Forum › Be Careful, Onee-san (Serialization) discussion

joined Aug 29, 2019

My headcanon is that Hitomi’s family (and guards) already know of Tae’s lolicon co-worker’s behaviour and are keeping her under surveillance 24/7.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are always at least two pairs of eyes and three satellites belonging to the household pointed in her direction, but the parents don't want to interfere where they don't absolutely have to. I wonder if Hitomi is aware, but going by how sharp she is, my money's on "yes".

joined Aug 21, 2017

Effortlessly receives Great Luck (blessed by the heavens)
From an extremely wealthy family, but you wouldn't know it until you see it
Able to use an enormous mallet with ease

Hitomi remains the most GOATed character in this manga

joined Aug 21, 2017

Also, Hitomi is DEVOURING a salad bowl's worth of mochi here: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/be_careful_onee_san_serialization_ch28#14

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Sorry, I'm not getting the final remarks about mochi either...

She wants to pound her like mochi of course.

(Jokes aside I think she's saying she loves both a whole lot, but I'm also tired.)

I took it to mean that just as onee chan loves freshly pounded mochi in a different way from more aged mochi, she is realizing she loves onee chan in a different way from friends/family.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Effortlessly receives Great Luck (blessed by the heavens)
From an extremely wealthy family, but you wouldn't know it until you see it
Able to use an enormous mallet with ease

Hitomi remains the most GOATed character in this manga

She's quite something. I still can't get over the way she just inhaled the whole rest of the giant dessert after everyone gave up.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

Wow! Hitomi looks just like her dad!

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Sorry, I'm not getting the final remarks about mochi either...

She wants to pound her like mochi of course.

(Jokes aside I think she's saying she loves both a whole lot, but I'm also tired.)

I took it to mean that just as onee chan loves freshly pounded mochi in a different way from more aged mochi, she is realizing she loves onee chan in a different way from friends/family.

I knew I was missing something, yeah I think you're on the money here.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

I do love this manga.. even if I go 'huh' at it alot

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

After all the stuff that Hitomi has proven to be capable of i have reached the conclusion that....

She is the Top

Azuma is the bottom

last edited at Feb 28, 2023 12:33AM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I don't know if people noticed, but aside from being a "wealthy family", I tihnk Hitomi's family is hinted at being a Yakuza clan.

It's a tradition for some "respected" clans, like the Yamaguchi Gumi, to pound mochi for the kids in the neighborhood, give out candy at Halloween and stuff like that, to maintain "good relationships" with people as a varnish of respectability.

The father may be unassuming, but he may be the clan's boss.

That's the reason Tae fears for her life when she thinks of Azuma and her antics.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That was quite an army welcoming them...

I doubt anything bad would have happened to Tae, but yeah, Azuma would have been dead. :D

Interesting way of learning about different kinds of love via mochi there. But if it helps, it helps. ^_^

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

My headcanon is that Hitomi’s family (and guards) already know of Tae’s lolicon co-worker’s behaviour and are keeping her under surveillance 24/7.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are always at least two pairs of eyes and three satellites belonging to the household pointed in her direction, but the parents don't want to interfere where they don't absolutely have to. I wonder if Hitomi is aware, but going by how sharp she is, my money's on "yes".

She definitely is aware. The household is probably checking to make sure the potential future wife of the heiress doesn't commit a federal crime.

joined May 29, 2021

Can we all just take a minute and admit that Hitomi's dad hit the damn jackpot with her mom!? Like damn!

Hitomi’s dad is peak male performance. Any woman would be lucky to have him (he looks just like Hitomi, after all).

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

(he looks just like Hitomi, after all).

And talks about as much. :D

joined Aug 21, 2017

I don't know if people noticed, but aside from being a "wealthy family", I tihnk Hitomi's family is hinted at being a Yakuza clan.

It's a tradition for some "respected" clans, like the Yamaguchi Gumi, to pound mochi for the kids in the neighborhood, give out candy at Halloween and stuff like that, to maintain "good relationships" with people as a varnish of respectability.

The father may be unassuming, but he may be the clan's boss.

That's the reason Tae fears for her life when she thinks of Azuma and her antics.

Actually gigabrained take. Explains a lot about Hitomi's previous behavior.

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

I would say Hitomi took after the wrong parent, but she probably gets the superhuman from her Papa. Azuma doesn't know what she's in for

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

after watching hitomi lift a hammer that needs to people i realize honjou and her friends really dodge a bullet when they tried to mock tae

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I get the feeling that the only one objecting to the Mai-tai pairing now is Mai's mom.

Also, ki wo tsukeNAYO is probably clear in context to everyone as being positive "Be careful" which you can also say as Ki wo tsukete ne. However, it's only in Kansai dialect that NAYO is reliably a contraction of NASAI+YO ("do [something]!") vs more often being NA+YO ("don't do [something]!") so it made me wonder if Mai-chan speaks Kansai dialect.

last edited at Mar 5, 2023 3:45AM

joined Apr 16, 2022

I really liked this chapter. Yuki has been a bit of a flat character, but this chapter was genuinely touching; I could see a real-life kid with a crush acting like she does here.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Jealousy building.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Sorry but not sorrry
No one of this girls should win the oneesan, this one need another adult lady

joined May 10, 2021

Yuki trying her best and Mai starting to feel jealous makes this manga a little weirder than it already was..
Not that I'm complaining, I really damn enjoy it ! Oh the duality of age-gap romance..

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Re: page 4: If not actually disgruntled, she was certainly far from being gruntled.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I really liked this chapter. Yuki has been a bit of a flat character, but this chapter was genuinely touching; I could see a real-life kid with a crush acting like she does here.

Hopefully this crush soon turns into pure admiration.
Not that I want Mai to get the girl — i’d rather no one did it for now — but I think that what Yuki needs the most now is an adult figure that will show her the love of someone who is there to take care of her, even by simply spending time with her, because she’s being neglected by those around her.

On another note, Mai pisses me off sometimes.

joined Apr 16, 2022

Hopefully this crush soon turns into pure admiration.
Not that I want Mai to get the girl — i’d rather no one did it for now — but I think that what Yuki needs the most now is an adult figure that will show her the love of someone who is there to take care of her, even by simply spending time with her, because she’s being neglected by those around her.

It's totally normal for kids to get crushes on adults, even in real life; it's the reverse that's the problem. Yuki will still get valuable things from her time with Tae even though her crush is definitely going to end in heartbreak for a multitude of reasons.

To reply you must either login or sign up.