Forum › I See You, Aizawa-san! discussion

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I think the flowers Little Michi gave Aizawa-san anemones. What's up with all these anemones in yuri manga lately...

joined Apr 16, 2022

It's fantastically constructed so far, every chapter setting up greater mysteries and subplots while keeping the tone light and fun. Aizawa's situation is undeniably tragic (I mean look at her sleeping on the floor) but she's the final piece, being so playful and expressive despite never saying a word. She single-handedly stops this manga from being horribly depressing, which is funny given she's the victim in all this.

That's a very good point I hadn't thought of. It is very ironic that Aizawa provides most of the comedy and lightheartedness despite her life (or, well, undeath I guess) being objectively terrible. On the other hand, the fact that she seems to genuinely enjoy being in her classroom perhaps is suggestive of what her life used to be like...

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I am going to put it on the record that at this point in time, this story is incredible. if that changes, I will be sad

As much as I love the Kase San series I don't like how all the guys in it are faceless idiots

I think its funny. Plus, there was the recent guy who was the prince of that flower show Yamada liked, who came and taught at her college causing a whole bunch of jealous drama with Kase, and the prince ended up giving some pretty good advice to Kase about how her jealousy could damage her and Yamada's relationship.

He is an exception.
There is this annoying trope in Yuri where guys are reduced to just being obstacles, which gets old.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Bad news: You're being haunted by a clingy lesbian.

Good news: She's dang cute.

last edited at Dec 18, 2022 5:23AM

03fca6214046e15b1cbd7ed7cd767b1a
joined May 26, 2020

Maybe Aizawa was the one when she had the chance to go to school before (we know this because she and Michi interacted once inside the school) so maybe after she died her desire to have a normal high school girl life bounded her to the classroom via the drawing, and that's why as a form of pact that she can be with Michi in school the symbol also appeared on Michi; because she wants to be around Michi while at school

(Or maybe Aizawa made a self promise that she'd come back to school to enjoy it when she was there and made the drawing as proof, that's why the star AAA appeared on Michi's neck because she made a promise with Michi; basically she's using the star AAA as a signature of some type lol)

last edited at Dec 18, 2022 11:19AM

Amimir
joined Dec 26, 2021

Each chapter makes my eyes wet, it's always a feeling of what could have been. I really like this one, can't wait for more.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

That was sweet of Michi.

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

Each chapter makes my eyes wet, it's always a feeling of what could have been. I really like this one, can't wait for more.

Right? I'm seriously dreading and looking forward to more. Aizawa clearly is playing what she wanted her life to be and yet it never will. Also think about how lonely she must be after everyone goes home and she's just stuck there.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Right? I'm seriously dreading and looking forward to more. Aizawa clearly is playing what she wanted her life to be and yet it never will. Also think about how lonely she must be after everyone goes home and she's just stuck there.

Yeah. I love how this series is legitimately incredibly sweet and heartwarming while contrasting with Aizawa's death and loneliness and, in my eyes, voicelessness, as well as the 'what-ifs' both she and Michi are missing out on. It's perfectly bittersweet in the best sense of the word, which makes me both anxious and excited about every new thing we see.

This chapter too was incredibly sweet which actually made me tear up a bit as well. Michi getting closer to Kasumi and Reona was wholly adorable. I just also want to point out that Kasumi is absurdly cute and I simply cannot. And Michi giving Aizawa a piece of the cake was also a terrific moment, I liked how Aizawa started getting jealous and afraid again, but how her face lit up when she saw the cake was simply amazing.

Two things caught my eye. Firstly, I'm inclined to believe Reona's friends have shunned her for befriending "the weirdo", we'll see if it comes to play. Secondly, page 15 - "...maybe turn into a girl..." the dude responded with a "well okay then". My boy's gonna do it, I guarantee.

last edited at Jan 20, 2023 5:20AM

joined Jan 21, 2020

Yeah. I love how this series is legitimately incredibly sweet and heartwarming while contrasting with Aizawa's death and loneliness and, in my eyes, voicelessness, as well as the 'what-ifs' both she and Michi are missing out on. It's perfectly bittersweet in the best sense of the word, which makes me both anxious and excited about every new thing we see.

That sense of what could have been honestly makes me wish she got revived somehow. I tend to hope for that alot but im not sure i can think of a single manga where that actually happens.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

joined Jul 29, 2022

Bad news: You're being haunted by a clingy lesbian.

Good news: She's dang cute.
bad news you will never talk to her or interacct because you are too afraid

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

this is so wholesome

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I'm starting to appreciate mangas where in each chapter the author reminds us of the names of the characters in it. Because I really forgot how the other two were named. I'll blame myself since I'm horrible with remembering names, but still, I wish this had it somewhere at the start.

Still my own issues aside, I'll yet again say what an amazing manga this is so far. There's this mystery of what really happened and what will happen, but it doesn't make me feel like there's some buildup to something "big". At least not yet. It's really grounded so far, and I like it. Too many stories have an incredible buildup for a lousy payout. Mostly because the buildup was too big, even if the payout wasn't bad on its own.

And it's so bittersweet! It always turns either wholesome or cute or both but it's always in the shadow of the tragedy that both happened and in a way is still happening.

P.S
Making any kind of rolled pastry is a bitch and a half >< I wish it was as fun and amazing as it was shown here.

last edited at Jan 20, 2023 10:15AM

Bppble
joined Aug 22, 2022

I'm starting to appreciate mangas where in each chapter the author reminds us of the names of the characters in it. Because I really forgot how the other two were named. I'll blame myself since I'm horrible with remembering names, but still, I wish this had it somewhere at the start.

I just read the chapter like 30 minutes ago and you couldn't get me to name any of the characters. The only one I recall is Aizawa, 'cause she's right there in the title. I mentally substitute characters' names for shapes or colors

Edit: I had a lot more written here but it seems dynasty yeets everything past an emoji should you use one

last edited at Jan 20, 2023 10:50AM

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

so cute I did lots of cry

joined Mar 29, 2021

That sense of what could have been honestly makes me wish she got revived somehow. I tend to hope for that alot but im not sure i can think of a single manga where that actually happens.

Plot twist: She never died, just ate the Yomi Yomi no Mi and has no idea she can revive yet

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

The chibis were too cute this time.

I've started including the chapter release art Dorothy posts on twitter. When volume 1 releases I'll put the ones I skipped in the extras.

Speaking of which, this is either the last or 2nd to last chapter of volume 1, judging by page count. A sweet reflection on how Aizawa changed Michi's life. Easily the lightest chapter so far, but I'm sure things will be back to dark in no time.

Two things caught my eye. Firstly, I'm inclined to believe Reona's friends have shunned her for befriending "the weirdo", we'll see if it comes to play.

There's definitely been an emphasis on Reona's friend situation. I don't know if it'll develop into anything, but this manga has me paranoid of everything. I'm still wondering why Kasumi's hairclip was hidden up on the locker, especially in light of some supernatural foul play going on.

Nah I understand. This chapter had zero names besides Michi and Aizawa (and technically Theia, who I can't wait to be fully introduced. She seems fun and I'd really like to know how she fits into Aizawa's death.)

Namoto Kasumi is the sweet one with glasses and a different hairstyle every chapter, though she always keeps the hairpin from her senpai. Honda Reona is the twintailed Aizawa fan who knows how to bust Michi out of her shell. Seta Kiyoharu is the boy who Reona has officially dubbed Boy.

The other two idols who haven't come up much are Non, the short one with a bit of a temper and seemingly into Ange, the tomboyish one. Theia being the leader of De:Lphinus. And of course Kurotori Michi and Aizawa Honami.

For an author's debut manga it's doing just about everything right, but I do wish names came up more often.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Okay this was freaking cute holy crap that ending was so damn sweet.

Honestly at this point what is Michi still worried about when it comes to actually interacting with her? She had that one kinda scary moment a few chapters back where she was kinda acting off? But god damn I couldn't ignore something so cute. It's gonna be very interesting when she finally acknowledges her. I'm really interested to see if she can speak because I don't think she's actually said a word yet right?

joined Apr 16, 2022

Honestly at this point what is Michi still worried about when it comes to actually interacting with her? She had that one kinda scary moment a few chapters back where she was kinda acting off? But god damn I couldn't ignore something so cute. It's gonna be very interesting when she finally acknowledges her. I'm really interested to see if she can speak because I don't think she's actually said a word yet right?

Michi says in Chapter 1, "After dealing with this for over a decade, what I've learned is you do not want to be involved with any of these things." And in chapter 3, we see an incident where she interacts with a ghost and it goes poorly. While Honami appears to be different from all the other ghosts she's seen so far -- and you're right she has yet to say a word, even in flashbacks -- it's understandable that Michi would be wary. But I do agree that Michi is going to have to interact with her before too much longer.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Sounds like a plan.

Possession Transformation arc incoming?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Soooo . . . Aizawa gets horny poltergeist powers when?

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Wasn't there a Romance tag on this story?

last edited at Jan 20, 2023 6:30PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.