Forum › FAQ, Help, & Suggestions (2022-)

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

November 29th Update

New FAQ Thread

The entire first page is now reserved for any notable posts that we'd prefer to be more easily linked. Also made a couple additions.

-Created a separate post to highlight current Dynasty Staff members.
-Series status tags are now codified here and should be linked anytime descriptions of those tags are desired.
-Moved the Chinese Yuri FAQ to much higher visibility by splitting it into multiple posts. Previously, a Google Doc was left in the FAQ, but I'm not even sure folks noticed that!

Updated the Userscripts thread formatting

For easier linking.

Added the following tags

Insane Amounts of Title - September 27th, 2022
Coming out - November 3rd, 2022
Self-harm - November 21st, 2022
Escape Room - November 25th, 2022
Villainess - November 25th, 2022
Public Transportation - November 25th, 2022
Partial color - November 28th, 2022

The tag descriptions are readily accessible from their respective pages. Thanks for the many suggestions and thanks in advance to anyone who helps us add backlog titles to these!

Added a bunch of Manga Time Kirara Issues to the database

Many thanks to Haxton Fale of Bunny Scans for taking this on and sharing it with us!

Removed a bunch of test & (bug) duplicated chapters

If you're tracking anything on the site in relation to chapter numbers, you might've seen the number go down! This is why. For the average user, nothing has changed. It's just housekeeping.

Next time

Filtering through works with no artist or scanlator entry and rectifying inconsistencies where possible.
Bunch of new tags.
Pairing tags for Yuru Yuri.

Couple things I'm tossing in a separate post for discussion.

last edited at Nov 30, 2022 7:42PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

To the person who emailed me about an armpits tag - I'm terribly sorry, I seem to have lost your email! I think it's possible that we will add one soon though, as there was some silly timing stuff behind-the-scenes right before your mail!

Mr. Zilla posted:

How about a Partial Color tag?

So, I didn't go with quite your definition here, opting instead to just aim for any colours present besides black and white. However, my thinking here is to cast a wide net and then decide afterwards how to handle the different types. Ideally, there would be a Partial color tag and a Duotone tag to capture each phenomenon separately from the other, but I'm not yet convinced there's enough material to justify two tags for that. So, we'll see where it lands in a few weeks!

Here are some of the tags I'm looking at for the next update, and thoughts I'm having as I do my research. Would be happy to entertain any thoughts anyone else is having about them:

Dubious Consent - Not quite sure where to draw the lines with this one, interested in seeing examples of how other sites institute it, if any folks have specific examples they like.
Mistaken Gender - (Here are a few examples where it's central to the plot, which I imagine was the idea.) A problem arises that this may have way too much crossover with Cross-dressing to justify. I don't read too many of those stories, though, so I'm not sure if that's often a major role in them...
Asexual spectrum - Looking for examples of what might fit this, and an easily understood name. The tag should cover characters who are explicitly not interested in sex or romance (or; not and!).

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

If we had a tag suggestion from a while back in the previous thread, should we repost it here for clarity? Or would that just muddy things and make things confusing

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Add Erena x Madoka as an alternative name please
https://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/elena_x_madoka

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

If we had a tag suggestion from a while back in the previous thread, should we repost it here for clarity? Or would that just muddy things and make things confusing

I should have it all logged, but no complaints if you want to post it again!

Add Erena x Madoka as an alternative name please
https://dynasty-scans.com/pairings/elena_x_madoka

Done.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

^Thanks!

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I guess it isn't necessary since Nun and Demon are already tags, but maybe there could be a Nun x Demon tag?

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

I guess it isn't necessary since Nun and Demon are already tags, but maybe there could be a Nun x Demon tag?

Would the presence of the tags Nun, Demon, and Yuri not almost guarantee such a pairing anyway?

joined Jul 30, 2020
Dynasty
knight heron
joined Mar 26, 2021

I want to suggest "Festival" as a tag, for both school cultural/sports festivals and other festivals~

see: 1, 2, 3

also in that line of thought, maybe "Yukata" as well? maybe that overlaps because it tends to coexist with summer festivals.......but could be useful for images? (but I know less about tagging in that world.....)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
joined Apr 16, 2022
Youmu-nio-160pxw
joined Jun 20, 2019

Spam.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Maybe that'd apply to too many images/mangas to warrant a tag, but could there be a cunnilingus/oral sex tag?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

juanelric posted:

Maybe that'd apply to too many images/mangas to warrant a tag, but could there be a cunnilingus/oral sex tag?

Considered.

jq- posted:

I want to suggest "Festival" as a tag, for both school cultural/sports festivals and other festivals~

see: 1, 2, 3

also in that line of thought, maybe "Yukata" as well? maybe that overlaps because it tends to coexist with summer festivals.......but could be useful for images? (but I know less about tagging in that world.....)

So, this was suggested by someone else a few months back (sorry, person, I can't find your post!). Upon revisiting it recently my question was: Is it desirable to have a tag whose primary use (I'm assuming!) will be to mark individual chapters within long series? It's been requested at least twice, so perhaps the answer to my question is redundant? I'm still thinking about it, though.

last edited at Dec 8, 2022 10:55PM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I'll go ahead and repost my idea, both in case it got lost, and for ease of access for me, because I often go back to it to edit it and put down examples so that if it's ever added we can easily put tags onto the right things.

My suggestion for a tag is the foreigner tag! The defintion could be something like Fakku's definition, which is: "Character in a foreign country. Common example being the exchange student trope. Note that the tag is not "non-Japanese," meaning it's not applicable if a chapter is set in (for example) America with everyone being American". It also says Isekais don't count, which I agree, but fictional worlds with foreign countries should absolutely count.

Most language gap stories would fit in this tag, but not all foreigner stories would be language gap stories. I know "what is the difference between this and language gap" was a question last time. There are a lot of foreign exchange students who join school in stories who are fluent in Japanese, so that tag wouldn't come up.

The following are all the examples I've found so far in my attempts to read basically everything on this site.

"Sentimental Beach Side"

"F.U.S.S.A."

"The Foreigner and the Insensitive Tomboy"

"Mismatch Girls"

"the_sheep_princess_in_wolfs_clothing" maybe, if we don't want to add the "fictional nations don't count" rule, because it's about someone working in a foreign country to them.

"Beloved Painting Ch. 7"

"Elena" maybe??? I dunno it's hard for me to follow this one but the Elena at the end is probably not Japanese.

"Yuri Manga for Studying Japanese"

"Girls of Sun and Sea" and its sequel, "Midsummer Lovers"

"Summer Vacation"

"A San Fransisco Story"

"Christmas Eve Agape"

"Cirque Arachne"

"The Sea, You, and the Sun"

"Butterfly 69" and its sequels - This one doesn't really say it anywhere in the text, but Maria Steinhardt is not the most Japanese name I've ever heard of, so it's probable.

"Vacation Maou to Pet" - The Demon King is probably not native to Japan. Might not count under the "Isekai rules" but it's not really... an Isekai? So it might count.

"My Food Seems To Be Very Cute" - Maria is a foreigner.

"Game"

All chapters tagged Elisha x Honoka.

"SHY"

"VAMPEERZ" prolly fits as well

"Yurikon Ch8"

There's definitely more, if anyone else has good suggestions, let me know! I love the language barrier tag a lot, but it's not all encompassing for stories like that =w=

last edited at Jan 27, 2023 3:57AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Sekai de Ichiban Oppai ga Suki!: based on the volume 7 table of contents, chapter 63 should be listed after the volume 7 extras (and under volume 8).

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

In rare circumstances, the blacklist / whitelist feature can have unexpected consequences. Please contact us if you have troubles with this feature.

I love how ambiguous this statement is. Just what are the hidden dangers of the blacklist and whitelist features?? Lol

Sorry, I had nothing of actual importance to say here. Thank you for all the work you put into the site and have a good day :)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hello, is it possible to suggest a subscribed tab? Only for works (or perhaps even groups!) that we follow, like maybe right next to Recently added, I've been here for years but I still can't get used to how the site re arranges uploads by date... The way I keep track right now is when I notice recent activity in the forum's thread or by checking mangadex and then coming here to comment or see if it's uploaded in both sites.

I could subscribe by email but I manage 5 so I lose track there. Thanks for listening, I love Dynasty !

last edited at Dec 13, 2022 7:24PM

joined Feb 1, 2021

I think I just Mandela-effected myself... Went to suggest tags for this because it definitely needed the post-apocalyptic tag, and then it turns out there is no post-apocalyptic tag. Which is odd, because I could have sworn there was.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh, look, another spammer editing links in later: https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=86959

joined Oct 29, 2021

Hi! I just so happened to remember that I have this acc for a while, but since I (apparently) already have one, do you think you can delete this acc? Thank you!

To reply you must either login or sign up.