Forum › VAMPEERZ discussion

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I guess you can't fault Higashiyama Show too much for the slightly sloppy ending since it's his first serious attempt at a series.

the thing was, he had an idea but hadn't completely thought out what the ending would've been, so that's why for a bit of the series it just like things came out of no-where.

that being said, i don't think this was a memory loss fakeout... it seems to me that Ichika recovered her memories much like a fairytale kiss. which is cheesy but i'll take the happy ending gratefully. after stretch, i'll take any happy yuri ending at this point from shou lmao

Victory
joined Oct 15, 2020

Hopefully there's still a short 10 to 15 page epilogue chapter at the end of the 9th volume. If the version on here doesn't end up having something like that, maybe the official english one will. I just like it when they do those since it gives a tiny bit more closure over what happened with the characters

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Happy ending YESSS!!! I'm gonna miss this manga with it's drama and shenanigans!! Aria also became cute when she turned human? Well, she was always cute but her as a human gave her this cute delicacy to me lol. Thanks, what a great ride!!

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Awwww. :D

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

God, I'll miss this series so much. I'm definitelly buying the volumes when they come out in my language

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

What a great ending! I'll miss this story for sure, but I think it was a good time to end it.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I've never read this before and decided to just read it all in one go since I saw the [end] tag... and that sure was a ride, enjoyed it very much. Didn't really feel to me that the ending was rushed, I thought it was a perfectly good one (but again, maybe I'm not the best person to say since I did read everything at once :P).

The story overall felt pretty complete to me, and made sense for the most part with some twist and turns here and there... but if I had to complain, I think the thing that jumps out to me the most is Al-Kamil. Eiher I completely missed some sort of explanation, or she basically just became evil for no reason, no explanations or motives are given. One day she just decided it would be fun to kill people lmao

last edited at Apr 23, 2023 11:02AM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I think this is a small typo on last chapter page 21 second panel:
should'nt -> shouldn't

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

I've never read this before and decided to just read it all in one go since I saw the [end] tag... and that sure was a ride, enjoyed it very much. Didn't really feel to me that the ending was rushed, I thought it was a perfectly good one (but again, maybe I'm not the best person to say since I did read everything at once :P).

The story overall felt pretty complete to me, and made sense for the most part with some twist and turns here and there... but if I had to complain, I think the thing that jumps out to me the most is Al-Kamil. Eiher I completely missed some sort of explanation, or she basically just became evil for no reason, no explanations or motives are given. One day she just decided it would be fun to kill people lmao

Actually how Al-kamil thinks is pretty simple. She has her (mother-sister) loves her to "death" (Aria raised her to be her sister). The entire town adored her because they looked to her as if she was everyone's little daughter. She was absolutely spoiled rotten. When she was thirsty instead of following the rules, she went ahead and kill, thinking that EVEN if it were not OK, they will let her out; and if it does not, then Aria will let her out. Yes, a definition pf "spoiled child". Also, she might not even think about the possibility of being executed by the treasure sword because she might have never seen it herself, which to her can mean it is just an ordinary antique sword. She changed her mind pretty quickly when Shin read her the death sentence and indeed a treasure sword holder coming after her...it was not a joke or something that she could have gotten out of.
It is not easy for others to handle it. But if you think about it, Aria is Al-Kamil's parent, and Shin was Aria's parent, so executing her actually would created trauma.
So do not spoil your children. Bring her to see a psychiatrist if you caught her drinking blood... :)

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

that being said, i don't think this was a memory loss fakeout... it seems to me that Ichika recovered her memories much like a fairytale kiss. which is cheesy but i'll take the happy ending gratefully. after stretch, i'll take any happy yuri ending at this point from shou lmao

The only issue I have is that Ichika was actually convinced she would kill Aria with that sword. This means that Aria now wants to spend her life with someone who was set on killing her, which is ... a tad awkward.

But yeah, not bad for a Higashiyama story, I guess. Not enough to make me forgive him for the mess that is Stretch, though.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Actually how Al-kamil thinks is pretty simple. She has her (mother-sister) loves her to "death" (Aria raised her to be her sister). The entire town adored her because they looked to her as if she was everyone's little daughter. She was absolutely spoiled rotten.

I still feel like there is a step missing from being very spoiled to becoming a murderer. She clearly knew it was considered bad as well, otherwise why should she attempt to hide it (although not very well :P) I dunno, I guess it's a bit easier to do that jump when you need to drink blood to live but still.

The only issue I have is that Ichika was actually convinced she would kill Aria with that sword.

Then why would she say "as long as as we meet again, we'll surely..." This, along with the "believe in me" leads me to believe she learned from that god that this is exactly what would happen, maybe as long as she targeted that weird ball or whatever. And after that kiss and regaining memories she is even saying that this is exactly what she hoped will happen.

last edited at Apr 23, 2023 1:29PM

joined Mar 15, 2014

damn. that was awesome. loved it. how i imagined prism might have ended (in terms of emotions) had it been given another chance.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

Actually how Al-kamil thinks is pretty simple. She has her (mother-sister) loves her to "death" (Aria raised her to be her sister). The entire town adored her because they looked to her as if she was everyone's little daughter. She was absolutely spoiled rotten. When she was thirsty instead of following the rules, she went ahead and kill, thinking that EVEN if it were not OK, they will let her out; and if it does not, then Aria will let her out. Yes, a definition pf "spoiled child". Also, she might not even think about the possibility of being executed by the treasure sword because she might have never seen it herself, which to her can mean it is just an ordinary antique sword. She changed her mind pretty quickly when Shin read her the death sentence and indeed a treasure sword holder coming after her...it was not a joke or something that she could have gotten out of.

Yes, she was given immortality too early and is a twisted child. Her motivations are meant to be childish and reactionary partly as a commentary about her age, development, and upbringing, etc.

Then why would she say "as long as as we meet again, we'll surely..." This, along with the "believe in me" leads me to believe she learned from that god that this is exactly what would happen, maybe as long as she targeted that weird ball or whatever. And after that kiss and regaining memories she is even saying that this is exactly what she hoped will happen.

Yes, that's what chapter 44 (and the opening of 45) was entirely about: her gaining knowledge of what it would take to save Aria and still choosing to do it. She literally sees all her memories with Aria before she makes her decision.

last edited at Apr 23, 2023 4:33PM

4a988c9f-5d1b-45ec-9cf6-77d69949c95c
joined Jul 30, 2022

nice ending its enough

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

The ending is cute, I'm happy!

Thanks for translating the whole series <3

joined Oct 16, 2013

Going to miss this series. Thanks to everyone who had a hand in translating it!

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

me, happilly ugly crying: let's go lesbians let's go

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

very meh ending to a good series

36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

Yuri lovers... it's been an honor following this series alongside you all ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ
I didn't cry or anything but it got right to the feels and I am so happy for my girls :)

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I thought there'd be a cruel ending, so that was nice. Been quite a ride.

4a988c9f-5d1b-45ec-9cf6-77d69949c95c
joined Jul 30, 2022

damn this is it? sad i want a bonus chapter when they are already all grown ups

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

I do want an epilogue as well, but it's nice to see this finally get some resolution. Also I love how the reason they even get back together so quick and restore Ichika's memories is just:

Aria: hey have u ever kissed before
Ichika: no wanna try

AKA just Ichika being horny for Aria. Never change Ichika, never change

last edited at May 2, 2023 7:23PM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

The only issue I have is that Ichika was actually convinced she would kill Aria with that sword. This means that Aria now wants to spend her life with someone who was set on killing her, which is ... a tad awkward.

I mean, Aria was alive for so many centuries, living through so many tragedies, and watching people loved die. If you're able to live through all that without having the urge to live out your life instead of living it endlessly, then you must have quite the mental and emotional fortitude

last edited at May 10, 2023 5:02AM

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

All’s well that ends well~ it’s been a good journey everyone ~

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

SHow has been designing and playing around new characters. I would like to know what his plan is.

To reply you must either login or sign up.