Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So! my take is Aya can be in a kinda of "pseudo denial"? like she knows her feelings and that she likes Koga, but confuse "fave" with what can be more~ I mean, yes, when Koga was "he" for Aya, was feeling the same but maybe now that is "she", it can be like those cases in which they think is not possible just because they "dont know about it"(? or a need of self discovery in coming~ . Something like that hahaha

I think you’re basically on target about Aya’s (mis)-understanding of her own feelings. But of course, every time we see Koga from Aya’s POV, it’s Koga looking so damn cool that everybody’s heart goes ba-DUMP, including Aya’s.

Aya’s almost bordering on tsundere territory at this point, but it’s really just simple denial of romance, with only a paper-thin barrier holding back her overt acceptance that the two of them are eventually going to be married and assemble furniture together.

last edited at Nov 27, 2022 11:39AM

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Poor girl's still down baaaaaad.

Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/track/09YeOSHcAdk3Bqel03yIw9?si=XscK-ginT66ArueGoFOe0g. YouTube (not official so might get taken down at some point): https://youtu.be/AffCqOj3nyw

Also lol a breakfast club reference. Amazing.

joined Aug 14, 2022

Omg Aya XDDD I love that she never even questioned whether Mitsuki being a girl would change her feelings or not, she's just like "my crush is actually a girl, she's so cool I adore her" and SHE'S SO JEALOUS OF HER ACTUAL MATCHMAKER IT'S HILARIOUS XDDD

joined Jan 5, 2020

Finally! I have been waiting for this for a long time!!! They have conversation at the store as they now know each other. Mitzuki no longer completely covers herself anymore! Maybe she does not need to take off her piercing while at school.

Hard doubt on the not removing piercing for school considering her school most likely has a dress code that doesn't allow it. There's a difference between hiding who you are and taking out a piercing so you don't have to deal with being yelled at for it at school.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

And is she actually still thinking of Mitsuki as a crush? I wonder what word is used and how it is taken in japanese? Crush doesn't 'always' indicate romance- so im just curious if she knows she still has a romantic crush or just a 'really likes' kinda way - she does also call herself a 'fan' - and hasn't realised its (probably) more herself yet?

From what I saw, from the start it's "Oshi", and from what the translators here plus from previuos mangas I read is like a "fave", someone you are fan of; and in mangas I read the fan always were pictured blushing, super happy and so on, but never romantic (one manga even the fan had family and all, their fave was just that, and idol they really liked), at least the ones I read hahaha

Tho, I still think the choose from the translator was the best since Aya calling Oni san "fave" probably were going to be "strange", plus Aya's friends were asking her about "him" in a more "romantic" way.

So! my take is Aya can be in a kinda of "pseudo denial"? like she knows her feelings and that she likes Koga, but confuse "fave" with what can be more~ I mean, yes, when Koga was "he" for Aya, was feeling the same but maybe now that is "she", it can be like those cases in which they think is not possible just because they "dont know about it"(? or a need of self discovery in coming~ . Something like that hahaha

Yeah, I think crush makes more sense since you wouldn't usually involve yourself with your oshi, at least you wouldn't for a real idol. You wouldn't ask for their number or give out yours. Maintaining that distance is an important part of being a fan, and so in context I think crush makes more linguistic sense in English.

But also I'm not a translator.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

The Smiths, Nobody can described Teenager and young adults's angst. Of course consider who the lead singer is...this also reminds me the Housemartins The era of synth and samplers, especially if you can get a studio time using the Fairlight, then it was a big deal. Plenty of Beggars Banquet and 4AD bands then. When grudge arrives, we tend to forget there was an era of alternative and independent band.
I was a radio DJ for 5 years. I used to record John Peel shows....
Oh mitzuki finally can say things cheecky. That is a positive improvement for someone who has limited social skills. The confessions will happen sooner instead of later, we shall see. We don't even know if Mitzuki LGBT.....(I mean of course...the question is when will her figure it out and then out herself.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

NARITA IS THE TRUE MVP
Truly one of us, huh

Narita-kun will be the president of KogaAya fanclub

He already is. Bet he made the whole committee ship them too.

started off as a jerkface, now he is the face behind the OTP shrine. god bless this pilot!

Fghgjj
joined Feb 21, 2018

Finally! I have been waiting for this for a long time!!! They have conversation at the store as they now know each other. Mitzuki no longer completely covers herself anymore! Maybe she does not need to take off her piercing while at school.

Hard doubt on the not removing piercing for school considering her school most likely has a dress code that doesn't allow it. There's a difference between hiding who you are and taking out a piercing so you don't have to deal with being yelled at for it at school.

While this is true most of the time, I don't think it's the case with this school's rules, since Narita and Aya both go there daily with piercing, nail polish and makeup, and nobody ever say anything about it.
It's still Mitsuki who doesn't want to stand up at school, the only place where she can be herself is her Uncle's CD shop, for now.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

I just love Oosawa's facial expressions in this chapter

Aya wants her 'crush' all to herself.

Bikko
joined Feb 17, 2022

respect for narita-kun, fellow shipper

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think Narita might be gay, or at least bi.

816lwpeqwgl._ac_uf894,1000_ql80_
joined Sep 22, 2021

Oosawa in denial...

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

While this is true most of the time, I don't think it's the case with this school's rules, since Narita and Aya both go there daily with piercing, nail polish and makeup, and nobody ever say anything about it.
It's still Mitsuki who doesn't want to stand up at school, the only place where she can be herself is her Uncle's CD shop, for now.

Could instead be that the school doesn't enforce those rules too strictly, but Koga is just afraid of being one of the few that do get punished. Like, neither Narita nor Aya strike me as the sort to care much about school rules.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Narita-kun only came to pay respects to his OTP

Narita-kun is good people.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Ah, I see that Narita's one of us

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Ah, I see that Narita's one of us

Narita is us. He’s the fandom personified.

— Freaked out about how cool/hot “Onii-san”Mitsuki is
— Started slapping some sense into Mitsuki telling her she should just talk to Aya because they’d still be friends regardless of gender
— Ships these two gay mfs because he could spot Aya’s simping her classmate from a mile away

Homeboy is us

last edited at Nov 27, 2022 4:38PM

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Narita is the man I hope I grow up to be.

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

Girl went from crushing on a dude to getting hipster about being gay for her girl longer than anyone else

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

And is she actually still thinking of Mitsuki as a crush? I wonder what word is used and how it is taken in japanese? Crush doesn't 'always' indicate romance- so im just curious if she knows she still has a romantic crush or just a 'really likes' kinda way - she does also call herself a 'fan' - and hasn't realised its (probably) more herself yet?

From what I saw, from the start it's "Oshi", and from what the translators here plus from previuos mangas I read is like a "fave", someone you are fan of; and in mangas I read the fan always were pictured blushing, super happy and so on, but never romantic (one manga even the fan had family and all, their fave was just that, and idol they really liked), at least the ones I read hahaha

Tho, I still think the choose from the translator was the best since Aya calling Oni san "fave" probably were going to be "strange", plus Aya's friends were asking her about "him" in a more "romantic" way.

I always associate the term ''oshi'' with the Idol fandom scene and stuff like ''Oshi ga Budōkan Ittekuretara Shinu'' , where actually falling in love for real with your fav is seen as somewhat taboo and a bit pathetic. It's very much an ''admire from afar'' sort of thing.

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

The gay is 200% possible again

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

I always associate the term ''oshi'' with the Idol fandom scene and stuff like ''Oshi ga Budōkan Ittekuretara Shinu'' , where actually falling in love for real with your fav is seen as somewhat taboo and a bit pathetic. It's very much an ''admire from afar'' sort of thing.

Ah! that was one of that I read (tho I couldnt find more raws and kinda droped the story because of that). Yes yes, without talking too much because spoilers; I remember they talked about it like that and the different thoughts of various characters no only "main", but the gerenal idea was that "idol (Oshi) is something to adore and love from afar, and just be happy like that"

joined Dec 25, 2021

I wanna see them interact at school. I like the dorky, glasses Mitsuki too.

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Aaaaaaa

Panda-min
joined Nov 27, 2022

Been lurking here for years without an account and finally made one just to say I really love this manga! I wish we could've seen tidbits of what happened after the "friendship confession scene" but I guess we're far ahead of that now.

Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

captain narita-san of the S.S. mitsuki x aya

To reply you must either login or sign up.