Forum › My Girlfriend's Not Here Today discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

XadarxBlack posted:

As for Nanase, she's naive and it's not surprising she ended up in the role of the cuck. She totally overlooked the needs of her girlfriend in favor of "what will people think" and "Club is my life". Yuni is needy and Nanase neglected her. It comes as no surprise she got cheated on. I don't justify the cheating, I just explain it. Yuni has huge affection, or even sexual, needs and is weak. Nanase just can't bring that to the table.

not making excuse yet making excuses that cames at no suprised Yuni cheated…….WTF?? I’m sorry what part of this story is “a suprise” as if it’s the natural order of things for an neglected partner to CHOSE TO CHEAT insted of fixing the issue in A FEW MIN!!! or GIVE a second chance and once that failed you can break up! how in hell ALL OF THIS is Yuni briliant awnser?? DOING this much to HIDE the cheating instead of fixing it? BREAKING up take less time that Yuni making an sorry excuse to be with her misstress

Yes yes, it's well known: real people make rational decisions all the time and have iron wills. /s

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 7:18AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

not making excuse yet making excuses that cames at no suprised Yuni cheated…….WTF?? I’m sorry what part of this story is “a suprise” as if it’s the natural order of things for an neglected partner to CHOSE TO CHEAT insted of fixing the issue in A FEW MIN!!! or GIVE a second chance and once that failed you can break up! how in hell ALL OF THIS is Yuni briliant awnser?? DOING this much to HIDE the cheating instead of fixing it? BREAKING up take less time that Yuni making an sorry excuse to be with her mistress

You'd be right that breaking up would be the more "morally sound" choice... in real life and/or when tackled by mature, relatively confident people. I actually fucking hate parallelling real life to these stories so I straight up throw this aside, but Yuni is far from being either mature or confident. Nya-chan was 100% correct with their thoughts on her; she wanted everything and might end with nothing. Though I personally do not think this is where the story intends to go.

Besides, there were at least 2 distinct scenarios in which Nanase was directly confronted with her being a bad girlfriend, and each time she said something along the lines of "I'll do better" and did nothing. The whole cheating thing is not justified by any means, but it is also far from being a surprise. I would say somewhat understandable, to be honest. Like mentioned before, the girl is needy and needs constant affirmation and affection, if source A doesn't provide enough, conveniently placed source B will help.

In any case, my thoughts on the goings of the chapter are... I'm kinda unsure, to be honest. I will say that I love Fuuka as a source of turbulence (holy fucking shit that power move) and I remain steadfast in my saying that she has a much better chemistry and dynamic with Yuni. I will also say that as it stands I still have very little sympathy toward Nanase. I do not hate her, I actually don't hate anything or anyone in this story, which is a surprise to me, but I also think that she has been completely hollow in-universe and really needs to step the fuck up.

I also generally don't really have much to say about the whole morality issue of this story, in large part because of the fact that for the most part, the characters' actions match their motivations and are contextually understandable. But also... I don't know, I don't feel that this story's focus is supposed to be morality. In my eyes there is a lot more focus on the hotness factor and the sensual/sexual tension and the intimacy between the characters. The cover page displays it pretty well, I think.

I do not know where the story wants to go. Plenty of people have mentioned polyamory as a route, which I'm more than fine with as I'm a big proponent of go big or go home, but I also simply can't read this story for what it wants to do. Though it is fairly clear the following few chapters will help determine that.

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

Do you think that is more morally acceptable to break up with a girl and change her with other chick you like, while still having a clear consciousness because "you did not cheat on her"? How you did not cheat if you start to FEEL something to someone else?

I mean, yes? People tend to hold breaking up more morally acceptable than cheating, how is this a revelation to you?

It's because if you are in relationship with someone, you can commit an emotional betrayal to your partner replacing them with other person. It can hurt more than cheating physically.

Emotional betrayal can be more serious than physical attraction to someone else, even cheating.

Breaking up is not always good solution. And can't justify leaving someone for someone else.
Like here in manga, between Yuni and Nanase
There is still enough love between them not to break up.
Breaking up with Nanase and leaving her for someone else would cause more damage to Nanase than this situation when Fuuko announces cheating. Now all of them have a choice.

If Yuni broke up with Nanase, it would not be breaking up WITH her, but breaking NANASE, leaving her without any choice. Nanase would be an outcast, left without any dignity, just thrown out like a filth.
This is between three people and must be solved between 3 of them.
Here, equation is not TWO, but THREE.

And we actually have the most healthy situation for resolving current situation thanks to Yuni keeping Nanase in cuck position. (Ha ha, what an irony!)
I don't even see that Yuni cheated on her emotionally, she just prolonged everything until it's mature enough for final solution.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Do you think that is more morally acceptable to break up with a girl and change her with other chick you like, while still having a clear consciousness because "you did not cheat on her"? How you did not cheat if you start to FEEL something to someone else?

I mean, yes? People tend to hold breaking up more morally acceptable than cheating, how is this a revelation to you?

It's because if you are in relationship with someone, you can commit an emotional betrayal to your partner replacing them with other person. It can hurt more than cheating physically.

Emotional betrayal can be more serious than physical attraction to someone else, even cheating.

Breaking up is not always good solution. And can't justify leaving someone for someone else.
Like here in manga, between Yuni and Nanase
There is still enough love between them not to break up.
Breaking up with Nanase and leaving her for someone else would cause more damage to Nanase than this situation when Fuuko announces cheating. Now all of them have a choice.

If Yuni broke up with Nanase, it would not be breaking up WITH her, but breaking NANASE, leaving her without any choice. Nanase would be an outcast, left without any dignity, just thrown out like a filth.
This is between three people and must be solved between 3 of them.
Here, equation is not TWO, but THREE.

And we actually have the most healthy situation for resolving current situation thanks to Yuni keeping Nanase in cuck position. (Ha ha, what an irony!)
I don't even see that Yuni cheated on her emotionally, she just prolonged everything until it's mature enough for final solution.

The difference is that you can't choose to fall in love with someone else, it just happens. You can choose to not fuck other people however. Which one hurts more is case by case basis of course, but that was not your question.

You are probably right that this was the best outcome for everyone involved though Since the chaotic element was introduced into the "equation" as you say, it was all going to go to shit one way or another anyway. Why characters like Fuuko are always depicted so assholish in these stories, reveling in it all, I am not sure. Makes me think she probably does not truly care about Yuni, but it's not like we have ever gotten a real good look inside her head.

Gotta agree with whoever said it above, this is much more of a comedy than anything at this point, I can almost hear the laugh track. Can't say that it's boring at the very least.

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 8:40AM

joined Dec 13, 2013

fuuko is iconic

joined Jan 23, 2020

Man I love this manga all this drama is just chef's kiss and Fuuko is totally crazy but I love crazy I hope yuni stays with her even if it's a toxic relationship I need more cheating in my fiction all the morality kills the drama and angst

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

You are probably right that this was the best outcome for everyone involved though Since the chaotic element was introduced into the "equation" as you say, it was all going to go to shit one way or another anyway. Why characters like Fuuko are always depicted so assholish in these stories, reveling in it all, I am not sure. Makes me think she probably does not truly care about Yuni, but it's not like we have ever gotten a real good look inside her head.

I was observing Fuuko very carefully, exactly looking for those "signals", is she sincere or not to Yuni, and I did not find any. Except a little evil smile, but it's given to Nanase catching her kissing Yuni

People call her a stalker, but I found that she was following Yuni at least 3 or 4 months before she discovered her real ID (it's info about anniversary)
So, I suspected she fell in love with an unknown girl who is venting and having troubles with a girlfriend. And as an opportunist, Fuuko decided to "help". She takes her chance being fed up with falling for straight girls.

People call her a blackmailer. Really? She never used anything against Yuni, and there are a few very compromising pics, including all posts on her venting account

Sexual harassment? Manipulation? In Osaka, when Yuni licked her wounded ear, Fuuko moved from her saying "We can't..."
it was YUNI who initiated sex

Every time when she speaks about Yuni, or to Yuni, she looks adorable and very sincere. I would be very disappointed if author suddenly turns to some unknown dark side of Fuuko. She is the most noble villain in my life and I almost wish that she is real...
Actually, I wish all those girls are real, but Fuuko, she is so special as she is now. I really like such passionate and brave characters with flaws that make them feel very real.

I think, if there's possibility that Fuuko does not truly care about Yuni, it would be very unreal according to the story until now, when story is in a state of finalization
She had so many chances to destroy everything, literally annihilate both Yuni and Nanase 10 000 times
I think she really cares about Yuni, from everything I see until now.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Every time when she speaks about Yuni, or to Yuni, she looks adorable and very sincere. I would be very disappointed if author suddenly turns to some unknown dark side of Fuuko. She is the most noble villain in my life and I almost wish that she is real...
Actually, I wish all those girls are real, but Fuuko, she is so special as she is now. I really like such passionate and brave characters with flaws that make them feel very real.

That... is certainly a take. I can't say I agree on pretty much anything here, but then again that's kinda fun in its own way.

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

I was observing Fuuko very carefully, exactly looking for those "signals", is she sincere or not to Yuni, and I did not find any. Except a little evil smile, but it's given to Nanase catching her kissing Yuni

People call her a stalker, but I found that she was following Yuni at least 3 or 4 months before she discovered her real ID (it's info about anniversary)
So, I suspected she fell in love with an unknown girl who is venting and having troubles with a girlfriend. And as an opportunist, Fuuko decided to "help". She takes her chance being fed up with falling for straight girls.

People call her a blackmailer. Really? She never used anything against Yuni, and there are a few very compromising pics, including all posts on her venting account

Sexual harassment? Manipulation? In Osaka, when Yuni licked her wounded ear, Fuuko moved from her saying "We can't..."

I think, if there's possibility that Fuuko does not truly care about Yuni, it would be very unreal according to the story until now, when story is in a state of finalization
She had so many chances to destroy everything, literally annihilate both Yuni and Nanase 10 000 times

It sounds like you're ignoring Fuuko's bad personality because you don't want it to true. She's clearly written to be a villain, even if she has some sympathetic aspects to her.

The blackmail here is very clear and fits the literal definition. Fuuko snapped a picture of them kissing and used the threat of revealing it to coerce Yuni into being by her side. Later, she even says, "Do you want it to spread? That you're cheating on your girlfriend with me." Blackmail isn't the act of revealing the compromising information. It's the demand of something in exchange for not doing so.

I'm not going to cite an example for each point, but Fuuko's dark and possessive personality isn't exactly a secret. This very chapter, she goes out of her way to destroy the remaining relationship between Yuni and Nanase after Yuni explicitly tells her not to if she cares about her. She certainly didn't respect Yuni enough to follow her wishes.

I'm all for rooting for Fuuko even if I don't like her, but please let's not pretend she is a saint lol.

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

It sounds like you're ignoring Fuuko's bad personality because you don't want it to true. She's clearly written to be a villain, even if she has some sympathetic aspects to her.

The blackmail here is very clear and fits the literal definition. Fuuko snapped a picture of them kissing and used the threat of revealing it to coerce Yuni into being by her side. Later, she even says, "Do you want it to spread? That you're cheating on your girlfriend with me." Blackmail isn't the act of revealing the compromising information. It's the demand of something in exchange for not doing so.

I'm not going to cite an example for each point, but Fuuko's dark and possessive personality isn't exactly a secret. This very chapter, she goes out of her way to destroy the remaining relationship between Yuni and Nanase after Yuni explicitly tells her not to if she cares about her. She certainly didn't respect Yuni enough to follow her wishes.

I'm all for rooting for Fuuko even if I don't like her, but please let's not pretend she is a saint lol.

Hahaaha, I admit I really enjoyed your remarks, especially the last one

About blackmail, if you allow me to ask, what kind of blackmailer is Fuuko, asking from Yuni to pierce her ear?
Is it truly a kind of blackmail you would expect while having so much valuable info which can literally destroy both involved characters, not just their relationship? How much "dark" Fuuko really is, according to all her actions?

About intention to destroy relationship of Nanase and Yuni, didn't she try on the train station to tell Yuni that she saw Nanase? (chapter 16), and Yuni is not listening to her, completely absorbed in her own thoughts and messages on the phone.
Look, there's no gain for Fuuko to destroy that relationship. She would lose Yuni completly. Only thing she can do is to bring everything out, in the open, and see what will happen after. She has no control over decisions and choices of two other involved sides (Yuni and Nanase)

My analyze of characters until now, is, that she has some of Yuni's affection, but Yuni now feels affection for both, for Nanase and for Fuuko, and that's why I call her "poly in development"
I don't think Fuuko and Nanase share similar affections toward each other, so anything is possible

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 12:43PM

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

I really liked chapter 15, even with the MTL. I especially liked the part where Yuni gets mad at social media. Some of it was just people online being mean, but the comments about "it's your fault" and "why don't you just break up with her" were spitting facts. She just didn't want to hear it. She's a very selfish, emotion-driven person with no willpower or ability to commit to anything. And when something challenges her emotionally, she just runs away. In that context, I think it's a good thing that Fuuko has been acting so confrontational lately. Yuni had two perfectly viable options: She could've stopped cheating on Nanase and tried to improve that relationship, or she could've stopped half-assing her affections for Fuuko and dumped Nanase. But she couldn't do either, and now she's in this situation. Fuuko might be a manipulative, sexual harassing bitch, but she's 100% in the right to lay things out in the open like this. And she's right to feel hurt by the fact that Yuni wants to fuck her and use her as an emotional crutch but won't break up with her girlfriend for her.

What Yuni has been doing is also obviously cruel to Nanase. Nanase can be an incredibly inconsiderate girlfriend, but at a basic level, she's right that it isn't wrong to love her club and her friends AND her girlfriend. Yuni is too much of a coward to seriously try to fix anything anyway. Like with the volleyball thing. It's inconsiderate to expect Yuni to go see you on her own dime without even getting to spend time with you, but Yuni doesn't even think to say that, she just goes "okay" and then uses it as a convenient excuse to cheat while blaming Nanase, because as much as it's self-destructive and painful to her, she LIKES having her cake and eating it too. A proper girlfriend would've said something like: "I'll go if you promise to find a way to spend time with me and you help me pay for it."

If Yuni ends up with nothing but a lesson about the importance of commitment, Fuuko moves on, and Nanase starts dating her best friend, I would consider that a good ending.

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 12:33PM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Why characters like Fuuko are always depicted so assholish in these stories, reveling in it all, I am not sure. Makes me think she probably does not truly care about Yuni, but it's not like we have ever gotten a real good look inside her head.

Actually!

Just wait a bit.

2021-02-06%2003_35_00-window
joined Aug 12, 2018

The reasonable course of action was for Yuni to just dump Nanase and go out with Fuuko normally... though it was even more reasonable to dump Nanase and ignore Fuuko because she's clearly a sociopath lol.

Yuni is an absolutely retarded bitch, she has every right to feel abandoned (because Nanase is a terrible partner in every single way) but she's stupid enough to want to keep her for some reason, even though she clearly doesn't like her one bit lmao.

Nanase is a clown who can't take a hint. Literally leaves her girlfriend alone whenever someone else calls her, even though she knows Yuni hates it. "Oh im so happy we're at the pool together" proceeds to go eat with her club friend leaving yuni on her own lol. lmao.

That said, the blame is on the three of them. Nanase for being a neglectful clown, Yuni for being the most selfish cunt in tokyo, and Fuuko for being a literal sociopath who started everything.
Honestly, if you take Fuuko out of the equation, the couple would have fallen apart on its own eventually

I honestly believe the original intention of the author was to make a story where the three of them were equally at fault, but it clearly developed a bias along the way. Yuni is the worst, then Fuuko, then Nanase.

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 12:45PM

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

Why characters like Fuuko are always depicted so assholish in these stories, reveling in it all, I am not sure. Makes me think she probably does not truly care about Yuni, but it's not like we have ever gotten a real good look inside her head.

Actually!

Just wait a bit.

Brrrr... The most terrifying comment here
Now I'm ready for the beginning of psycho-sociopathic horror and turning Fuuko into a zombie and completely emotionless hot looking doll without essence of life
Which was everything I did not want from this manga

joined Aug 12, 2018

Nanase is a good girl, but a terrible girlfriend, She has her priorities all over the place. And its not just the fact that she puts the club above everything else, but she's also quick to turn her back to Yuni for anything. She will leave her in the middle of a conversation if someone from her club calls her. She constantly keeps her at an arm's distance "so they won't find out we're dating", but acts way closer with her other friends, and isn't bothered by skinship, except when it's with Yuni. She doesn't act like a girlfriend, she barely acts like a friend with her lol.

Fuuko is a witch who decided to take advantage of a girl in a clearly vulnerable emotional state, by purposely being everything her girlfriend isn't. She's smart and cunning as hell, she knows what Yuni isn't getting from Nanase and is quick to provide it to fill that void. Her intention from the beginning was to destroy a relationship that she knew was falling apart (from reading twitter), to "save" Hinayu from her oh so very bad girlfriend she always tweeted about. Her goal was to steal Yuni for herself all along.

Yuni is an absolute cunt. Her feelings about Nanase are 100% justified for the most part, but she takes action in the worst possible ways. It's okay to be angry if yout gf stood you up to go play volleyball, it's fine to be upset if she runs away every time she's called by someone else, it's completely understandable to be jealous if she acts close to everyone except you. But god damn she can't help being the absolute worst person in this manga. The kiss and piercing in the manga cafe can be blamed on Fuuko for playing the right cards to manipulate a vulnerable heartbroken girl, but everything after the manga cafe has been her fault and only hers. No money for the train to osaka? She could ask her parents, but compensated dating seems to be a better option in her eyes (because she wanted to date Fuuko). She's in a hotel with Fuuko? She told her to go sleep, but Yuni still went out of her way to have sex with her even after being rejected once. Fuuko didn't do anything this time lol. Nanase's friend confronted her? It was the perfect time for some reflection on her actions, but she went full denial mode and got violent because she didn't want to hear the truth.
She's only been taking advantage of Fuuko as a source of comfort and sex and taking advantage of Nanase as her "girlfriend" but can't be assed to choose one or the other, so she decides to just hurt both at the same time.

God damn I cant wait to see how her life is ruined from here on

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 1:23PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Yay for comment section! I really don't get how this would turn into polyamory, Yuni doesn't seem capable of healthy, ethical love so far, isn't she just very needy and trying to fill her voids with either her gf or this random woman who pays attention to her, Fuuko? I mean...she has no friends on her own...I know no manga ends with everyone going to therapy, but if I was writing one, it'd end like that, all of them split, taking therapy, and eventually, in a few years, dating other people in a healthier way.

Now for this one title tho....I have no idea what is gonna happen, like nothing at all! To me, Fuuko and Nanase could do better, Yuni can go to hell xD

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

The difference is that you can't choose to fall in love with someone else, it just happens. You can choose to not fuck other people however. Which one hurts more is case by case basis of course, but that was not your question.

Actually, I was talking about something else. About people who will justify leaving their partner with excuse "There is someone else, but I did not cheat on you".
They DID CHEAT in their heart already, and it's nothing more morally acceptable or "healthier", than literal cheating. For me it's the same.
If they try to justify a break up replacing their partner with someone else, they are hypocrites.
Maybe I was not so precise before, in my previous explanation. Which is also valid.

joined Aug 12, 2018

Actually, I was talking about something else. About people who will justify leaving their partner with excuse "There is someone else, but I did not cheat on you".
They DID CHEAT in their heart already, and it's nothing more morally acceptable or "healthier", than literal cheating. For me it's the same.

Bro are you okay?
You can't control your own feelings. Falling in love with someone else is not cheating lmfao. You can't decide what you feel.
It only becomes cheating if you act on those feelings behind your partner's back.
If you develop feelings for someone else, and talk to your partner about it and decide to break up, that's healthy. That's communication. That's the only reasonable outcome for the situation.
Continuing to be with someone while you have feelings for someone else won't do any good for either of you. You'd be a massive hypocrite if you stayed with your partner while loving another person.
Physically cheating and hiding it from your current partner is scummy, and the worst thing you could do.

By saying that leaving your partner because you developed feelings for someone else counts as cheating and is worse than outright fucking another woman, you're outing yourself as a toxic psycho lmao. Peak yandere behaviour

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 2:56PM

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

^
I was talking about moral hypocrisy of people who are constantly changing partners justifying themselves by leaving people behind with excuse "There's someone else but I did not cheat on you"

You misinterpreted my comment, just assumed my gender, and spoke to me from haughtiness and with insults, which tells enough about you.
You should call me Your Majesty from now on, because I'm very generous and merciful, more than Rulers of this site...

And all those comments of mine and quotes are on account to Yuni, because people say she should just break up and she is justified and all is fine. It's not so simple situation.
You should find my previous comments about it if you wish to understand what quoted person and me were talking about whole day today

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 3:59PM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Actually!

Just wait a bit.

Oh. Well, still an asshole for no reason though. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Actually!

Just wait a bit.

Yeah, but it invalidates the statement "she probably does not truly care about Yuni".

She's in pain too, even though she hides it well.

joined Aug 12, 2018

I can see Fuuko's story coming from miles away though.

I bet my ass she was groomed into being a lesbian by her childhood friend, only for her to go "haha girls cant actually be together!!" and leave for a man (then come back pregnant as we saw lol)

So that trauma turned her into a bitch who's desperate for attention. And I also bet her whole motive is "Nanase is halfhearted just like my ex so Im actually saving my beloved Hinayu from her so she doesn't suffer as I did"

joined Jan 11, 2018

Actually!

Just wait a bit.

Yeah, but it invalidates the statement "she probably does not truly care about Yuni".

She's in pain too, even though she hides it well.

This goes back to what I said before, I'm wondering if Fuuko is setting herself up for heartbreak since Yuni seems to still care for her girlfriend and might just be using her for attention.

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

I can see Fuuko's story coming from miles away though.

I bet my ass she was groomed into being a lesbian by her childhood friend, only for her to go "haha girls cant actually be together!!" and leave for a man (then come back pregnant as we saw lol)

So that trauma turned her into a bitch who's desperate for attention. And I also bet her whole motive is "Nanase is halfhearted just like my ex so Im actually saving my beloved Hinayu from her so she doesn't suffer as I did"

Chapter 10 page 22, 3 middle pics.

Other remark, Fuuko met her old flame currently pregnant AFTER starting "salvation' of Yuni, there was no "trauma turned her into a bitch" and no comparison to her ex to Nanase.
For now, there's no exact proof that something ever happened between them in so young age (11-12 yo Fuuko traumatized for loving a girl???), Probably it was completely one sided from very young Fuuko, relaying on a promise to be priority to Yuzuki-san

She was shocked to see her first love pregnant. It was not trauma, it's a pain

last edited at Mar 27, 2023 8:58AM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Oh wow, those extra pages...I kinda like Fuuko more now, not her actions, but her. I wish everyone could be happy! but this is the world of "my girlfriend is not here today" so....who knows

To reply you must either login or sign up.