Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

joined Jul 28, 2020

Woohooooo

joined Jun 3, 2014

Omichi: "Im going to wait for her to graduate high school."
Dynasty Readers: "You're absolute scum!!! The worst character imaginable!!!"

Yep, cuz if u didn’t know, what she’s doing is called grooming :)

Yeah, lol. Omichi's gonna have to wait like 6-8 years

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I hated omichi cuz she was such a cock block but now she’s a pedophile. Glad I disliked her from the start
She’s not a fucking 12 year old, shes in highschool. So yes she would be considered a pedo

She's a first year in middle school you twit.
You're either trolling or completely butt-fuck insane.
This is how the witch trials happened and you're living proof we have not evolved as a species since.

last edited at May 1, 2023 5:30AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Good job, Omichi. ^_^

And wishing you best luck in your own love.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Omichi: "Im going to wait for her to graduate high school."
Dynasty Readers: "You're absolute scum!!! The worst character imaginable!!!"

I really wouldn't call what she's doing that. Nothing about her character suggests that. Grooming is not a simple thing to throw around, although this probably isn't the space to having discussions about that I guess.

Anyway, nice confession from them. Always a cute story.

last edited at May 1, 2023 7:44AM

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH fucking finally

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

idk where the middle school thing comes from,at least get the numbers right if you want to argue about it. Koguma, Hino and Omichi are all first years in High School. So Omichi is at least 15, 16 if her birthday has already passed.
Meanwhile Rin is at most 11 or 12 if she's in her last year of Grade school, don't think that's been specified.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Well, maybe not quite grooming but definitely weird. I guess since she says she'll wait I'm less uneasy with it now but I still think Omichi's kinda wacked lol... That being said she seems a bit too naive regarding sex and stuff so idk. I can see her growing out of it, realistically speaking but since this is a manga they'll probably get married in 10 years or some dumb thing like that.
Also depends on if Rin really is 11-12 and not like 9 or sth. Big difference there lol...

last edited at May 1, 2023 8:35AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

All the weird stuff the MCs have been doing from the very beginning is just par for the course, but an explicitly non-physical age-gap crush is cause for moral freakouts . . .

My_ankle_fell_off
joined Jan 8, 2020

I hated omichi cuz she was such a cock block but now she’s a pedophile. Glad I disliked her from the start
She’s not a fucking 12 year old, shes in highschool. So yes she would be considered a pedo

She's a first year in middle school you twit.
You're either trolling or completely butt-fuck insane.
This is how the witch trials happened and you're living proof we have not evolved as a species since.

Bro wtf are you on? There’s actually no way u compared me to the witch trials and on top of that, ur trynna justify some weird shit. u must not know how to read cuz clearly in the newest chapter it was stated that she was in grade school, do you know what grade school is or do I need to dumb it down for you, cuz if I haven’t evolved as a species that means ur on a whole other level of dumbass.

PrismaticOwl
Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

Can you idiots take your stupid slap-fights to PMs and quit crapping up the thread? Christ. Some people...

joined Jun 12, 2015

I can't believe it. It went full yuri. First boob manga and now this. What next? YuruYuri?

last edited at May 1, 2023 9:33AM

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Can you idiots take your stupid slap-fights to PMs and quit crapping up the thread? Christ. Some people...

Are there PMs here? I've never even thought of it.

last edited at May 1, 2023 9:57AM

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I laught at the last page, holly crap poor Koguma.

joined Feb 1, 2021

All the weird stuff the MCs have been doing from the very beginning is just par for the course, but an explicitly non-physical age-gap crush is cause for moral freakouts . . .

Well to put it in a nutshell, I just don't find the Watsonian explanation for Omichi's feelings to be hugely convincing, so I'm left the Doylist one, that the author just wants the high-schooler to crush on the tiny kid. And "all the weird stuff the MCs have been doing from the very beginning" has eroded my ability to give the author the benefit of the doubt as to why they want this.

Kokosara Truther
joined Feb 23, 2023

Just to throw it out there, but I wouldn’t be shocked if there are authors who grew up on so much manga that use the idea of teachers/older students waiting for their younger partners to be older being treated like this great romantic sacrifice that they may not even think twice about it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well to put it in a nutshell, I just don't find the Watsonian explanation for Omichi's feelings to be hugely convincing, so I'm left the Doylist one, that the author just wants the high-schooler to crush on the tiny kid. And "all the weird stuff the MCs have been doing from the very beginning" has eroded my ability to give the author the benefit of the doubt as to why they want this.

Well, obviously the author wants character A to crush on character B, because that's what they depict. So what?

Omichi has feelings that she is determined not to act upon until some future point. What of it?

Is this a moral transgression on the character's part? On the author's part? If the latter, what is the precise nature of that transgression? What "benefit of the doubt" might you have been willing to grant the author that you no longer are?

joined Feb 1, 2021

Transgressions? Who do you think I am, Judge Dredd? No, I just think the author is a bit creepy. Does that mean I can't enjoy the work? Not necessarily. Is it a "moral freakout" to point it out even so? I don't really think so.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Transgressions? Who do you think I am, Judge Dredd? No, I just think the author is a bit creepy. Does that mean I can't enjoy the work? Not necessarily. Is it a "moral freakout" to point it out even so? I don't really think so.

People keep saying this is a "a bit creepy," or that they feel "uncomfortable," or that something "weird" is being depicted.

I'm aware that for some Dynasty readers any age gap romantic feelings are sufficient cause for moral outrage (hence the accusations that the character is being a "pedophile" or that "grooming" is being portrayed or that Omichi is possibly heading for a jail cell).

But I'm wondering about precisely what has actually been depicted in this particular story that is the source of all this vague discomfort or of the aspersions cast on the author.

last edited at May 1, 2023 2:28PM

joined Feb 1, 2021

But I'm wondering about precisely what has actually been depicted in this particular story that is the source of all this vague discomfort or of the aspersions cast on the author.

Well I can't speak for everyone but there's a way that the narrative has dwelt specifically on Koguma's body in earlier chapters - both our characters describe it as tiny and child-like repeatedly. That's not really an issue on its own, because Hino and Koguma are both the same age, and sufficiently well-realized characters with enough other things going on in their relationship that it doesn't feel like the reason the story is being read or written. But now there's this other, actual child character, being crushed on by a high schooler. I'm not used to that. Kids having crushes on teenagers and adults is fairly familiar to me - my older sister went through like ten of them when I was in grade school - but I can't think of any examples from either my own life or fiction where a teenager takes a romantic interest in someone that much younger. It's weird enough to me that it takes me out of the story, I wonder why it's there, and suddenly Koguma feels kind of like a proxy for other, less wholesome relationships the author could be drawing instead.

Is it paranoid to think this way? I suppose so. Nothing depicted between Omichi and Rin in the actual text so far has been objectionable. But the brain is wired to look for patterns, especially in fiction where everything's intentional. And this is Dynasty Scans, we have trained ourselves to look for all possible subtext. :V

last edited at May 1, 2023 2:56PM

joined Sep 1, 2021

i think it is normal to crush on someone younger than you.. but it would be temporarily?, it did happen to me but i grow out of it after seeing the dramatic changes because of puberty.. i felt weird so i didnt talk about it back then but now i can. i dont know what the author is planning but i dont think there is anything wrong for now, i learned that i should just enjoy the fiction and deal with my real life morals/values/beliefs in real life with real life stories.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well I can't speak for everyone but there's a way that the narrative has dwelt specifically on Koguma's body in earlier chapters - both our characters describe it as tiny and child-like repeatedly. That's not really an issue on its own, because Hino and Koguma are both the same age, and sufficiently well-realized characters with enough other things going on in their relationship that it doesn't feel like the reason the story is being read or written. But now there's this other, actual child character, being crushed on by a high schooler. I'm not used to that. Kids having crushes on teenagers and adults is fairly familiar to me - my older sister went through like ten of them when I was in grade school - but I can't think of any examples from either my own life or fiction where a teenager takes a romantic interest in someone that much younger. It's weird enough to me that it takes me out of the story, I wonder why it's there, and suddenly Koguma feels kind of like a proxy for other, less wholesome relationships the author could be drawing instead.

Is it paranoid to think this way? I suppose so. Nothing depicted between Omichi and Rin in the actual text so far has been objectionable. But the brain is wired to look for patterns, especially in fiction where everything's intentional. And this is Dynasty Scans, we have trained ourselves to look for all possible subtext. :V

Thanks for the reasonable response. The story doesn’t hit me that way at all—it’s been a highwire act all along where the story consistently feints towards being explicitly lewd and potentially exploitative but always ends up in a wholesome, and often extraordinarily caring, place, and I see no indication that it’s ever going to be anything else.

The story has explicitly thematized characters looking and/or acting older and/or younger than their physical ages, which is precisely what I recall about the first year of high school—some people looked like they were about ready for marriage while others (probably me among them) looked like they were only recently allowed to cross the street by themselves. And everyone, big and small, fairly crackling with adolescent hormones.

I just find it quite hard to believe that anyone could read this series in its entirety and think that anything objectionable is going to happen between Omichi and Rin.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The story has explicitly thematized characters looking and/or acting older and/or younger than their physical ages, which is precisely what I recall about the first year of high school—some people looked like they were about ready for marriage while others (probably me among them) looked like they were only recently allowed to cross the street by themselves. And everyone, big and small, fairly crackling with adolescent hormones.

I just find it quite hard to believe that anyone could read this series in its entirety and think that anything objectionable is going to happen between Omichi and Rin.

I'd also like to add that it's rather clear reading this, that Omichi was not attracted to Rin because she's a child, but quite the opposite, because Rin is possibly the most mature character in this entire manga.

Sample_eddd25a7b299325e6bba61de4a51ee369a7c7b22
joined Mar 30, 2022

Neat how things sped up in the latest chapters, waiting was worth it.

Also, people who went on a full rant about Omichi and started to badmouth the author should be ashamed of themselves. There's only a 3 years age gap between both characters. Furthermore, Omichi found herself attracted to Rin's maturity and courage in particular, not her body. She also made it clear that she wouldn't groom anyone and would wait. So yeah, go back to tumblr because no one cares.

last edited at May 1, 2023 5:46PM

Koolplayer12
4f458f0ca382c3704f458f0ca382c370robocopfp1
joined Apr 11, 2022

WOW! GIRLS KISSING!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.