Forum › Citrus + discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Is anyone else like about to drop this series cause it feels like saburouta doesn’t even care anymore we get like 4 chapters a year at this point and leave plotlines unfinished to progress with characters we literally don’t care about like where is the story even going at this point

Even the original series was a lot more like that than a lot of people like to admit.

Personally, I've stuck around this long--might as well see where whatever's left of the wreck ends up.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Is anyone else like about to drop this series cause it feels like saburouta doesn’t even care anymore we get like 4 chapters a year at this point and leave plotlines unfinished to progress with characters we literally don’t care about like where is the story even going at this point

Citrus+ was originally advertised as a slice-of-life spinoff exploring the cast’s everyday lives, especially the individual side characters. There isn’t meant to be a story like the original, although it could be argued that an overarching plot/theme that’s emerged in recent arcs is where everyone plans to go after graduation (sans Matsuri and Nene obviously).

Also, Saburouta just spent the last few months preparing a huge artbook in celebration of Citrus’ 10th anniversary. I’d hardly call her lazy or uncaring.

last edited at Nov 20, 2022 11:01PM

joined Apr 28, 2019

The girls are fighting!!

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Jajaja bruh what the actual fuck, she gave her friend a literal slap on the wrist, as if she was a little kid XD. Bruh I can't take this shit seriously

Why is she such a bitch anyways, wouldn't it made more sense to show her actually being nice so we can sympathize with her and root for her eventual reconciliation with yuzu.
Saburto uta please, you gotta help me with this buddy, im really to care for this side characters but you're making it near impossible

Img_20230706_053347_360
joined May 21, 2020

10 years and saburouta still hasn't figured out how to write a good story or how to flesh out the characters

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Citrus+ was originally advertised as a slice-of-life spinoff exploring the cast’s everyday lives, especially the individual side characters.

People keep saying that, but to me the evidence of the actual Citrus+ suggests otherwise.

We've had several "Yuzu & Mei Make No Progress" arcs, "Matsuri & Harumin Maybe Make Some Progress Although Not Really" arcs, and "New Or Essentially Forgotten Characters Are Homophobes" arcs. I mean, we know we have to get Yuzu & Mei, at least, from Point A (where they are now) to Point B (the wedding).

Not really feeling much slice-of-life vibe in this one.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I mean, the series format shows their day-to-day lives and what they go through them until the wedding. I don't know what part of it doesn't fit slice-of-life for you.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I mean, the series format shows their day-to-day lives and what they go through them until the wedding. I don't know what part of it doesn't fit slice-of-life for you.

“Desultory, directionless writing” = “slice of life”? Sure, why not?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

There is a direction, filling up the blanks between Yuzu's proposal and the wedding. That is in fact, the reason Kana and Manami were brought back since they were at Yuzu and Mei's wedding despite their previous appearance having them unknowingly hurting Yuzu with their homophobic comments.

joined Nov 22, 2022

ITS BAAAAAAACK WOOOOOOOO

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Yuzu crush on Amamiya did not even last a day. Meanwhile she is lusting after Mei, and even Mei knew it too and did a counter move.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

It’s been so long since I have seen these two girls lol I was like who are these people??? Had to reread some chapters

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

I often question why, as a fan of this series, I keep coming back to the cesspool that is this comment section…

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It’s been so long since I have seen these two girls lol I was like who are these people??? Had to reread some chapters

No, you, like the rest of Citrus readership assembled, were obsessed with the question, “Hey, those two characters way off to the side in the big wedding panel—that’s those two former friends of Yuzu’s who said homophobic things, but now they’re at the wedding! How can this possibly be? A mark of a truly world-class writer would be if Saburouta would go back and spend a bunch of chapters explaining how these characters whose names we can’t remember and who we in fact had forgotten even existed went from being homophobes to attending Yuzu’s wedding.”

You, like many of us, just didn’t realize it.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

The Art Book is awesome. It basically enlarges certain important scenes, and because of that, things that are sub tle or seemed like not important, now shows up the details.
Yuzu would buy a manga and then sneak it all the way back home and put it in what she thinks is a secure place which Mei cannot find, Mei? Simply read it in the library back and forth and never takes it home.

Example 1. Yuzu has a meltdown due to Kana and Manami's homophobia. She decided to hide in the library. Walking past Mei, Mei told her to stop. What Mei pulls out from the shelf was the book, "The introduction to the psychology of Love"
Example 2. Then about one year has past and it is Citrus Plus. Mei is in the book shelves area and caught Harumin. Mei already pulled out and holding a science book. But she was also in the process of pulling out....yup, "The introduction to the psychology of Love".
Those are small incidents and most of us would not care. BUT the two incidents are almost the same, hence I think that Mei read that book bit by bit. So in a way, Mei is actually very serious about being with Yuzu. If Yuzu lives by that dating book she made, then Mei must be secretly reading the psychology book.
All of these would be unable for us to notice, until, in this case, a blow up panel so you can read everything no matter how minute it is.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcmYw9KAfSM

This girl shows all the artbook. First are all the color pages from the manga, the promo art Sabu drew for the anime, the preorder/store goodies for the volume releases of both the anime and the manga, and all the pics Sabu has posted on Twitter. And finally, Sabu's comments for each piece. Pretty good for any fan of the series. The most notable thing is getting to see the full art of the volume covers, those are spicer than I thought

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

To commemorate the anime's 5th anniversary a special exhibition with original material from the anime plus new art drawn by Sabu will be held in January. The most interesting part is that there will be new recorded audio from the seiyuus. Very unusual

To commemorate the anime's 5th anniversary a special exhibition with original material from the anime plus new art drawn by Sabu will be held in January. The most interesting part is that there will be new recorded audio from the seiyuus. Very unusual

Awesome.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

We're getting two chapters this month!

https://twitter.com/potato_y_h/status/1602860931544846336

joined Jan 14, 2020

Middle panel looks like Harumin causing a couple boys to enter puberty.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Probably Matsuri’s little brother and friend.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Pleaseeee I hope this means a Harumin focused chapter and more specifically a HaruMatsu focused chapter....I'm just reading for them nowadays. It's been a good while since their kiss D;

Probably Matsuri’s little brother and friend.

Most likely yes it is.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Fine, I am FIRST.

Not going to talk about the plot, of course, for the next few days. There is no secret that this issue is a double features. The chapters serve as a closing of an arc and most likely a prelude of a new one. I did guess correctly about which character serves as the bridge. It is really logical.

But can anyone explain to me what does it mean when an entire chapter (in this case, the second of the double chapters) is published in a story board format as if the mangaka is too lazy or too pressed for time that the result looks unfinished? Maybe I have not read enough manga, but this type "story board only" of chapter I know does exist, but it is very rare. Does Sabu intentionally do that for a reason? Any examples?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

But can anyone explain to me what does it mean when an entire chapter (in this case, the second of the double chapters) is published in a story board format as if the mangaka is too lazy or too pressed for time that the result looks unfinished? Maybe I have not read enough manga, but this type "story board only" of chapter I know does exist, but it is very rare. Does Sabu intentionally do that for a reason? Any examples?

She most likely didn't have the time to finish it. It happened once on the original citrus, during the school trip arc that introduced Sarah and Nina, it got fixed for the volume and also replaced here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.