Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

May I ask if the things the author post in their Instagram will be translated here too? Really now is just an image with the title behind and another a drawings with just little writings here and there. But in case something more is going to be post there~

Sorry if the question is disrespectful and thank you always for your hard work!!! <3

last edited at Nov 25, 2022 4:08PM

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

May I ask if the things the author post in their Instagram will be translated here too? Really now is just an image with the title behind and another a drawings with just little writings here and there. But in case something more is going to be post there~

Sorry if the question is disrespectful and thank you always for your hard work!!! <3

I'm not sure there's much to translate there.

It looks like some yearbook/graduation album pictures, with a few words (as per the title given by the author)

On Aya's pic there's her name and "shut up" with an arrow toward an angry smiley, and on the bottom her name (Oosawa Aya) with a few music notes and "Sorry".

On Koga's pic on the bottom there's her name, Koga Mitsuki, subtitled "Onii-san", a hand with "Yayyyy !!" beside it, and on top, a spotify logo and a drawn question "megane ha?", which means "where are the glasses?"

Reading the comments in Japanese, it looks like it's at the end of their third year I think, so yet another peek at the future.

last edited at Nov 25, 2022 4:32PM

joined Nov 13, 2022

It looks like some yearbook/graduation album pictures, with a few words (as per the title given by the author)

On Aya's pic there's her name and "shut up" with an arrow toward an angry smiley, and on the bottom her name (Oosawa Aya) with a few music notes and "Sorry".

On Koga's pic on the bottom there's her name, Koga Mitsuki, subtitled "Onii-san", a hand with "Yayyyy !!" beside it, and on top, a spotify logo and a drawn question "megane ha?", which means "where are the glasses?"

Reading the comments in Japanese, it looks like it's at the end of their third year I think, so yet another peek at the future.

Ty so much for the reply and translation!
And yes, it not really much there, was just a question that appeared in my head hahaha
Again ty so much! <3

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

I'm definitely a decaying 40 year old.

I right behind you.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Can the instagram drawings be posted here? (I know the title one can’t since it’s multiple pictures, but at least that yearbook one)

Edit:
On Mitsuki’s picture there is a Spotify code to an actual song.
It’s a cover of “Don’t You (Forget About Me)”

Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/track/09YeOSHcAdk3Bqel03yIw9?si=XscK-ginT66ArueGoFOe0g

YouTube (not official so might get taken down at some point): https://youtu.be/AffCqOj3nyw

(Posted 2 years ago tho)

I’ll update the Google Doc after an exam I have to take tomorrow. (So give me like one business day to do that)

Mom, please come pick me up, the government is forcing me to take an exam to grade MY COLLEGE.

last edited at Nov 26, 2022 11:54PM

joined Feb 5, 2020

Narita-kun will be the president of KogaAya fanclub

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

NARITA IS THE TRUE MVP
Truly one of us, huh

Narita-kun will be the president of KogaAya fanclub

He already is. Bet he made the whole committee ship them too.

last edited at Nov 27, 2022 6:54AM

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

OUR OTP!

kneels in respect

last edited at Nov 27, 2022 7:07AM

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

Oh yea The Smiths are great.
I love singing 'Girl in A Coma' in karaoke because I like to see my friends slowly realise how messed up the lyrics are.

I also pay respects to my fav OTP (-⅃L-)

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Translator here.

To be noted, in the original Japanese, Narita-kun ends some of his sentences with the particle わ (wa), like よかったわ (I feel relieved/glad) which is a girly way to talk, but a pretty untranslatable nuance.

"Boys" are more prone to end their sentences with よ in general, which sounds a bit rougher.

I'm not sure if it's on purpose, but Narita-kun, to a Japanese, would probably sound a bit girly.

Maybe it hints at some bisexuality.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

I think it's part of his "metrosexual" kpop idol appeal that has all the girls in the class going gaga over him.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I just love Oosawa's facial expressions in this chapter

56%20dynasty
joined Jan 18, 2021

I'll just take that, thank you very much.

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

I pay respect to my OTP

joined Nov 13, 2022

I get the little feeling that this second arc, tho true for now are only 3 chapters, is more focused in Aya. Like sure, all the chapters had been showing us what they think, but in general imo it was more focused in Koga (first arc), which make sense since Aya didn't know about all the "panorama", but now that she does, is Koga who is "oblivious" since she is happy with finally having friends around.

Probably next chapter is going to jump to Koga's thoughts again..... or not~ but I'm getting that feeling for now hahaha

And Narita is back again <3

joined Feb 4, 2019

Like Narita, I, too, pay my respects behind the 4th wall every week ʕ⁠っ⁠•⁠ᴥ⁠•⁠ʔ⁠っ

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I think it's fair to say that Aya is still very much a silly girl in love and that Mitsuki probably hasn't really caught on yet. Idiot couple tag here we come! :P

joined Feb 4, 2019

Fjdjdhd not me just now clocking Aya still calling Mitsuki her crush after 5 rereads ಠ⁠益⁠ಠ

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I'm ready to build a shrine to pay respect to my OTP.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

LOL - So Narita actually ships them :) Is that why he was helping them in the first place- hoping he could help them hook up?
@Hamshams yes its clearly more from Aya's perspective at least so far.

And is she actually still thinking of Mitsuki as a crush? I wonder what word is used and how it is taken in japanese? Crush doesn't 'always' indicate romance- so im just curious if she knows she still has a romantic crush or just a 'really likes' kinda way - she does also call herself a 'fan' - and hasn't realised its (probably) more herself yet?

last edited at Nov 27, 2022 11:02AM

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

bless you Narita,you're one of us

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

LOL - So Narita actually ships them :) Is that why he was helping them in the first place- hoping he could help them hook up?

Before it was mostly to help Koga, now yeah he is

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

@Hamshams yes its clearly more from Aya's perspective at least so far.

And is she actually still thinking of Mitsuki as a crush? I wonder what word is used and how it is taken in japanese? Crush doesn't 'always' indicate romance- so im just curious if she knows she still has a romantic crush or just a 'really likes' kinda way - she does also call herself a 'fan' - and hasn't realised its (probably) more herself yet?

Someone else here said that the word used is closer to "the person I'm a fan of". But the full implication is hard to translate in a way that reads smoothly so crush makes more sense... Or so they said something like that.

Narita also kinda implied that he was a fan when he wanted to join the group (meaning he wanted to hang out with both of them). So I'm thinking he was a fan of their dynamic and music interest. But because it was still a secret, he was only able to hang around Mitsuki since his first interaction with Aya was kinda bad. Later that transformed into shipping them upon realizing how silly/awkward the two were.

last edited at Nov 27, 2022 11:34AM

joined Nov 13, 2022

From what I saw, from the start it's "Oshi", and from what the translators here plus from previuos mangas I read is like a "fave", someone you are fan of; and in mangas I read the fan always were pictured blushing, super happy and so on, but never romantic (one manga even the fan had family and all, their fave was just that, and idol they really liked), at least the ones I read hahaha

Tho, I still think the choose from the translator was the best since Aya calling Oni san "fave" probably were going to be "strange", plus Aya's friends were asking her about "him" in a more "romantic" way.

So! my take is Aya can be in a kinda of "pseudo denial"? like she knows her feelings and that she likes Koga, but confuse "fave" with what can be more~ I mean, yes, when Koga was "he" for Aya, was feeling the same but maybe now that is "she", it can be like those cases in which they think is not possible just because they "dont know about it"(? or a need of self discovery in coming~ . Something like that hahaha

last edited at Nov 27, 2022 11:26AM

Screenshot_20211218_223644
joined Nov 25, 2021

Aww Man they're so cute, I love them sm

To reply you must either login or sign up.