Forum › Kamiina Botan, the Drunken Form is a Lily Flower discussion

joined Jul 23, 2019

Go go liquid courage!!
In a manga like this one, if the love confession isn't a drunken confession we would have every right to feel cheated.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

It's actually really interesting how well this manga does tension. I felt it this chapter.

same, practically felt stomach butterflies... can't wait for the next chapter
thanks so much to the translators!!!

I'll see you in 2 chapters when we get this one continued.

I think its just a 1 chapter cliff hanger, so the next one and then it moves scenes.

since chapter 27 is the last chapter in volume 3, next comes omake chapter 27.1.. so yeah, it's kind like 2 chapters more.. or 1.5 if you will)))

GuiltyBoomerang
20180630_180023-412x427
joined Feb 25, 2014

Go go liquid courage!!
In a manga like this one, if the love confession isn't a drunken confession we would have every right to feel cheated.

Liquid courage + bath water = great success

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

the single most dramatic way to start dating "should we stop being friends" while both of them are tearing up... I like it but it's just a little funny this is how easily this can be interpreted as them genuinely deciding they should stop being friends and never see each other again.

last edited at Dec 6, 2022 5:04PM

PredatorDuck Uploader
Rin
joined Jun 27, 2018

HAHAHA YES! YES! YES!

joined Sep 23, 2019

I really hope they are going out. I dunno if peeps are keeping up with the online releases it’s hard to tell. Maybe my Japanese is just trash though.

sanshouowo Uploader
Output-onlinepngtools(4)
Homusaki Shikibu
joined Jul 10, 2021

why they stop being friends? :(

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

They've become roommates Yaaayyyy! Finally, that was nice... You can tell how relieved Botan was.

And you're right it is kinda silly, like if you think about it they went
Botan: There's something I want to tell you
Ibuki: ok
Botan:...
Ibuki:..
Botan: ...*starts grilling*
Ibuki...
Then this chapter happens and at the end is like "Oh FFS LETS BE LOVERS! HIC"

last edited at Dec 6, 2022 5:52PM

__amaori_renako_and_ouzuka_mai_watashi_ga_koibito_ni_nareru_wake_naijan_murimuri_drawn_by_monsieur__d7bc0a80fd23f14c58ed2720509220b2
joined Oct 15, 2021

Friendship is over-rated anyways im unbelievably happy for these characters

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

kyaaaaa, or more like, buuurp, there they go, not friends anymore xD have to be honest, the first time I listened to "Nothing anymore" by Age Factory referenced on p3, I was like, ffffuuu, no way is this gonna end good... but after all the liquid courage, Ibuki delivered such a powerful confession! She left Botan no, hic, chance, hahahaha.
Also, totally didn't expect this to be released today - huge thanks to the translators, I think they really did well. Now I can have a good sleep.

I really hope they are going out. I dunno if peeps are keeping up with the online releases it’s hard to tell. Maybe my Japanese is just trash though.

wait wait.. are you saying we should be worried?

last edited at Dec 6, 2022 8:10PM

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

ahhh finally !!!!!

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

So they can upgrade their relationship status to cousins, of course.

joined Feb 10, 2022

I think they forgot to say "Let's stop being friends, and let's start dating"

Also... were they crying?

joined May 10, 2021

Holy fuck it finally happened! I am, very much indeed, happy right now. As happy as them I'd recon.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So now what? They'll run into the mountains and fight each other to the bitter end?

last edited at Dec 7, 2022 9:27AM

joined Apr 6, 2018

what do you mean? WHAT DO THEY MEAN? vague gays i swear. why are we like this hahaha

What are those tears???? Are we happy or not huhu

Next chapter we b drinking our sorrows?

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Wh-- I'm so confused right this moment.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Reminds me of that facebook comment that was like "I am now announcing that Samantha and I are no longer dating", followed by a comment of "Honey thats the WORST way to announce that we got married"

sanshouowo Uploader
Output-onlinepngtools(4)
Homusaki Shikibu
joined Jul 10, 2021

joined Sep 23, 2019

kyaaaaa, or more like, buuurp, there they go, not friends anymore xD have to be honest, the first time I listened to "Nothing anymore" by Age Factory referenced on p3, I was like, ffffuuu, no way is this gonna end good... but after all the liquid courage, Ibuki delivered such a powerful confession! She left Botan no, hic, chance, hahahaha.
Also, totally didn't expect this to be released today - huge thanks to the translators, I think they really did well. Now I can have a good sleep.

Unfortunately yea.

Not sure how to block things out for spoilers. Just things seem off in the following chapters that’s all I’ll say.

HEY also has this weird art style where everyone’s faces aren’t very emotive. The main character modeled after Ali from encouragement of the climb is his favorite so he puts more effort into her. She has much broader expressions so it’s kinda difficult to tell if they are dating or if things are awkward now.

joined Sep 23, 2019

I think they forgot to say "Let's stop being friends, and let's start dating"

Also... were they crying?

They are. And if the online releases are as vague as I think they are, I think things are awkward between them now.

I dunno the latest chapter seems positive but this manga confuses me so much. I dunno if it’s the art or the quick conversations.

Clipboard%20image%20(3)
joined Nov 11, 2018

HEY also has this weird art style where everyone’s faces aren’t very emotive. The main character modeled after Ali from encouragement of the climb is his favorite so he puts more effort into her. She has much broader expressions so it’s kinda difficult to tell if they are dating or if things are awkward now.

I dunno the latest chapter seems positive but this manga confuses me so much. I dunno if it’s the art or the quick conversations.

Strangely, the manga didn't start so difficult to read. The faces were a lot more expressive, and the art seemed cleaner and more inspired. Seeing the difference between the first few chapters and the last few chapters exhibits a stark contrast; most of the panels now are speech bubbles superimposed over 3D models or photos with line extraction applied or simply the characters freeflying against white backgrounds. It becomes difficult to follow the flow of the story and passage of time due to the lack of art direction between panels and it's sometimes difficult to tell who's speaking at all. This, coupled with the vague dialogue and incoherent expressions/reactions, I often have to read two, three times to comprehend the story now because the way information is relayed feels lacking.

Reminds me of that facebook comment that was like "I am now announcing that Samantha and I are no longer dating", followed by a comment of "Honey thats the WORST way to announce that we got married"

LOL this came to mind for me as well.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Who is Ali? Do you perhaps mean Aoi? I guess Ibuki looks like her. Kind of.

The main issue with me that most characters in this story just seem off, Kamiina first and foremost. She started out lively and emotive, but over the chapters she turned into quite the weirdo. Is it her intention to play with people's feelings, or is all that alcohol starting to affect her brain? It doesn't make her all that sympathetic in my eyes, in any case.

The style also noticeably changed. The manga started out flowing and energetic, but has become more and more static over the chapters. I love how the author goes the extra mile to show off real-life locations (especially since I have seen many of those myself), but the rest is just ... dull.

Of course, trying to cram booze into almost every scene also doesn't do this manga any favors. I know drinking is the main theme, but I can't shake the impression of watching a bunch of alcoholics who should really try to get their lives back on track. Sure, that can be an interesting story, but it's not what I expected from how this started.

last edited at Dec 8, 2022 7:49AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's not like they're drinking every day, we're just seeing the chapters where they do drink, there might be several days between each occasions.
The problem with the characters emotions comes from the fact that they're always blushing no matter what... And that's a trick you would use to show bashfulness or tipsy but because this is the default, we can't tell, and for this to be a manga about getting drunk and love, THOSE states are important, only when they're uneasy or worried is not shown.

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

Go liquid courage!!!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.