Forum › Citrus + discussion

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

^Hahaha! You made me think of that old sitcom with the robot kid. Data was more emotive than poor Mei; "fully functional," too.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

I would just like to remind anyone who’s wondering why Mei acts so disinterested in sex that she was in a sexually abusive engagement with Amemiya for who knows how long and subsequently took that abuse out on the person she now loves. She probably still doesn’t associate sex with… good things.

Or that could just be my copium headcanon lol

last edited at Jan 18, 2023 4:54PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I would just like to remind anyone who’s wondering why Mei acts so disinterested in sex that she was in a sexually abusive engagement with Amemiya for who knows how long and subsequently took that abuse out on the person she now loves. She probably still doesn’t associate sex with… good things.

Which indeed it is. There is absolutely zero textual evidence that Mei has ever had sex, let alone was abused multiple times by Amemiya. We do know for sure that he subjected her to an unwelcome semi-public kiss.

A number of readers have attempted to explain Saburouta’s clumsy and inconsistent characterization by pretending to get inside Mei’s head. If the author wanted to indicate such a motivation for Mei’s current behavior as opposed to the explicit explanations we have been given, she has had ample opportunity to do so.

last edited at Jan 19, 2023 9:01AM

joined Jan 6, 2022

I feel like a lot of people here need to realise that there's a lot more to a relationship than sex...

How many people have to say “it’s not about sex—it’s about acting like something resembling a normal couple” to convince you that that people actually do realize that there’s more to a relationship than sex? I count three such comments on this page alone. , , ,

I'll stop saying it when half of the comments about the new chapters aren't something along the lines of "Why haven't they fucked yet they're teenagers that's what they're supposed to do"

joined Jan 6, 2022

I feel like a lot of people here need to realise that there's a lot more to a relationship than sex...

But when the relationship started with a good degree of sexuality, and they're supposedly horny teenagers who literally share a bed...

Are they supposed to be "horny teenagers" though why can't they just be teenagers in love? Not every teenager is horny and not everyone is a sexually active as eachother, yes yuzu clearly wants to get laid but it's also pretty obvious that mei is still getting her head around actually being in love and supporting someone instead of just using love as a way of getting what she needs like the in early chapters. Also really is them sharing a bed meant to be some kind of gotcha? Loads of people share a bed with the same or opposite sex and don't have intercourse, that's really a nothing point.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

But when the relationship started with a good degree of sexuality, and they're supposedly horny teenagers who literally share a bed...

Are they supposed to be "horny teenagers" though why can't they just be teenagers in love? Not every teenager is horny and not everyone is a sexually active as eachother, yes yuzu clearly wants to get laid but it's also pretty obvious that mei is still getting her head around actually being in love and supporting someone instead of just using love as a way of getting what she needs like the in early chapters. Also really is them sharing a bed meant to be some kind of gotcha? Loads of people share a bed with the same or opposite sex and don't have intercourse, that's really a nothing point.

You keep hammering on about “intercourse,” and sure, lots of people (including the translators themselves) have made “Yuzu will never get laid” jokes, (because the series has been running for a decade and it’s beginning to look like Yuzu will never get laid,) but the fact is that they’re not just a couple of random “teenagers in love,” they’re two people who live together and are engaged to be married, yet they can’t even sit on the sofa and hold hands without Mei interposing a teddy bear in between the two of them.

This “you people just want to see sex” nonsense was past its sell-by several years ago.

joined Dec 17, 2022

the debate is tiring. after 5 published volumes of citrus+ that each draw their conclusions. in my case it has nothing to do with seeing yuzu and MEI "fuck", it has more to do with seeing yuzu And MEI act as an 18-year-old couple, who are engaged, living together, and in love. If anyone thinks it's a breakthrough that yuzu spent her birthday with harumin instead of MEI,I don't know, or that it was matsuri who chose yuzu's gift, it seems fine to me, but I don't see it as progress. and to justify that apathy of MEI with which he suffered abuse from amamiya, is to make up the story, at no time has sabu said anything about something as important as that would be. he concluded, I think for Savoruota all this about MEI and yuzu amuses him, and he plays with the reader, the same as with harumin and matsuri, as in this special chapter, but it is time to stop playing games, because on the one hand Fandom is already tired. Regards

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Idk no matter what y’all say I still love this manga. Seeing my favorite cast of characters in all of yuri doing anything in any capacity always brings a smile to my face~

joined Dec 17, 2022

Idk no matter what y’all say I still love this manga. Seeing my favorite cast of characters in all of yuri doing anything in any capacity always brings a smile to my face~

Let it be clear that it is my personal opinion, I also love reading that there are people who are very happy with citrus+. regards

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Hope you enjoy this extra Volume 5 bonus!

Guest Artists Featured:
Miman (Yuri Is My Job!)
Iwami Kiyoko (Luminous=Blue, My Girlfriend's Not Here Today)
Mukunoki Nanatsu (Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!)
Kashikaze (Can't Defy the Lonely Girl)
tsuke (Please Spoil Me, Hinamori-san!)
Takeshima Eku (Whispering You a Love Song)
Yuama (Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata)
Orihi Chihiro (Chasing Spica)
Utatane Yuu (The Skirt Sings at the Landing)
Manio (Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii)
Usui Shio (Crescent Moon and Doughnuts, Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend)

last edited at Jan 20, 2023 9:27AM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Harumin is definitely popular with the other artists. Can't say I blame them :O

joined Jun 1, 2016

it's crazy I that immediately recognize someone artstyle

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Matsuri not so subtly hitting on Harumin never gets old.

joined Dec 17, 2022

Matsuri not so subtly hitting on Harumin never gets old.

harumatsu fans will be happy. but will something sabu develop between harumin and matsuri or we will just have this kind of conversation between the two for years without coming to anything. seeing how the development of the main couple leads ,We will know in another 10 years XD

last edited at Jan 20, 2023 1:28PM

joined Jan 6, 2022

Harumastuuuu!! Please let this mean there's gonna be more of them in the next volume

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

There is going to be so much (more) great tension and teasing if/when Harumin and Matsuri get together.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Blastaar posted:

Which indeed it is. There is absolutely zero textual evidence that Mei has ever had sex, let alone was abused multiple times by Amemiya. We do know for sure that he subjected her to an unwelcome semi-public kiss.

But there IS Evidence, as ShoujoCent said, you can see it on the very first chapter, according to my interpretation.... That kiss with the teacher was fucking awful, so when Yuzu was teasing her about enjoying the thrill of it, Mei forcefully kissed her, so Yuzu could understand how bad it feels... But as we all know, it had the opposite effect on Yuzu (and perhaps it was different for Mei too compared to the teacher of course).

But I truly believe that back then, for Mei, there was nothing good about kissing and love... Also I don't believe she and the teacher slept together ever once, but maybe it wasn't the first forced thing he did.

Also yaaaaaaaayyy our Yearly dose of Harumatsu!! see ya all next year for their next interaction xD

last edited at Jan 20, 2023 1:44PM

joined Dec 17, 2022

There is going to be so much (more) great tension and teasing if/when Harumin and Matsuri get together.

hahahaha, you don't like harumatsu? honestly At this point, the interaction between Harumin and Matsuri seems more interesting than the main couple, and The interaction in this chapter demonstrates it.

last edited at Jan 20, 2023 2:02PM

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

hahahaha, you don't like harumatsu? honestly At this point, the interaction between Harumin and Matsuri seems more interesting than the main couple, and The interaction in this chapter demonstrates it.

Oh, they are my favourite pairing by far. I think it would be very fun to see Matsuri slowly win her over.

joined Dec 17, 2022

Oh, they are my favourite pairing by far. I think it would be very fun to see Matsuri slowly win her over.

My apologies, I am not a native English speaker and I misunderstood. Google translate XD Honestly, At first I didn't care if there was harumatsu or not, but at this point, I find Harumin and Matsuri more interesting in some points than the main couple, and if Sabu developed it well, I could give a lot of play in this story. What I don't know is if harumatsu is a game for saboruota, or if he intends to develop it. Regards

last edited at Jan 20, 2023 2:59PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Interesting how Sabu admits in vol 5 afterword wanting to draw a lot more stuff but not having enough time to do it. I wonder what keeps her so busy.

I also wonder what exactly is lesson 48 about to get such a reaction from Yuzu.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Blastaar posted:

But there IS Evidence, as ShoujoCent said, you can see it on the very first chapter, according to my interpretation....

That kiss is not "evidence" of anything but itself. We know that happened. It was bad. It certainly could have influenced Mei's behavior towards Yuzu. But it is certainly not evidence that Mei's present behavior can be explained by chronic sexual abuse.

Readers are free to make up any kind of explanation that they want for anything at all--that's the nature of headcanon, so knock yourself out. But there is no textual evidence that Mei has ever had sex. Maybe someday there will be. But there isn't now.

joined Apr 6, 2013

hahaha 10 years? such a funny joke! hahahah

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

A number of readers have attempted to explain Saburouta’s clumsy and inconsistent characterization by pretending to get inside Mei’s head. If the author wanted to indicate such a motivation for Mei’s current behavior as opposed to the explicit explanations we have been given, she has had ample opportunity to do so.

while i cant exactly defend saburouta's clumsy inconsistent characterization AT TIMES, if you go back and really read the first volume its pretty apparent through mei's behavior towards yuzu that she has been through some shit. the way mei throws herself all over yuzu and completely disregards her boundaries is reason enough to believe that sleezy teacher not only took advantage over her but also completely butchered her perception of what a healthy, consensual relationship is. whether this is just readers head cannons or subtext is unclear as we don't have explicit confirmation BUT its still worth noting. also, citrus is a drama but its also a cute romance as well so the author's reluctance to delve into explicit sexual assault is more than understandable.

last edited at Jan 20, 2023 7:07PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.