Forum › Citrus + discussion

But can anyone explain to me what does it mean when an entire chapter (in this case, the second of the double chapters) is published in a story board format as if the mangaka is too lazy or too pressed for time that the result looks unfinished? Maybe I have not read enough manga, but this type "story board only" of chapter I know does exist, but it is very rare. Does Sabu intentionally do that for a reason? Any examples?

She most likely didn't have the time to finish it. It happened once on the original citrus, during the school trip arc that introduced Sarah and Nina, it got fixed for the volume and also replaced here.

It also happened at the beginning of the arranged marriage arc too in the original series & that too got fixed & replaced on here as well. So when volume 5+ comes out next month those fixed images will replace the unfinished one's here too.

last edited at Dec 15, 2022 11:51AM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

A couple of citrus related news

https://twitter.com/_saburouta/status/1600774704461410304
Sabu got excited at the voiced PV a Mexican editorial made to promote citrus 10' release

https://twitter.com/citrus_anime/status/1603556765932683267
The anime will be broadcasted on YT for free to commemorate the exhibition

https://twitter.com/Sarfaty_/status/1603689792415223808
Citrus+ Vol 5 covers

https://twitter.com/citrus_anime/status/1603556417147138048
Yuzu's "Plan for the perfect date with Mei" is a limited reward for the citrus expo

Special illustration for the expo
https://twitter.com/citrus_anime/status/1603555564608704512

Special illustration for the expo
https://twitter.com/citrus_anime/status/1603555564608704512

Beyond beautiful!!!

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

It also happened at the beginning of the arranged marriage arc too in the original series & that too got fixed & replaced on here as well. So when volume 5+ comes out next month those fixed images will replace the unfinished one's here too.

Yep, that's the plan.

joined Dec 17, 2022

Without saying anything about the plot, this arc is finally over. I hope I don't go back to kana and manami, what boring characters. I hope for an arc on harumin in the future, where we will also see matsuri. greeting

last edited at Dec 17, 2022 3:41PM

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Harumin walking around town looking this hot is nothing short of a security hazard for the entire population O_o Also, she and Kana have a nice dynamic together, you can tell they could probably become good friends pretty quickly.

last edited at Dec 21, 2022 8:46AM

joined May 1, 2015

I am only reading this for Harumi and Matsuri. Don't care about the rest.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So the question that I asked [checks notes] one year and one day ago:

Will Harumin ever find a life goal?

Apparently has been answered.

We just don’t know what the answer is.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I know the story required Yuzu+Mei, but Harumin is so much more desireable.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

I hope I don't go back to kana and manami, what boring characters.

Manami? I can kinda understand, she’s basically just Harumin 2.0.

Kana? She had a helluva lot going for her these past few chapters. Unless you’ve got a terminal illness and the only treatment is seeing Harumin and Matsuri tongue-fuck each other, I don’t see how you can call Kana objectively boring.

joined Dec 17, 2022

what I wanted to say is that for me this whole arc has been too long,and boring for two characters like manami and kana, who are two copies of second level harumin and matsuri .That being said, the arc ended Very well, although I wish there had been more drama on the subject of homophobia on the part of Yuzu's friends, but hey, at least Sabu didn't fall into the cliche of taking us out a repressed lesbian kana and manami to justify her change of attitude, would have broken the entire previous narrative and not because she is a Yuri all girls have to be lesbians. That being said, the arc is over and I don't think they will reappear much, after all they are very minor characters. it is time for sabu to open a harumin bow and know for once that she goes through his head, and incidentally too Matsuri, where I'm sure both Mitsuko and Yuzu will be relevant, and incidentally Sara and Nina, who seem much more interesting to me than these two random characters. regards

last edited at Dec 21, 2022 12:27PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Too bad we didn't get to see more of Harumin's internal thoughts...
They both accepted the relationship rather easily, I supposed they've matured too.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Did this chapter seem really contrived to anyone else?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Kana sure is pushy. In the end, the two are quite similar, though.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yes, it did. It seems to be partly a setup for the next (un-inked) chapter, which has dropped elsewhere. Although it's not exactly clear why Nana's random encounter with Harumin was necessary for what happens next.

joined Dec 17, 2022

Yes, it did. It seems to be partly a setup for the next (un-inked) chapter, which has dropped elsewhere. Although it's not exactly clear why Nana's random encounter with Harumin was necessary for what happens next.

I think kana needed someone to give her some good advice, and that was harumin. With the advice that Harumin gave to Kana, and because Harumin reminds Yuzu a lot, that makes him go see her in the Chapter 2, to close her arc, and by the way that advice was returned to harumin , which indicates that Harumin's arc will be next. regards

last edited at Dec 21, 2022 1:08PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

While not a bad chapter and i always love it when Harumin is the focus, the whole talk they had felt a lil too much like the author was writing directly to the reader instead of through the characters' stories. Like it felt too info dumpy and like a lecture if that makes sense lol.

joined Dec 17, 2022

While not a bad chapter and i always love it when Harumin is the focus, the whole talk they had felt a lil too much like the author was writing directly to the reader instead of through the characters' stories. Like it felt too info dumpy and like a lecture if that makes sense lol.

It is literally as if saboruota were giving us readers a life lesson. I was left wondering as always what the hell is going on in Harumin's head . Could it be that Harumin has discovered that she wants to be a teacher like Yuzu (nene said so), because it was a typical scene student And teacher

last edited at Dec 21, 2022 1:49PM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I'm guessing it's in the queue to upload here since the chapter that follows it in March or April will be very hard to comprehend without it. (Edit: there it is) And speaking of, do you know offhand which chapters of Citrus are the coming out chapters? I'd like to tag them without re-reading the whole series, but I kind of assume it happens a lot with all the different friend groups, adults, etc.

last edited at Dec 21, 2022 2:33PM

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

I wonder if the story is being stretched far too long now with more silly conflicts. I kind of want to see their life together after high school more.

joined Nov 16, 2021

draft?

78519a80bda4a346c682b1a92a6a70883ccaf876ac706c027e9425ec84be03c5
joined Nov 28, 2017

i already lost faint in this story to improve, i love the first arc <3 When a chapters comes out im i never remember in what part was and they keep putting side characters. And now finally another come out and is not even finished. Someone can explain to me whant happened with the author?. I prefer someone to explain this to me, i´m the kind to give bad revews in social media bcoz i get how stressfull and damaging some comments are for artist.

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

Damn just end it and start a new series but with how well it sells, I doubt it's going to happen anytime soon.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That sense was reinforced for me by what seemed like a lot of pretty random framing once Kana and Harumin sat down together and started talking.

Sarubouta’s not exactly meticulous in the choice of shots within a scene anyway, but this time I really noticed that the shot/reverse shots were kind of awkward in regard to who is speaking, the cutaway shots (like the one of Kana’s shoes or of Harumin’s back) were pretty unmotivated, and the overhead shots just seemed thrown in to add variety to a talky scene.

And I’m not sure what to make of the composition of the bottom panel here (I just saw a “how-to” page for aspiring cartoonists that said, “Draw your word balloons in first to make sure you have room for your picture.” Seems like good advice.):

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_september_7th#13

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

And now finally another come out and is not even finished. Someone can explain to me whant happened with the author?

She's done this couple times before and honestly I'm okay with it since I rather mangaka not destroy their health over meeting deadlines. They get fixed in the volume releases and it doesn't happen very often anyway (this was also a rare double chapter release).

Overall a nice wholesome end to this arc. I didn't mind this arc at all and I thought Kana and Manami were interesting and entertaining characters. As side characters, their arc made much more sense than 80% of the arcs where random new side characters popped out of nowhere. At least Kana and Manami have been here from the beginning.

I am ready for the story to go back to the usual cast though lol

That sense was reinforced for me by what seemed like a lot of pretty random framing once Kana and Harumin sat down together and started talking.

Sarubouta’s not exactly meticulous in the choice of shots within a scene anyway, but this time I really noticed that the shot/reverse shots were kind of awkward in regard to who is speaking, the cutaway shots (like the one of Kana’s shoes or of Harumin’s back) were pretty unmotivated, and the overhead shots just seemed thrown in to add variety to a talky scene.

And I’m not sure what to make of the composition of the bottom panel here (I just saw a “how-to” page for aspiring cartoonists that said, “Draw your word balloons in first to make sure you have room for your picture.” Seems like good advice.):

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_september_7th#13

I think it also didn't help that 85% of the chapter was just Kana talking and Harumin just sitting there like a statue lol. And then when Harumin does talk it's just like one page and then Kana goes on to further clarify to the reader the lesson she just learned xD. It doesn't flow like a natural conversation.

last edited at Dec 21, 2022 4:04PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.