Forum › Citrus + discussion

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

i wonder if we'll ever get an arc about Sara and Nina being like "oh shit, maybe we too can be just like Yuzu and Mei :0" bc, Sara being into Mei aside, it always felt like that'd be the endgame for them as well.

I hope we get to see that, one can dream~

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Too bad we'll have to wait for a bit to see the finished version but this was a good chapter overall. It puts a nice bow on an iffy arc (at best) and gives Yuzu some resolution. It's always fun seeing Mei taking an active part in supporting her too, even if she had her typical Mei-bot facial expression all the way :⁠-⁠P

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That did not go as expected at all - and all the better for it.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

While I did enjoy this finale, I think it could’ve been a little better written on Kana’s part. I guess you could argue their initial “homophobia” wasn’t that but more an aversion to PDA since that’s kinda taboo in Japan already.

But since that’s kinda what we were running with for awhile, I think it would’ve been a lot more powerful if Saburouta took a page from FukaBoku and had Kana say something along the lines of…

“I don’t really understand that kinda stuff yet, but if you’re happy I can keep an open mind! Who you love won’t undo all the years we’ve been friends, Yuzu.”

And now finally another come out and is not even finished. Someone can explain to me whant happened with the author?

She's done this couple times before and honestly I'm okay with it since I rather mangaka not destroy their health over meeting deadlines. They get fixed in the volume releases and it doesn't happen very often anyway (this was also a rare double chapter release).

Am glad to see that there's some people who understands that be a mangaka is not easy job.

Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

to be honest, i even like that this is only a draft. so the chapter has at least something interesting, since there wasn't much of (story) development.
and it's also better this way than to much stress, which could then lead to health problems and even hiatus.
anyway, i like it when you once in a while see sketches, or the artist's workflow ;o)

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Somebody definitely needed to hit a deadline lol. Mei still looks incredible on that first page though. I'm still not sure where the Manami and Kana story is going.

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

yknow what, this bein a sketch is fine. glad saburouta didn't crunch just for a deadline

i was expecting a big ass misunderstanding, so 10/10 for subversion of expectations. cute

joined Dec 28, 2021

Yo aren't the foreheads getting bigger? Lol

I left the + since it was still on going, and now when I finally came back I found this Lmao

joined Nov 22, 2019

While not a bad chapter and i always love it when Harumin is the focus, the whole talk they had felt a lil too much like the author was writing directly to the reader instead of through the characters' stories. Like it felt too info dumpy and like a lecture if that makes sense lol.

That sense was reinforced for me by what seemed like a lot of pretty random framing once Kana and Harumin sat down together and started talking.

Sarubouta’s not exactly meticulous in the choice of shots within a scene anyway, but this time I really noticed that the shot/reverse shots were kind of awkward in regard to who is speaking, the cutaway shots (like the one of Kana’s shoes or of Harumin’s back) were pretty unmotivated, and the overhead shots just seemed thrown in to add variety to a talky scene.

And I’m not sure what to make of the composition of the bottom panel here (I just saw a “how-to” page for aspiring cartoonists that said, “Draw your word balloons in first to make sure you have room for your picture.” Seems like good advice.):

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_september_7th#13

I think it also didn't help that 85% of the chapter was just Kana talking and Harumin just sitting there like a statue lol. And then when Harumin does talk it's just like one page and then Kana goes on to further clarify to the reader the lesson she just learned xD. It doesn't flow like a natural conversation.

I 100% got a weird feeling while reading those pages but couldn't quite put into words why, but you guys totally nailed it. I also had the same feeling a few chapters ago when Mei word vomited advice on Yuzu for a couple of pages. I actually couldn't even read them through, and just ended up skipping them.

It also sucks when the whole chapter is just a set up for the word vomit, so if you don't like the advice the whole chapter is kind of wasted. I mean, we didn't get any hint of personality or interesting chemistry between these two supposedly unique characters. Yuzu's friend just shows up, says let's hang, and then they jump right into their weird conversation where it's pretty much just the author possessing Harumin to give advice to, I guess the reader? I'm not sure. It double sucks because this was never something Saburouta did in the og manga, and just sort of adds to the list of subtle quality drops in this sequel that Saburouta has been slowly dragging through the dirt for like 3 years.

last edited at Dec 21, 2022 11:16PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

I had to laugh when Kana said Harumin was just like Yuzu.

Young Yuzu https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_september_7th#15

"Super-engaged" Harumin https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_september_7th#16

joined Dec 17, 2022

Vol 5 is over and now what? . We have read two chapters in which the arc of Yuzu's friends has closed and because they went to the wedding, well. we have seen a harumin in teacher mode with kana, To give you some advice, okay. but we still don't know What the hell is going through Harumin's head and it's time for Sabu to clarify. it makes me see Funny people shipping kana and harumin the work of kana and manami in this story is finished is impossible.I only see a possible friendship , , we already know why you were at the wedding, and your future has been solved, I doubt that much more will appear, manami and kana being two very minor characters. Now, something has discovered harumin, and it is time for sabu to solve the unknowns about harumin, I still don't know what the hell is going through his head and taking into account that this volume 5, it is the first in which matsuri has not appeared in any chapter, being a main character in citrus+ I think that for the future it will be key. regards

last edited at Dec 22, 2022 5:42AM

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

This is a really good (double) chapter. I knew what exactly Kana will say and what she will do when reading the RAW.

Three things that need to be solved from the least important to the most.
1. An Arc for Himeko, we never knew her background. Being best friend of Mei is not enough to leave her with practically no story about her, even Kayo has one.
2. Whatever happened to Mei's mom? That would solve a lot of questions.
3, Harumin and Matsuri.

Once they are solved, especially #3, we are off to graduation and wedding. Whether we have anything beyond that, I guess the accountant in Yurihime will figure that out.

The chapter of Kana and Manami are actually very important. Since Yuzu never said anything, those are the only ones who provide any info both first or second hand about who Yuzu was, before the very beginning. The only info we knew was she was a babysitter of Matsuri before, or why and when she started to dye her hair. Why was she a gyaru? How did she react to friends when spoken to? What kind of lives her friends have and hence you can tell what her life was? If one of her friends know everything about cosmetics, chances are Yuzu was just the same back then (and now)? Why does Yuzu pick being a teacher other than being with Mei?

16 volumes are nowhere near close to a typical shoujo epic manga, but can be considered epic for Yuri and Yaoi. Sabu wrote the ending of Citrus already, so she is trapped. The only way to continue, eventually, is to go past the wedding. Dragging things out (just look at the dates she uses as chapter title) reduces the quality, Plus, it also reduces the potential of introducing new characters because one has to explain why certain characters are not in the wedding (well, of course we know, she wrote the ending before the sequel).

We all know that Maria Anthonette was executed but that did not stop Ikeda from drawing Berusaiyu no Bara. TWICE.

last edited at Dec 22, 2022 3:23PM

joined Mar 28, 2021

Main couple: not interesting anymore… There’s something missing in their dynamics and no, it’s not their sex life. The air-headed girl vs the responsible introvert heir is getting VERY old. Harumin and Matsuri are the ones I’ve been interested in for YEARS. I hope they get their happy end.

joined Dec 17, 2022

Main couple: not interesting anymore… There’s something missing in their dynamics and no, it’s not their sex life. The air-headed girl vs the responsible introvert heir is getting VERY old. Harumin and Matsuri are the ones I’ve been interested in for YEARS. I hope they get their happy end.

It is time for Sabu to clarify everything about Harumin and Matsuri, after so many years, and I think that after a volume in which Matsuri has not appeared in any chapter, everything indicates that for the Next we will have an arc. Sabu decides

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Absolute hilarious chapter, kana went from insufferable homophobe to loving and caring best friend in the span of 2 chapters, one of those a 22 pages exposition dump.
The gaslighting was also (chef kiss) wonderful, kana was like "you thought we would make fun of your same sex relationship? why would you think such a think? We would never do that". Gotta love how Saburto uta just brushes aside their previous shitty behaviour and the way they hurt yuzu and goes, they were good girls all along of course they don't need to apologize,
Honestly at this point this Manga needs the comedy tag because is absolutely bonkers

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Blue cyaito posted:

It is time for Sabu to clarify everything about Harumin and Matsuri, after so many years, and I think that after a volume in which Matsuri has not appeared in any chapter, everything indicates that for the Next we will have an arc. Sabu decides

Sounds like Copium, I suggest we keep our expectations low before any new character shows up and they get hate immediately for taking time away from Harumin.

joined Dec 17, 2022

Blue cyaito posted:

Sounds like Copium, I suggest we keep our expectations low before any new character shows up and they get hate immediately for taking time away from Harumin.

I don't know what you mean, I don't care if they appear, new characters or not, but after the arc of kana and manami, there are not many new characters that can appear, so that sabu can focus on what is important i'm saying is that it's time for sabu to solve all the unknowns about about harumin and matsuri, which has been going on for so many years, and that a large part of the readers who are currently reading the work want to know, It's already 5 volumes and it's time to focus on what's important, I'm just saying that

last edited at Dec 23, 2022 8:28AM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Apparently there are rumors that citrus plus is getting an anime next year

Apparently there are rumors that citrus plus is getting an anime next year

Really does that mean that we're getting a second season of the series?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Kind of?

It would be weird to animate Citrus+ while skipping more than half of citrus.

Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Is Saburouta going Hitoshi Iwaaki route with publishing unfinished chapters then fixing them later in the tanks?

It would be weird to animate Citrus+ while skipping more than half of citrus.

True

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Yeah, can't really see how they could do it without bridging some of the gap story wise, the first season stops at volume 3 or something like that. In any case, great news, if true. Citrus may finally break the '' Yuri centric animes never get a second season'' curse :P

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The Limited Edition of Volume 5 will come with a special booklet where Yurihime author will participate, I assume with a pinup. The authors are Iwami Kiyoko / Amemizu Shio / Utatane Yu / Orihichi Chihiro / Kashi Kaze / Takeshima Eku / tsuke / Mihata / Manio / Mukuki Nanatsu / Yuama

https://twitter.com/potato_y_h/status/1607934613216759809

To reply you must either login or sign up.