Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

joined Nov 2, 2022

^ I choose to believe that the sex was so good that it healed her foot.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

I think this is the first time the phrase "I love you" has actually get through me and almost made me burst into tears.

Dynasty-edited-winter-pharm
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 29, 2010

Still feel that Shizuka doesn’t deserve Mio, but if Mio can put a leash on her so be it.

Agreed.

identification-projection-preheterosexuality
Please%20actually
joined Mar 13, 2018

empire when she loses her virginity idk I didn't read it

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Beauty beyond words, that was amazing... Everything! I'm gonna miss them... They've escaped finally LOL

Ayano of course gets bullied for being an useless lesbian stuck with the most useless lesbian x0 the pain

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

For a series that goes into fan service '' male-gazey'' stuff pretty regularly, this was shockingly gentle and understated. You could really feel the feelings these two share and all their past together, culminating into something beautiful and sweet. Hats off to you Kishi-sensei !

joined Jun 11, 2016

For a series that goes into fan service '' male-gazey'' stuff pretty regularly, this was shockingly gentle and understated.

the series did start that way but it stopped being "male-gazey" long ago.

Also this might be the most beautiful and emotional chapter in a manga I've ever read.

The credit page makes me wonder though, will we ever get out of the time loop? Or like, are we stuck here until Ayano and Miyoshi become a couple? Ngl that might actually take an eternity lol.

Free_form_jazz_by_sotf-d640ynt
joined Jul 3, 2021

A chapter without text is so surreal, especially thirty pages. Also page 28, her hair doesn't move glasses just faze thru, made me chuckle.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

The blurry panel was such a nice touch, not only because funny, but also shows how much their trust is that she's willing to let herself exposed, in more ways than one.

One couple down... like 10 more to go.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

For a series that goes into fan service '' male-gazey'' stuff pretty regularly, this was shockingly gentle and understated.

The credit page makes me wonder though, will we ever get out of the time loop? Or like, are we stuck here until Ayano and Miyoshi become a couple? Ngl that might actually take an eternity lol.

My guess is it will take the Japanese equivalent of '' one drunk weekend in Vegas'' to make it happen :P

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

My guess is it will take the Japanese equivalent of '' one drunk weekend in Vegas'' to make it happen :P

And then they will say "I dont remember cuz I was drunk". Well Miyoshi will and Ayano will internally and eternally scream.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Finally our Mio on TOP!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

all the angst of that couple made it that much sweeter, nicely done.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Simple but beautiful.

Also one of the best "Farewell, I'm over you" moments

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Awww, sweeties. The credits were hilarious on many levels.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I'm reminded of episode 33 of Utena, but in a good way.

joined Dec 13, 2020

Simple but beautiful.

I didn't like the look in Kaoru's face one bit.

I hope she doesn't take this as a challenge and targets Shizuka again.

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

And this is the last we'll ever see of these two in Virgins' Empire.

They will appear again in a coming follow-up series: Deflowered's Empire.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

For a series that goes into fan service '' male-gazey'' stuff pretty regularly, this was shockingly gentle and understated. You could really feel the feelings these two share and all their past together, culminating into something beautiful and sweet. Hats off to you Kishi-sensei !

"Male-gazey," eh?

joined Sep 6, 2018

Chapter 261: This is how Yuri should be presented. Well done.

It looks like the series is winding down to a close. May I be wrong on this one, but after 12 years going strong—I understand. If this gets published in English, author can retire off of this work.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Simple but beautiful.

Brah. She's surprised is all since Shiz is doing something very out of character (as the lady herself commented to Mio in the previous relevant chapter IIRC). The abruptness and briefness of the encounter certainly wouldn't have been helping her get her bearings there.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Y’all out here scaring me with the “they had sex, series might be ending soon” comments >_<

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

How bout that ntr though.

joined Dec 7, 2017

Simple but beautiful.

Same. I really can't stand the amount of hate Shizuka gets here, but how conveniently everyone seems to forget that it was Kaoru who was the original 'big bad' (as bad as you can get in a series like this, anyway) just because they like how she interacts with Mask. Like...sure, you might think it's cute, but that doesn't erase her past treatment (and manipulation- remember how she stopped eating when Shizuka tried to ((rightfully)) cut her out of her life? TEXTBOOK manipulator stuff right there) of Shizuka. And it's ALWAYS bothered me how Kaoru got a thing for mask and then started acting like Shizuka was being some needy, clingy, jealous ex despite having spent the entirety of the manga prior actively trying to woo/tempt Shizuka away from Mio.

Shizuka is no saint, but let's not forget (any more than we apparently already have) that it's Kaoru who started all the toxicity.

And that look on her face, like you said...that REALLY pisses me off. Like, don't act like she's an annoying, clingy ex one second and then get shocked when she finally manages to move on from you. And I REALLY hope it was just shock- but the look in her eye in the previous panel (I believe it's a memory recall) looks a bit too calculating for my taste.

The ONLY chapters I even REMOTELY like/tolerate Kaoru, as someone who's been in a very toxic and emotionally/verbally abusive relationship in the past (and yes, someone did use that whole 'I'll hurt myself if you leave me' trick on me), are the chapters with her and Honoka.

She's a really good older sister.

But she's a shitty girlfriend and an even worse friend.

IMO, the best ending (though hopefully it won't come for a long time) would be Kaoru ending up alone. And not even because I don't like her, but because she's not the kind of person (at least not right now) who can have relationships without hurting their partner in SOME way. And that's just unbiased facts. I'm the same way- can't trust anyone- but I recognize this and take responsibility for it. Kaoru needs to stick to like, one-night-stands, or at LEAST be up front with the girls she dates (who SOMEHOW don't already know about her reputation). Hibiki's reaction made it pretty clear she doesn't warn them ahead of time. If not that, then I hope she AT LEAST keeps her attention on Mask, who is more than aware of her true nature (and has more than a few issues herself), and no more innocent, unwary girls. Not that Shizuka fits that category at all- again, she's no saint by a long shot- but just from who Kaoru's been shown to target outside of Shizuka in the past.

last edited at Nov 16, 2022 12:46PM

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

Ch 261 Greatness! Were Mio's tears that of joy or sadness? IMO it looked more like the latter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.