Forum › 2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock discussion

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

I wish I knew Japanese exclusively to be able to read Louko's dialogue in jp

Hello
joined Feb 7, 2013

HEARTBEAT TWICE MEANS LOVE RIGHT? Legit though im excited for more!!!!!!!!

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Kaede totally got what Nanami's confession meant but she feigned ignorance bc she's not ready to face it yet bc unlike Koyuki's confession, Nanami's actually made her kokoro go doki doki and she has to hash all that out before she feels ready to reply to her.
At least that's my take on the whole thing

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

progress? i think?

and louko continues to be the real star of this manga, she is so precious

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

Ahhh hyped-up-hardworking-work-person is just the best, I hope she has the happiest life, just the best. Ah, the bad thing she predicted is probably her crush leaving, ahhhh, don't let it get you down, you're amazing

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

Louko is too good for this world, I hope she gets together with that kouhai from that sequel spinoff thing.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Kaede totally got what Nanami's confession meant but she feigned ignorance bc she's not ready to face it yet bc unlike Koyuki's confession, Nanami's actually made her kokoro go doki doki and she has to hash all that out before she feels ready to reply to her.

There are two ways I could see this going, The first is the heartwarming scenario you just described which is the one I am personally rooting for.

The second possibility is that she misunderstood the intention behind Nanami's confession as platonic in nature, but hearing those words out of her mouth still made her heart do a backflip which she hid because she didn't want to make things awkward by getting all visibly flustered over what she believed was intended to be a declaration of deep friendship rather than romantic interest.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

There are two ways I could see this going, The first is the heartwarming scenario you just described which is the one I am personally rooting for.

The second possibility is that she misunderstood the intention behind Nanami's confession as platonic in nature, but hearing those words out of her mouth still made her heart do a backflip which she hid because she didn't want to make things awkward by getting all visibly flustered over what she believed was intended to be a declaration of deep friendship rather than romantic interest.

True true. Either way it achieved the important thing, making Kaede conscious of Nanami in a romantic sense~ Still 3 volumes left, so i'm sure there's plenty to go down- and then uphill from here xD

joined Jul 4, 2022

That's .. not the worst reaction.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Priorities.

That was a lot of bad omens...

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I think it's pretty clear from the end there that she understood the intention and played dumb because she wasn't ready to face the implications for whatever reason.

Personally, I hope they keep the pattern going, and introduce a new character who falls in love with Kaede that doesn't have a chance, but who sparks Kaede realizing her feelings for Nanami. It's basically the theme at this point, they might as well lean into it.

(Edit: Conservation of Lesbian Momentum?)

last edited at Jan 31, 2023 12:53PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Luoko just went from simply "precious" to "living national treasure".

Also, some progress happened between the main couple.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

No one is rooting for Koyuki's happiness so I'll do that.... I hope she gets her happy ending too.

joined Jun 30, 2017

Am I missing something? Louko said spilling her latte on her reports is hours of work sent down the drain, but no, surely she can just print them out again. I know Japanese corporations expect you to handwrite your CV and cover letters like in the 17th century, but surely not your work reports?

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Poor Nanami is so in her head she's slowly going insane by the looks of it. And Kae is just as oblivious as always.

And I also want Koyuki to have her happy ending as well I've always liked her character. This series is what eight total volumes?(I think that's what mangadex said last time I looked). Hopefully someone comes along to charm her and maker her happy still have plenty of time.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Poor Nanami is so in her head she's slowly going insane by the looks of it. And Kae is just as oblivious as always.

And I also want Koyuki to have her happy ending as well I've always liked her character. This series is what eight total volumes?(I think that's what mangadex said last time I looked). Hopefully someone comes along to charm her and maker her happy still have plenty of time.

I actually don't think Kae is oblivious anymore. The ending to the last chapter seems to suggest that Kae knows what's happening but is avoiding the subject (for unrevealed reasons). She likely knows what Nanami was hinting at in their convo about Koyuki as well.

last edited at Feb 2, 2023 12:47AM

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Seriously, who would not fall in love with this woman?
I just don't understand why she picked Kaede, of all people. At least Kaede is making some improvements.

joined May 3, 2014

Seriously, who would not fall in love with this woman?
I just don't understand why she picked Kaede, of all people. At least Kaede is making some improvements.

I don’t understand your comment at all ???? it’s my english language that bad that I read your comment like you are contradicting yourself

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh, Koyuki, she knows. That's exactly why she's been behaving like this lately. ;)

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

No one is rooting for Koyuki's happiness so I'll do that.... I hope she gets her happy ending too.

Yeah, I just want her and Louko to get their happily ever after too

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I actually don't think Kae is oblivious anymore. The ending to the last chapter seems to suggest that Kae knows what's happening but is avoiding the subject (for unrevealed reasons). She likely knows what Nanami was hinting at in their convo about Koyuki as well.

I think one reason is pretty transparent from this chapter: Kaede does not see Nanami as her equal (nor vice versa, if we are entirely honest) and has internalized the notion that she has to earn Nanami's love before she may reciprocate.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I think one reason is pretty transparent from this chapter: Kaede does not see Nanami as her equal (nor vice versa, if we are entirely honest) and has internalized the notion that she has to earn Nanami's love before she may reciprocate.

Yeah, that's possible too but a few chapters ago (ch.17) Kae describes dating relationships as being troublesome and talks about how she'd like to avoid them (as they've caused issues in the past). In that scene she says she cherishes her friendships now and is content with that. This scene comes after Koyuki confesses to Kae (and Kae was talking with Nanami on the balcony). So I imagine Kae's past relationship experience is more what's making her worry and want to run from something that she likely assumes will end in the ruining of her present life with Nanami.

last edited at Feb 2, 2023 12:55PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Oh, Koyuki, she knows. That's exactly why she's been behaving like this lately. ;)

I suspect she knows that Nanami knows. This is a shot across the bow.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Now that was a nice little talk.

And looks like we're about to find out about Kae-chan's past next.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

So does she stupidly contact Aoi bring her back into her life and Aoi confesses that she loved her for real and figured nothing would come of it and that's the reason she left?

To reply you must either login or sign up.