Forum › Our Yuri Started With Me Getting Rejected in a Dream discussion

joined Apr 29, 2018

To be honest, i can understand how Tsukushi didn't get it. I mean, Sara act the same with all the girls. hugging, being physical and all. So i can quite get why she would think those two were only friends because only us reader could see them acting like a couple. but the "we could go on a double date" was still a big give away...

last edited at Apr 6, 2023 5:45AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Surprise! Surely no one could have seen that coming! :P

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

double date incoming

joined Apr 10, 2021

Tsuc is good in school, kind, athletic, tomboy-pretty. If you buy all these perks with your points when you create your character, you have to get some serious -4 yuri intelligence flaws too to fit it all in.

last edited at Apr 6, 2023 7:23AM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

If the bakkapuru didn't realise Yuu and Sara are going out, I am starting to worry what their grades might be like.

I have felt all along this is a strange manga, tbh. They're such a weird combination of effort and timidity, both of them.

The art is really beautiful, by the way, especially the main pair.

Is the moral of the story going to be that if you suffer along the way, your love will be all the more precious?

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

TBH, the fact that Tsukushi somehow still thinks she's getting rejected might be the biggest dense moment of them all :P Also, she obviously didn't factor in that her crush is going to be in a freaking bathing suit at the beach, which isn't exactly going to make it easier for her to think straight (pun very intended) :P

Amazing Despair
12a1
joined May 12, 2019

Tsukushi's mind is stuck in a pretty bad loop, Hinoka might have to do something intense to break through all that fear lol. I wonder if the wingwomen tell her about it or keep quiet

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Also, she obviously didn't factor in that her crush is going to be in a freaking bathing suit at the beach, which isn't exactly going to make it easier for her to think straight (pun very intended) :P

Maybe that's exactly her point. :P

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Tsukushi's mind is stuck in a pretty bad loop

That's actually a great description of the main crux of this manga. Tsukushi's brain is caught in a recursive self-reinforcing anxiety about fictitious scenarios of getting rejected. This ultimately pointless exercise consumes so much of her brain energy, the brain subsystems responsible for observing and interpreting the social situation around her are starved into atrophying, leading to an almost complete disconnect from reality -- particularly from that of how down bad Hinoka is for her...

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Tsuc is good in school, kind, athletic, tomboy-pretty. If you buy all these perks with your points when you create your character, you have to get some serious -4 yuri intelligence flaws too to fit it all in.

Y'know, I haven't thought about it like that, but I like this idea. Girl's gotta have dump stat of sorts.

In any case, even if it were as obvious as could be both in-universe and to us readers, I still appreciate Sara directly telling Tsukushi about her and Yuu. Actually, I'm not so sure it was as clear in-universe as it was to us, especially considering how hard both Tsukushi.exe and Hinoka.exe have been malfunctioning. So I definitely do appreciate this being explicitly mentioned. Now I'm looking forward to the double date(s).

...Also, she obviously didn't factor in that her crush is going to be in a freaking bathing suit at the beach, which isn't exactly going to make it easier for her to think straight (pun very intended) :P

Oh my god I have not thought about that. This will be torturously amusing.

last edited at Apr 6, 2023 9:18AM

joined Feb 17, 2022

Shouldn't this latest chapter have Coming out and Gyaru tags since Sara just admitted she was dating Yuu and she's usually tagged as as Gyaru?

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

OOH!
Another couple will inspired both to go quickly

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Surprise! Surely no one could have seen that coming! :P

At first I thought for sure Tsukushi was going to say: "Well yeah even the fishes know that!"

Then she went: "WHAAAT!?" Oh, so she didn't know. Right, okay, makes sense.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Yeah, I think it's important to remember that:
1) Dramatic irony is a thing. The characters don't have shot framing, an omniscient view of the situation for events they weren't present for, nor all the time in the world to review the situation. Their information is pretty imperfect.
2) On top of that it's also very hard to gauge situations you yourself are in because...you're in them. Not to mention the characters in question are teenagers who have all sorts of weirdo things going on with their brain chemistry going crazy, and their brains actively in the process of growing entire new sections.

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

plot twist of the day wow

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Hammer to the head for Tsukushi

joined Aug 29, 2019

I think it absolutely makes sense that Tsukushi and probably Hinoka are clueless about Sara and Yuu's relationship.
Sara and Yuu may not exactly be hiding it, but they'd obviously not openly announced it previously and close (s)kinship is to an extent less conspicuous among girls, which is an excuse Tsukushi herself very often uses. When they more or less explicitly stated that they were going out by asking about a double date, Tsukushi was in no position to actually notice what was being said and completely absorbed in rumination and self-doubt.

As such, I'd say LTalon's points are particularly applicable here.

last edited at Apr 7, 2023 7:54AM

StudentOfEtherium
Djp09ca4_400x400
joined Dec 16, 2017

always love a good yuri side pairing

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Goddamn, I was just making a joke... ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ

joined Jul 30, 2020

I remember at least a couple people mentioning getting this mixed up with "How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend?" I can't imagine them both releasing beach chapters close to the same time will help with that.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

HDIGTWMCF has Hinori, the competent one, to act as wingwoman. That's an important distinction.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I remember at least a couple people mentioning getting this mixed up with "How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend?" I can't imagine them both releasing beach chapters close to the same time will help with that.

I honestly had to take a moment again with that one's latest chapter and remind myself that it does not, in fact, follow the events over here. :D

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

You mean they're not the same??!!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I always forget people have trouble making a distinction. But in their defence, I'm probably in the minority regarding downloading one series but not the other.

To reply you must either login or sign up.