Forum › The Violence Action discussion

joined Nov 17, 2016

i think that "noooooo" sfx, has a male voice...but gradually changes from baritone to soprano :D

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

i think that "noooooo" sfx, has a male voice...but gradually changes from baritone to soprano :D

He probably got his balls bit off

last edited at Aug 11, 2020 4:19AM

Trappista_cheese_original%20(1)
joined Apr 10, 2020

Okay, one fucking question, what the fuck happen to this manga?! The cliffhanger right after our character in danger and then there's a hiatus, like what?!

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Honestly, I can't say I have been disappointed often on this site, but today I have been.

It's not quite the author's fault, they're sick and producing a quality manga like this takes time which is perfectly understandable, but a nearly 9 month hiatus after a massive cliffhanger, not resolving or even fully addressing the cliffhanger upon return, then introducing another cliffhanger is just kind of... oof.

I'm not angry, I'm not upset, I'm not completely devastated and all in all I still absolutely love this manga and I'm fully on board for the finale or at the very least the next chapter, but this one was just... kinda lame tbh.

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

I was just thinking of this manga the other day. Glad it updated but yeah, I share the same sentiments as the poster above me.

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

i just want dahlia to beat the shit out of that guy who touched kay. the old lady can get revenge too, and then after that dahlia could ask kay out and they could be awesome gun-for-hire girlfriends or maybe not and just settle down and get married instead. that would be cool imo.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It'd be just like this manga to make the person supposedly in need of rescue from psycho cultists the greatest psychopath on the island...

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

^ It's the Lupin III approach to thrilling storytelling- if you make one character a Holmes-esque mastermind and all the others except for the villain dumb or average, the story tends to lose the potential for twists and interesting side characters. The same goes for making one or two characters psychopaths and the rest largely ordinary, which is a staple of Western police procedurals. On paper, it's a good idea, because the functional human beings work as foils to the savants/psychos, but thanks to extreme repetition, side characters often just become pawns in a long series of mindgames between the protagonist and the antagonist, used mostly for relationship drama and exposition (this is evident in stories that range from Death Note to Hannibal).

Making nearly every supporting character into a genius/psycho/badass is risky, because you'll run into Narita-esque muddles and an extremely convoluted story that wavers under its own weight, but if the writers can swing it, then readers are in for a heart-pounding, unpredictable story where backstabbings, coups, murders and insights can come from any direction, turning what would normally be a mindgame match into a battle royale driven by reflexes, improvisation and quick thinking. This story handles it quite well, methinks.

joined Apr 10, 2020

i just want dahlia to beat the shit out of that guy who touched kay. the old lady can get revenge too, and then after that dahlia could ask kay out and they could be awesome gun-for-hire girlfriends or maybe not and just settle down and get married instead. that would be cool imo.

Agree, I don't care about this new villain at all, villain before was much better than this asshole, even his friends doesn't like him, also I disagree to let Dahlia beat him, Kay is the one deserve to beat this guy and torture him punisher style

last edited at Mar 1, 2021 11:20PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yeah

He really had good ears

And Kay isn't a lesbian. She's not anything. I think something is dead inside her, or non functioning. Death of other people has no meaning to her and I think if she had to, she would kill Dahlia without batting an eye.

last edited at Mar 2, 2021 12:22PM

joined Sep 13, 2018

And Kay isn't a lesbian. She's not anything. I think something is dead inside her, or non functioning. Death of other people has no meaning to her and I think if she had to, she would kill Dahlia without batting an eye.

Girl bawled about two fictional dudes dying, she's not like incapable of feeling things, just the way she processes a lot of shit is super wack. Like heck, she even wanted to make sure Dahlia was okay when she got poisoned and let her get the finishing shots on her abusive adoptive dad. While I could definitely see Kay turning on Dahlia on a dime, I could just as easily see her refusing to For Some Reason. That said I have the yuri goggles always on tight.

That said Dahlia is absolutely gay as fuck and I want her to shoot Michitaka lmao

joined Apr 10, 2020

Yeah

He really had good ears

Oh, c'mon dude :(
Why you have to hurt yuri fans like that, especially in dynasty scans

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Somehow it get a live action movie https://www.va-movie.jp/

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

I heard about that. Is it out yet?

joined Apr 10, 2020

Dead Manga

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

one of my favorites once again abandoned

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Good grief! Live action film of this on Netflix. I don't know if I dare watch it; Ride or Die was so poorly done.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Good grief! Live action film of this on Netflix. I don't know if I dare watch it; Ride or Die was so poorly done.

I thought you were lying. I thought this manga was way WAY too obscure and niche to get a live action adaptation. But it actually exists and the reviews are tearing it to shreds.

joined May 10, 2021

Holy! An update!
Thanks a ton for that!

Golden Brown
Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

What the--

SINCE WHEN HAS THIS BEEN ON DYNASTY?!

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Me, on p4: Just for once I want a character to go "what are you talking about?! This isn't some magic trick where the ropes are tied to come loose conveniently! Of course I can't get up!"
The manga, on p5: ...

Okay, you got me. 10/10.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

What a blast from the past. :D Thank you, Stan Miller, for picking this up again!

20220119_192758
joined Nov 17, 2021

It's back AYYYYYY!!!!!!

joined Mar 14, 2016

Never thought I'd see a Jet Li maneuver on a Walther PPK. And it was technically done properly!

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

great seeing this picked up again.

To reply you must either login or sign up.