Forum › A Yuri Story About a Girl Who Insists "It's Impossible for Two Girls to Get Together" Completely Falling Within 100 Days discussion

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

Im pretty sure it would actually be illegal. Despite the common misconception that Japans age of consent was 13 with no further limitations, there are actually a bunch of laws in place (also varying across prefectures as far as i know) that prohibit different sexual encounters that this might well fall under. In general i think alot of ppl would consider someone in their (probably?) late 20s having a threesome with a 15 and 16 yo to be problematic to say the least.

Oh, I'm not denying any of that. But at the same time, it's right there around the legal line in the civilized world where it's usually around 14-16, and exactly at the time most young people actually start having sex (saw a study in the newspaper just last week that put it mostly at 14 years of age). Not saying I approve of Karen doing what she's doing, but it's not nearly as horrible as the initial comments made it sound, either.

Yes, most people start having sex in that age, but not with 20 year people. I see it gross.

You're not wrong to feel this way, really. Then again, it's easy for straight kids to find a partner, but where's a queer kid to go when the prevailing opinion surrounding them is still rather hostile? Finding someone in a bar like this may not be the smartest idea, but one might not be able to think of better choices either.

And I feel the first comment appropriate, to be honest.

On the other hand, we did learn that Astarotte was the one coming on to Karen, not Karen herself going after minors left and right as the first spoilers claimed. However one feels about Karen not turning down anyone who comes to her, calling her a predator goes too far when you consider these revelations.

I think it doesn't matter if the kid can't get a girlfriend and goes to the bar, or if the kid goes for Karen first. If I had a 13 years old girl trying to do whatever with me, I wouldn't do NOTHING (?!). The adult should stop it. And I don't think it's difficult to not do something with a kid, for god, it's a kid. If an adult finds difficult to stop a kid approaching them like that, I would... Go to therapy.

joined Jan 23, 2023

Good news girls! Marika is confirmed trans in an unofficial scan page made by one of the translators

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Im pretty sure it would actually be illegal. Despite the common misconception that Japans age of consent was 13 with no further limitations, there are actually a bunch of laws in place (also varying across prefectures as far as i know) that prohibit different sexual encounters that this might well fall under. In general i think alot of ppl would consider someone in their (probably?) late 20s having a threesome with a 15 and 16 yo to be problematic to say the least.

Oh, I'm not denying any of that. But at the same time, it's right there around the legal line in the civilized world where it's usually around 14-16, and exactly at the time most young people actually start having sex (saw a study in the newspaper just last week that put it mostly at 14 years of age). Not saying I approve of Karen doing what she's doing, but it's not nearly as horrible as the initial comments made it sound, either.

Yes, most people start having sex in that age, but not with 20 year people. I see it gross.

You're not wrong to feel this way, really. Then again, it's easy for straight kids to find a partner, but where's a queer kid to go when the prevailing opinion surrounding them is still rather hostile? Finding someone in a bar like this may not be the smartest idea, but one might not be able to think of better choices either.

And I feel the first comment appropriate, to be honest.

On the other hand, we did learn that Astarotte was the one coming on to Karen, not Karen herself going after minors left and right as the first spoilers claimed. However one feels about Karen not turning down anyone who comes to her, calling her a predator goes too far when you consider these revelations.

I think it doesn't matter if the kid can't get a girlfriend and goes to the bar, or if the kid goes for Karen first. If I had a 13 years old girl trying to do whatever with me, I wouldn't do NOTHING (?!). The adult should stop it. And I don't think it's difficult to not do something with a kid, for god, it's a kid. If an adult finds difficult to stop a kid approaching them like that, I would... Go to therapy.

And this is exactly the point. The problem is not that Karen is going after kids, which she actually isn't. The problem is that she can't say no to anyone.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Good news girls! Marika is confirmed trans in an unofficial scan page made by one of the translators

What are you talking about ?

joined Jul 11, 2022

What are you talking about ?

Just a joke the scanlators made on one of their credit pages.

TheLubeTube Uploader
Lesbianfiction!
Me-A Scans
joined Jul 27, 2018

it came to me in a dream

joined Oct 2, 2021

A wet dream

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I can't believe I have to read the same mildly funny conversation both over in the Discord server and here in the forums lol

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

I love this manga.

Screenshot_20220816-234512_mangazone
joined Sep 9, 2019

Nah, I can assure you that the novel (the first one at least) is just as bad. The adaptation was actually quite faithful, the source material itself is the problem. I honestly find it sad that stories like this get adapted to multiple media, when there are much better writers with much more compelling and funny and sexy stories out there.

Damn, that's sad to hear. I was thinking of reading the LN as well, albeit I procrastinate in reading a lot of other stuff. But oh well.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Those... Those Perverts! They h h h had ss segs TWICE t t that evening!!!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

What the hell are you talking about in the last few pages Marika? I’m legit confused by her logic lmao, glad she still maintains that competitive spirit atleast.

She's in the zone mate, she's both being competitive and flirty at the same time

She's basically saying "if you want to have beaten me then you have to make fall so deeply on love with you that I'll lay sleepless at night thinking of you"

joined Jan 31, 2020

I've gotta ask, what's the LN/web novel like past this point? Is there much more drama, do either Aya or Marika ever have sex with some one else, or is it mostly just smut of the two of them?

I don't mind a full spoiler reply I need to know if I am going to hate reading this or not.

Alright spoilers incoming. I'll use spoiler brackets for actual events but themes are just going to be out in the open.
Keep in mind that the manga is a somewhat streamlined story, the events are pretty much just the first and half the second books but thematically Marika's whole journey is in just that small chunk, the books spread it out more.

Vol 1 is about Marika realising that she likes Aya. Its chief antagonist is Asta, who is Marika's foil as someone who has already embraced her sexuality and doesn't see a problem with standing out.

Vol 2 is about Marika embracing Aya as her girlfriend and getting to know more about her. Its chief antagonist is Sae the girl who tried to stab Aya in middle school, she is Aya's foil in that she used her trauma as an excuse to stop moving forward rather than rebuilding herself.

Vol 3 is about Marika struggling with her internalised shame about dating someone of the same gender, she's still not there folks. Its chief antagonist is Reina who discovers Marika and Aya are going out, she functions as a kind of nega!Marika, someone who uses her popularity for evil and has not grown out of her homophobic beliefs.

Vol 4 is about Marika bonding with other queer girls and finding community outside of weird sex stuff with Aya. Its chief antagonist (not really) is Natsumi who gets rejected at the end, exposing Marika to a different way to be queer. Vol 4 is really special because of how much it grounds Marika's sense of queerness. A lot of stuff happens in this one despite it feeling like a filler episode.

Vol 5 is about Marika placing herself within the queer community and thinking about the future of her relationship. Its chief antagonist is Karen whose backstory we finally get as she leaves town for a week to chase the woman she fell in love with fresh out of high school. Marika has to grapple with her relationship to Aya not being uniquely special and therefore subject to all the regular struggles a relationship goes through. Nevertheless she comes out publicly at the end. I cried.

Vol 6 I haven't read yet but I'm looking forward to it! These crazy kids are still in love and still not quite done stepping on each other, I love reading about them.

i just read volume 2 of the novel, but i cant find later volumes translated, where have you guys read it? did yall read it in the original japanesse?

joined Jan 31, 2020

ok, so for those who want to read the light novel starting from vol 3 onward... youre gonna need to either torent the tl, or use wayback machine. Basically: the LN translator decided to focus on school and getting a scholarship, so he archived the TL as to not get distracted, and will resume it once he has more time on his hand

Speaking of the Light Novel: its actually pretty good, give it a read

joined Jul 11, 2022

i just read volume 2 of the novel, but i cant find later volumes translated, where have you guys read it? did yall read it in the original japanesse?

To add to the above reply, translations only go up to the very beginning of vol. 4. Everyone who read past that read it in Japanese.

SchroCatDinger
Takodachi_slime_bocchi_by_walkman0_dg1rfr9-pre
joined Feb 18, 2021

After rereading, I think the rapey part is not as bad as people make it out to be, sure it feels like Marika was forced to have sex, but I think she has every change to just stop it and leave, instead she just keeps coming back. Once you get pass that, it's actually really sweet.

The thing with Karen is inexcusable tho.

TheLubeTube Uploader
Lesbianfiction!
Me-A Scans
joined Jul 27, 2018

April Fools

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Is the short story the joke?

joined Sep 5, 2018

Is the short story the joke?

No, the joke is the April Fools' tag on April Fools’ day, despite it not being an April Fools’ release.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ I guess it depends on timezone. where I live, it is

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Lovely. ^_^

More so than I would have ever expected from this series.

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

That's the most tasteless confession that I've read so far.

To reply you must either login or sign up.