Words to live by

sanshouowo Uploader
Output-onlinepngtools(4)
Homusaki Shikibu
joined Jul 10, 2021

futari escaped :)

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

"Taguchi-sen said that he intended this series to be a yuri work, but since it was run in Yuri Hime and primarily meant to be a comedy, he didn't feel the need to spell things out."

See that's what i thought.

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Before I read this last chapter, just want to say this manga has been a blast. So refreshing and fun, and I also love the tidbits of real life places added in. There is just something really comforting about this series, and we don't even know the protagonists names. Thank you, knight heron! I'll miss this!

Edit after reading:
That "no" to the stay at home wife comment hurt so badly ahaha... ha... But the author has confirmed it was yuri, so yuri it is! That was a nice ending, and I look forward to the bonus chapter, any future content with these two, and my English copy of the first volume arriving this week so I can relive it from the beginning.

last edited at Jan 2, 2023 12:38AM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

futari escaped :)

Futari also escaped the confession with a witty remark
Pain peko :'(

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Im gonna take Senpai's "I wouldn't want to make things too easy for you!" to mean that she will, but just not yet. It's funny that I only started this series 3 days ago because I saw chapter 31's first page by accident and it made me curious about it. And of course, the moment I caught up, it's already ending. Well, nevertheless, I enjoyed it and I hope to see more into their lives from future doujin

sanshouowo Uploader
Output-onlinepngtools(4)
Homusaki Shikibu
joined Jul 10, 2021

"Taguchi-sen said that he intended this series to be a yuri work, but since it was run in Yuri Hime and primarily meant to be a comedy, he didn't feel the need to spell things out."

See that's what i thought.

gay by association

B51a65b0-2120-4fab-98bf-9c606570e8cb
joined Dec 4, 2021

I think the fact that this is undoubtedly Yuri makes the “subtext” tag not really fit right with this series. Just cause a series doesn’t have dramatic confessions of love or people making out doesn’t mean there isn’t a relationship there.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I think the fact that this is undoubtedly Yuri makes the “subtext” tag not really fit right with this series. Just cause a series doesn’t have dramatic confessions of love or people making out doesn’t mean there isn’t a relationship there.

A counterpoint, just because there is a relationship there, it doesn't mean it's a yuri manga :P This seems to melike a perfect example of what this tag is for - the relationship is not spelled out to be romantic and you have to imply/deduce it, so that's as subtext as it gets.

joined Sep 13, 2018

the author said something like "if you can't see yuri in every relationship then you are not a truly yuri fan" saying this couple had to be subtle.
Too bad the series is over , i need to read ch26 every now and then since its the best thing ever.

joined May 1, 2015

Strange chapter to end things on, but that is alright.
They did layed into each other based on the colored pages, but I wanted to know their names.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I never had an issue with this being subtext and all that, I just wish there were a bit more cute and/or cozy scenes with those two.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

YESSSS One last bonus escape! thank youuuuuu
And I'm glad the author won't just leave them behind and maybe draw them again once in a while, that's the best ending anyone could ask for.

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Hell yeah, more of these two dorks, and an upcoming new series on Jump+? Good times.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I never had an issue with this being subtext and all that, I just wish there were a bit more cute and/or cozy scenes with those two.

Yeah I definitely would have liked more cute/cozy scenes with these two, and while I can live with subtext I would pay good money for even just 1 adorable kiss with these two haha

That aside the series was fluffy and nice, character designs and general art were also lovely.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Love seeing more of these two adorkable idiots.
Maybe one day Author-san will just say fcuk it and give us a lovely Dovey escape.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

the relationship is not spelled out to be romantic and you have to imply/deduce it, so that's as subtext as it gets.

That's the reasoning for why the tag was originally placed, that it quite literally matches the definition of what subtext is. That the relationship is intentionally not spelled out within the story.

Tags are also in place so that people can find stories. If someone is looking for subtext stories, this series should come up in a search because it's what they would be looking for. Maybe it should just have both tags? Because of how externally explicit this one is, the tags aren't necessarily mutually exclusive here. The same could probably be said for a number of works that match common definitions of yuri/GL where the relationships in question are implicit.

last edited at Mar 27, 2023 1:50AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

AYO WHAT! New manga ?? WITH VAMPIRES? LETS FREAKING GO
Raw https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/4856001361094389428
OFFFICIAL ENGLISH FREE https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1016131

last edited at Mar 31, 2023 12:07PM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Yay, we may get more tidbits!

joined Jun 9, 2022

I was so incredibly sad when I heard the serialization is ending that I put off reading the last volume because I don't want it to end. But I heard the author is selling a new publication as a doujin at comitia today so today I finally decided to read until the end. Dude, this is one of the yuriest work among all the yuri out there...

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I remembered the "A well-trained yuri reader should be able to see yuri in any relationship." quote and i have to ask, can anybody show me the source where Sensei said this? for posterity

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I on the other hand am so elevated as a yuri reader that I know that playing strip hanafuda on a holiday is just what any pair of girls who are roomates would do. "Subtext". Bah. [garth_marenghi_subtext.jpg]!()

To reply you must either login or sign up.