Forum › Citrus + discussion

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

There will be no Citrus+ in the upcoming October issue. I hope her book is worth it..

Xxaaezvi
joined Oct 1, 2019

Now if her story reflected her artwork this would be a great manga! Hope it gets better.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

https://twitter.com/_saburouta/status/1581975366901862401
There's a raffle to win the chance to buy a citrus artbook signed by Sabu, surprisingly, is open to people overseas.

last edited at Oct 18, 2022 1:17AM

Xxaaezvi
joined Oct 1, 2019

There's a raffle to win the chance to buy a citrus artbook signed by Sabu, surprisingly, is open to people overseas.

Big whoop.

Cool

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Jesus coming here from the Citrus subreddit is like tonal whiplash.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Xxaaezvi
joined Oct 1, 2019

$66.99 USD from playasia.

Xxaaezvi
joined Oct 1, 2019

I guess everyone here have seen this coming. This is a non MCs chapter. 16 pages only but the art is very good (which is rare). Then, 4 pages of merchandise ad, such as the art book.

I'm used to the disappointment. Frustrated but used to it.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Happy 10th anniversary
https://citrus10th.com/

A group of fans made a visual novel and they uploaded a clip of it
https://twitter.com/Citrussaigao/status/1592911940807819264

Currently, the VN is only available in Chinese but they're working on Japanese and English versions

https://twitter.com/cunyuYs/status/1592927787815677952

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Happy 10th Anniversary! The original citrus anime was one of the first bits of exposure to the yuri genre I experienced, back before I knew even two words of Japanese. I owe so much to this series, and it makes me so happy to now be able to translate it for other English-speaking fans to enjoy!

(Maybe in another 10 years Yuzu and Mei will finally do the deed. Not holding my breath though.)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh, Kana's temper and behavior are actually not too surprising. She is definitive poor comparing with Manami and Yuzu. That can affect your view of life and career prospects. No doubt she feels that she is left behind. Manami can always work in her family's restaurant and takes her sweet time to choose a career, Yuzu is in a finishing school plus attending cram classes. That was why she was so upset because she desperately wants to retain the status quo.

Is this in reference to the chapter that has not yet been posted here?

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Is this in reference to the chapter that has not yet been posted here?

Crap, Mea Culpa. I keep thinking chaosteam and dynasty-scans are the same. And since chaosteam has already finished this chapter and posted, i thought it was ok because usually they automatically upload.
Mine is just a commentary, I am not going to write in such a way that I will be kicked out again, for good. The post can be referred to the new chapter, but honestly it can also be just the past two chapters about Kana and Manami. If you can read my comment and figure out the new chapter..you must have ESP.

last edited at Nov 19, 2022 11:55PM

Xxaaezvi
joined Oct 1, 2019

Guess this site is getting lazy like the author. Got the latest somewhere else, in English translation. Too bad, so sad.

joined Jun 28, 2018

Anyone else notice the goof on page 18 of "June 24 through 28"?

last edited at Nov 20, 2022 9:33AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Anyone else notice the goof on page 18 of "June 24 through 28"?

Well, on page 17 Self-Hating-Gay-san's drink disappears and Yuzu's starts growing out of her head. If that counts.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Ok, the chapter is here now.

I think you're right with your analysis Masina, Kana is definitely worried about being left behind by both Kana and Yuzu. And I'm 90% certain she and Manami have lingering feelings for each other. Amusingly enough, despite them allegedly being boy-crazy, Sabu hasn't shown them with a guy at any point.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, that was a chapter.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

It’s impressive that in just one chapter I’ve gone from feeling indifferent to hateful toward Kana, for not being a part of the main cast and for being passively homophobic to Yuzu back in OG Citrus, to seeing her as very well-written, dare I say 3-dimensional.

I’m sure there’s some cultural stuff going over my head with the whole career choice thing, but I am aware of how hustle-and-bustle Japan is when it comes to work, especially those who are corporate drones. Kana’s attitude and feelings here are very understandable in that sense, but at the same time it’s caused her to feel like any suggestion to help her along, even from her best friend, is an attack on her and she gets defensive and aggressive as a result.

Obviously this spike in frustration is probably recent due to reuniting with Yuzu and learning that someone she used to believe was such a free-spirited go-getter suddenly has her life all figured out (as we saw in previous chapters). This chapter takes it a step further by calling into question whether it’s resentment for contradicting her ideals, jealousy over having something she wants but can’t figure out, or both.

Hats off to you, Saburouta-sensei. I’m actually interested in seeing where you take these characters now.

joined May 29, 2021

Are we just dropping the Harumin and Matsuri plot?

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Are we just dropping the Harumin and Matsuri plot?

Lol that’s what I want to know/the biggest reason I keep tuning in. I guess we’re supposed to think it’s resolved? But I feel like we left in the middle of development…

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

ShoujoCent posted:

It’s impressive that in just one chapter I’ve gone from feeling indifferent to hateful toward Kana, for not being a part of the main cast and for being passively homophobic to Yuzu back in OG Citrus, to seeing her as very well-written, dare I say 3-dimensional.

I’m sure there’s some cultural stuff going over my head with the whole career choice thing, but I am aware of how hustle-and-bustle Japan is when it comes to work, especially those who are corporate drones. Kana’s attitude and feelings here are very understandable in that sense, but at the same time it’s caused her to feel like any suggestion to help her along, even from her best friend, is an attack on her and she gets defensive and aggressive as a result.

Obviously this spike in frustration is probably recent due to reuniting with Yuzu and learning that someone she used to believe was such a free-spirited go-getter suddenly has her life all figured out (as we saw in previous chapters). This chapter takes it a step further by calling into question whether it’s resentment for contradicting her ideals, jealousy over having something she wants but can’t figure out, or both.

Hats off to you, Saburouta-sensei. I’m actually interested in seeing where you take these characters now.

Jealousy yeah but mostly fear, she wants the status quo to remain, her unchanging days, going shopping and whatnot but then everyone is moving on, changing and then she gets defensive with her comfort zone, even though, it's going to end anyway because time waits for no one... I FEEL like, making a choice is like killing her current way of life by her own hands and that's not something she wants to face, so yeah, now she's making excuses and looking who's to blame.

last edited at Nov 20, 2022 6:06PM

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Saburo Uta writes every character like they have a secret angsty crush on someone lol

joined May 13, 2021

Is anyone else like about to drop this series cause it feels like saburouta doesn’t even care anymore we get like 4 chapters a year at this point and leave plotlines unfinished to progress with characters we literally don’t care about like where is the story even going at this point

To reply you must either login or sign up.