit their job for you to hang out more??... wth. (Also, she's a student so she must be busy herself =/.)

I personally think this is genius in the story for her to be a high schooler. This makes her naivete and optimistism make sense as she's still a teen and the closeness with her dad make sense. But more importantly... this is a grown-ass woman dating a high schooler, getting her romance and only reciprocal (unlike with the priest) human interaction from a teenager. This signals the tragedy and creepiness of the character : even if no one had to die, the "desired" outcome would be a fully adult woman who's deeply traumatised and alone consuming a relationship with a teenage girl, which is messed up!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well, yeah, but we're talking Japanese high speed trains here. They're faster than anything else, so it doesn't matter if you know where they're going, you can't get there first. Even with a plane, when you add time at airports you only catch up if it's a pretty distant destination.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

i honestly can't fully understand the point you're trying to make, but i am actually also from europe and issues of refugees, government power and the place of religion between those two are all very relevant here at the moment where i live.

in fact just a few days ago we had a literal archbishop speaking in parliament against an extremely draconian government immigration policy.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I personally think this is genius in the story for her to be a high schooler. This makes her naivete and optimistism make sense as she's still a teen and the closeness with her dad make sense. But more importantly... this is a grown-ass woman dating a high schooler, getting her romance and only reciprocal (unlike with the priest) human interaction from a teenager. This signals the tragedy and creepiness of the character : even if no one had to die, the "desired" outcome would be a fully adult woman who's deeply traumatised and alone consuming a relationship with a teenage girl, which is messed up!

My brain must be fried. I thought she was in college @_@....

To reply you must either login or sign up.