Forum › My Mom's a Superstar discussion

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Why is Weiwei with Youzi? Did she pick her up at school?

When Youji said she was picking up Youzi from class, she's not talking about school, she's talking about the singing lessons with Weiwei.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Wait, so they're going on a car ride with all four dramatis personae now? This promises to be awkward in a delightful way.

All four? It seems pretty clear to me that Youji is pulling Ren away to get her away from the douchecanoe there. Or am I misunderstanding you?

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Wait, so they're going on a car ride with all four dramatis personae now? This promises to be awkward in a delightful way.

All four? It seems pretty clear to me that Youji is pulling Ren away to get her away from the douchecanoe there. Or am I misunderstanding you?

You are misunderstanding me, but I also mixed up the names, so we can call it even? :P (Chen was the final person I was thinking of. The one coming to drive them is Xiao Pei, though; no UST with that one. I think.)

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

You are misunderstanding me, but I also mixed up the names, so we can call it even? :P (Chen was the final person I was thinking of. The one coming to drive them is Xiao Pei, though; no UST with that one. I think.)

(Facepalm) Okay, so, somehow I missed the entire second page earlier. Sorry about that.

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

The car that I want in my favorite color! YES!!!

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

She reached the fluffzone.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Honestly thought she was about to be jealous of a stuffed rabbit xD I'm so glad she got pats as well!

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Sometimes the jumps in the timeline make me confused. (>_<)
When did this cute patpat moment happen? Is it a vignette from the past?

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

All the wolf pup needs now is for her mommy wolf to eat her mommy rabbit.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Pretty sure that that's the case.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Usually Youzi's age is the main indicator of when we're in flashback territory (although even at 16, Youzi is tiny, which threw me off back in chapter 9,) but you can also tell by Youji's hairstyle. When Youzi was 6 and first started shipping Mom and Ren, Youji had medium length hair down to her shoulderblades, typically pulled back in a long-ish ponytail.

In the "present day" stories she's got it cropped relatively short. This issue is set in the latter period.

And man, Ren has got it bad.

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

At first I thought it was a flashback. I checked the previous chapters and Ren Wei is wearing the same earrings and has the same hairstyle in Chapter 24 and Youji has the same phone in Chapter 22.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

"No," she said, and rushed to tell Mom.

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Youzi's dream just came true with those 4 words omg her ship fr manifested

joined Jul 8, 2020

Pretty obvious at this point, but still nice to hear from Weiwei. Now the real question is, what about mom? lol

Youzi must be in cloud nine, her ship about to sail lol

joined Jan 14, 2020

Is this... progress?

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Now to batter down the walls of the 3m thick lescrete bunker that is mom and get your happy family ending!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Is this... progress?

No, this is an explosion that just blasted all the presuppositions of this setting into smithereens.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

HOYL SHIT

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

Oohhhh now that that's settled, let's get into how mum feels about getting into a relationship as a divorced single mum who's always working!

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

This was huge news and all but I couldn't help but worry about mom saying "after those 2 movies I'll take a break", I hope my head is just too filled with other stories being way too dramatic, so nothing will go wrong and this time will pass smoothly and they're gonna live happily ever after amen 人(´∀`)

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

As far as I can tell the raws haven't updated since April which is a huge bummer cause this was a huge chapter.

joined Aug 20, 2022

yoooooooooooooooooo

As far as I can tell the raws haven't updated since April which is a huge bummer cause this was a huge chapter.

noooooooooooooooooo

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Nooooo!

(Though it would be hilarious (If unlikely) if the author went back to Records Of Linyao after this for a while... Then left it on a big moment and came back to this... and so on and so forth)

But for real though, what a chapter. I feel like I should go reread it all now to have everything fresh in my mind.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Ah. So this, too, is "yuri of absence". ༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ

To reply you must either login or sign up.