Forum › Sorry but I'm Not Into Yuri discussion

7cef6765-347e-4891-9364-552dfe71ffd8
joined Sep 28, 2020

i cant wait for the fluff next chapter. def my favorite so far, as well as my fav character. i dont read much harem so i dont really know how these things go in the end, but i hope rin wins or whatever :,) cuz it seems to me that itsumi can actually grow to genuinely like her as a romantic interest, and same with rin ofc as it was already established

last edited at Feb 20, 2023 12:46PM

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I'm wondering if the love potion only works on the people you already have romantic feelings for, or alternatively could reasonably have feelings for.

I doubt that it involves already being in love, as some of the victims barely knew Itsumi at all and had no reason to be crushing on her. My hope and interpretation is indeed that the love potion cannot affect your sexuality. It would be quite ironic if the teacher she orginally had a "crush" on just happens to be gay which is why he reacted to the other teacher rather than the girls. It has been shown that he shows absolutely zero interest in girls and women, which just gets stamped off as him being very reserved, but if he was simply gay it would make a lot more sense.

In the same vein this also means that every girl who has been involved with the love potion is at the very least bisexual. A few of them like the president or the yankee and of course Ruruka are a itven as they already expressed that they are into women. The rest could follow suit.
Of course that means Itsumi herself is also into girls, though we figured that one out by the time she willingly had sex with prez.

Maybe the potion only works on the same sex. That's why the teacher didn't fall in love with the protagonist and it didn't take affect until after he saw another man.

joined Feb 1, 2021

This chapter was like some kind of perverted Looney Tunes

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

I like the glasses girl. I don't think molesting someone is worse than drugging them and then molesting them, and I already like Itsumi. I think I'd find her a lot less amusing if she wasn't doing this to someone who regularly molests people herself.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Three Stooges energy

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

"Bad breath!?"
Don't ruin the manga for me...
I can't look at the kisses of Yomotsuka and Itsumi in the same way ever again... ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I like the glasses girl. I don't think molesting someone is worse than drugging them and then molesting them, and I already like Itsumi. I think I'd find her a lot less amusing if she wasn't doing this to someone who regularly molests people herself.

Oi oi oi, Itsumi is the one who gets molested, and when she isn't it's because she is being forced by someone to molest them

9595188_2_45
joined Aug 16, 2021

"Bad breath!?"
Don't ruin the manga for me...
I can't look at the kisses of Yomotsuka and Itsumi in the same way ever again... ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)

I'm so sorry for your loss...

joined Oct 22, 2021

This chapter was like some kind of perverted Looney Tunes

Are you saying this is boomer yuri?

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

Dude, her friend? Omg. I get birds of a feather and all that. Both of em are selfserving assholes but Itsumi's scumbagerry is more innocent and endearing so it makes her likeable. Her friend on the other hand? This chapter really highlights how low glasses girl will sink to get what she wants. I was disgusted but one weirdo won't stop me from reading. Glad this is being updated

last edited at Feb 20, 2023 10:42PM

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

I wonder what would make the previous scanlator feel like the story "went to shit." I've got the rest of volume 3, and nothing in it seems out of line with what it's been doing all this time. Really glad someones picked this back up

Okay my copy of volume 4 arrived and I can totally see why the scanlator would drop the series. I hope that was a one time thing, because that's not what I signed up for.

Don't tease us like that, spoiler tag and dump the deets

What happens in it?

I didn't notice that people asked about what happens after volume 3 and why the previous scanlator dropped it, so if it's alright to spoil some things to come.

Volume 4 is almost entirely a battle manga. I'm not joking, these are spoilers for the chapters that haven't been translated yet, there's another group of characters who are all yuri, and for some reason or another, our MC and some of the girls she's gotten yuri with end up in a volume long showdown with them. Fights are had, fists are flown, and someone even gets hit by a car. It's a full on battle manga, and I don't think a lot of people read this wanting to see that.

I could go into it more, but I was just really confused by the direction it went, so I tried to stop thinking about it.

last edited at Feb 21, 2023 3:52AM

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

Everyone on this is a horrible person. That's the joke.

I think that is not quite true. Most of the "victims"/heroines are actually decent people who just lose their common sense when they get drugged. The only truly unreasonable ones are Itsumi, Ruruka and Kuroshiro (incidentally all in this same chapter).

I agree I can't stand glasses girl. I mean this whole series is basically kinda rapey since she's drugging them with love potions... But I mean straight up what she did after the skirt lift was huge yikes. Yeah I don't think I'd be friends with her anymore after that.

It is especially damning if we consider that Yomotsuka has already showed how it should be done. Despite obviously being rapey when drugged, while she was not under any influence she just straightforwardly pursued Itsumi and made very honest deals with her and ultimately asked for consent when it came to having sex. It is hard to go back to scumback tactics after having such an amazing lover.

I would have to agree that Itsumi by all means gets her fair share of bad karma for her actions (let us not forget that this entire chapter's premise is her wishing to punish a man who got dragged into her schemes without having any idea what is going on and takes it up the butt like a champ apparently). One of the main writing techniques applied to this manga is dramatic comeuppance or irony. Itsumi does something scummy and it backfires on her.

The reason why this time it does not feel right is most likely that the karmic retribution generally tends to come without such intent or at least from the person who was wronged. Ruruka actively pushing Itsumi and molesting her against her will feels simply predatory and scummy even though she has no karmic reason to deserve payback. In fact all the chapters focused on her tend to reverse the roles and make her the scumback that gets her comeuppance.

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

Many thank the team who pick this up. The next chapter along with chapter 10 are the best in this series IMO so really looking forward to it.

Volume 4 is almost entirely a battle manga. I'm not joking, these are spoilers for the chapters that haven't been translated yet, there's another group of characters who are all yuri, and for some reason or another, our MC and some of the girls she's gotten yuri with end up in a volume long showdown with them. Fights are had, fists are flown, and someone even gets hit by a car. It's a full on battle manga, and I don't think a lot of people read this wanting to see that.

I read the raw a long time ago and I agree those chapters aren't really as funny as the previous ones, but they aren't particularly bad either. I guess Mochi want to change the direction a bit so it's not repetitive but I would prefer to have some progressions on the story with the characters instead of changing it into an action manga

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

Many thank the team who pick this up. The next chapter along with chapter 10 are the best in this series IMO so really looking forward to it.

I read the raw a long time ago and I agree those chapters aren't really as funny as the previous ones, but they aren't particularly bad either. I guess Mochi want to change the direction a bit so it's not repetitive but I would prefer to have some progressions on the story with the characters instead of changing it into an action manga

I just think that it's so different and bizarre. Since it's spanning the entirety of volume 4 (making it 25% of the whole series at this point), I have no idea who it was for. Who came into this series about a dumb girl with a love potion, falling into yuri situations, and wanted to see those girls fight.

Will volume 5 be more of what brought me into the manga, or will volume 4 just be the standard for what the rest of the manga is about? I have no idea, but I wouldn't blame people if they stopped reading it at all.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Heard the original translator dropped because they didn't like it anymore and I can see a definite change in the manga but I am fine with it and I like this gag chapter.

Many thanks for translating it.

Pfp%20copy
joined Dec 10, 2022

This chapter feels so weird in so many ways... On top of the obvious shitty behavior from the glasses girl, I wonder if any of this was necessary?

Like, I'm okay with filler chapters but this felt more like a pointless one

Noodvatar100
joined Apr 13, 2021

Yeah, not my cup of tea anymore. It was silly at the beginning now it's straight up sexual assault with no punchline.

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

That ponytail looks pretty on her :3

Anyways Ruruka thirsty asf what the heck

asteriskybusiness
Furude
joined Jan 8, 2023

With regards to Volume 4, despite the yuri theme this is fundamentally a gag manga, and you're lucky if those stay on the rails even half the time.

Compare with something like Stop! Hibari-Kun! which had a really great core premise and cast and instead spent most of its time goofing off and making jokes about commercials that happened to be on television at the time (with a heavy helping of racist caricature on the side).

I like the temporary genre break, it was a great opportunity to celebrate the characters and the fun of the series before going back to the usual shenanigans.

joined May 28, 2020

With regards to Volume 4, despite the yuri theme this is fundamentally a gag manga, and you're lucky if those stay on the rails even half the time.

Compare with something like Stop! Hibari-Kun! which had a really great core premise and cast and instead spent most of its time goofing off and making jokes about commercials that happened to be on television at the time (with a heavy helping of racist caricature on the side).

I like the temporary genre break, it was a great opportunity to celebrate the characters and the fun of the series before going back to the usual shenanigans.

I think it was a bit early for it to go that off the rails that quickly. Most of the characters barely feel established after all. But if people keep liking the series despite the change, then that's fine.

joined Apr 28, 2016

Now that the arc is translated I would say it was fine, though I can see how if one wants more of the initial formula multiple chapters of this might be disappointing.

Also about the chapter after it: Geez she doesn't even pretend she is "not into yuri" anymore does she? If the translation is correct she outright admits she has a thing for her and that is some heavy fooling around.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Also about the chapter after it: Geez she doesn't even pretend she is "not into yuri" anymore does she? If the translation is correct she outright admits she has a thing for her and that is some heavy fooling around.

To be fair, Yanagi's attractiveness transcends sexuality.

That said... yeah, our girl's got the big gay.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I liked volume 4...
If it was just our girl tripping and falling into lesbian sex all the time it'd get stale fast

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Chapter 25
Kind of an incredible gag-less chapter. I was rooting for the President for a lot of this manga, but Hanei chapters have this sense of comfort between them that's so nice. Their chemistry is obviously good, but also they communicate so well, it's kind of shocking. Most yuri manga characters could learn from the communication in this chapter.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

This series has been better and better since chapter 14, and volume 4 is just incredible. It obviously doesn't have the polish of a Sh**nen J*mp title, but it's action packed and really fun. We can never have enough lesbians punching stuff or each other in Yuri.

Normally I tend to dislike harems, but the setup here gets played with enough where it starts to look more like a love polygon instead (a relationship chart would be a tangled mess rather than just a star). Mochi understands that playing the harem straight (heh) would just be a waste of potential.

To reply you must either login or sign up.