Forum › My Mom's a Superstar discussion

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I thought this comment was pretty funny, but didn't see a translator note about it, so for those who don't know the slang it seems really random.

Tangerines or the orange emoji is often used as slang in Chinese to mean lesbian/yuri because it's a reference to Citrus the series xD

Sorry if the slang was already explained before ^^;

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Man, chat is so pushy.

Also me: exact same thoughts as chat
Team Ren ftw!

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

No one has time for seafood hotpot when the ship still needs to be sailed!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Why so frowny and pouty, Youzi? Everyone in the chat is shipping your mom and Ren Wei!

Bb8a9f6b-acc2-4e0f-90f6-d54026cb173e_1_201_a
joined Feb 16, 2021

I’m really beginning to believe I’m the sole surviving Chen x mom shipper but I refuse to go down I will continue to believe we will get Chen moments and hopefully my ship shall sail

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Youzi is getting confirmation from all of her reliable online peers,how lovely.

Go get 'em together,girl!

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

progress

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Oh, this is actually a pretty cute comic. Youzi really needs to tell Ren that she's going to marry her mom, though.

(Me being me, I don't mind if Chen comes too... (⁠~⁠‾⁠▿⁠‾⁠)⁠~ )

joined Jul 8, 2019

Nothing according to keikaku

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Ah yes,the perfect demonstration of a villainess snap.

A superstar for sure.

joined Nov 21, 2022

I give up. I have no idea what's going on in this webcomic anymore. It's like every episode is a disconnected from every other episode.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Oh, this is actually a pretty cute comic. Youzi really needs to tell Ren that she's going to marry her mom, though.

She knows cause of Chapter 15. I think the implication of the following chapters is that Ren is into the idea.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

She knows cause of Chapter 15. I think the implication of the following chapters is that Ren is into the idea.

Then I can't wait for them to team up and properly collaborate! (⁠ʃ⁠ƪ⁠^⁠3⁠^⁠)

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I give up. I have no idea what's going on in this webcomic anymore. It's like every episode is a disconnected from every other episode.

Each episode is a small window into a moment in their lives. It's a pretty common format for online comics, and I can get not enjoying it, but I don't see what's hard to follow. Youji is into Ren but in denial about it. Ren is into Youji but is waiting for her to make the first move. Everybody around them sees it, especially Youzi, who desperately wants Ren to be Mom#2.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

At this point, the mom might as well just date her. She can figure out her feelings after

last edited at Apr 25, 2023 6:58AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The Chinese sure love their tangerines.

Ah yes,the perfect demonstration of a villainess snap.

Next comes an intimidation scene. "Tell that to anyone and I will...!"

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Sorry random dude that showed up out of nowhere you're in a GL series you have zero chance to woo her eventual wife.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Ren Wei is so obviously into it, but just waiting for confirmation that this isn't just in Youzi's head but happening for real. Get on it, mom! Your girl is waiting for you!

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Why is Weiwei with Youzi? Did she pick her up at school?

joined Apr 16, 2022

Ren and Youzi wearing matching shirts was extremely adorable

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Ren and Youzi wearing matching shirts was extremely adorable

I lol'ed when that guy Han tried to flirt with Ren Wei. I was like:

"Duuude, look at her clothes! This girl has her owner's name tagged on her!!"

joined Dec 7, 2019

At this point, the mom might as well just date her. She can figure out her feelings after

Lol ah yes, the age old practice of fake it til you make it. With Youzi cheering on the whole way through!

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

The Chinese sure love their tangerines.

Tangerines are a lesbian symbol in China, like lilies in Japan.

Or so I've heard.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Wait, so they're going on a car ride with all four dramatis personae now? This promises to be awkward in a delightful way.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

That is a killer jeep for sure.

Also,drag yo mom through the mud to wake her up for the upcoming hijinks.

To reply you must either login or sign up.