Forum › Lily Love discussion

joined Jan 8, 2014

Smh....y'all goin on about this an that...meanwhile im over here goin "yaaaaay fresh new yuri!"
And still lovin the art ^_^ , thanks for scantalating

joined Jan 1, 2015

At the end I was like
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Wake me from my coma when the next one is out.

joined Jan 1, 2015

jigsaw. mew. donut. p man. p golf
these names

I know!!XD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

They have Fisherman's Friend cough drops all the way over there? I always thought they were just a North American thing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This changes everything! I hope this gets lots of chapters, I want to see this flourish.

so far this isn't drama (and probably won't be :P)

I dunno about that, it seems pretty obvious that Mew has some baggage with her.

What you did there...

last edited at Feb 17, 2015 7:08PM

joined Oct 16, 2013

It's kinda hard to take this manga seriously with all these silly names. Donut, Jigsaw, Ice, P'man, P'Golf.
I'm not making fun of it or anything but it's just a little funny to me.

Are the names also translated, instead of being given as they should be pronounced?
Like having "Real Princess chan" instead of "Maki (真姫) chan" in Love lives.
??

I haven't read the original (i.e in Thai), but those names are likely in the original, too. They are nicknames.

Thai people use nicknames almost exclusively when referring to their friends or acquaintances. In other words, we rarely use real names unless referring to a total stranger or in formal environment/occasions. I had a friend named "Sarawadee" (a very pretty name) and everyone simply called her "Sara" (pronounced very differently from Western name "Sarah", however).

Nicknames can be anything - fruits, sports, tangible things, intangible things, characteristics, onomatopoeia. They will sound highly silly to you. Unfortunately, no matter how fancy their real Thai names could have been, in settings such as university, they will hardly be mentioned.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

This changes everything! I hope this gets lots of chapters, I want to see this flourish.

so far this isn't drama (and probably won't be :P)

I dunno about that, it seems pretty obvious that Mew has some baggage with her.

What you did there...

Ahhhhhh!

Anyway, apart from the-having-to-get-used-to-the-(slightly peculiar/ cute?)-names obstacle, I think the pacing of the story so far is good. (I had the impression that they were gonna "Yuri it up" at the end of ch. 1 when Mew asked to go together, like WOah). Hopefully it remains an SOL atmosphere to it with lots of yuri development of course.

Edit:

@Camio - thanks for shedding some light about the names! So it is a Thai-thing.

last edited at Feb 17, 2015 8:19PM

First_trip
joined Jan 17, 2015

They have Fisherman's Friend cough drops all the way over there? I always thought they were just a North American thing.

Lol yeeeep, they have, we south east asia countries have many cough drops imported from America =))

last edited at Feb 17, 2015 8:22PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Lol yeeeep, they have, we south east asia countries have many cough drops imported from America =))

A brisk international trade in cough drops, indeed.

Well they're a good choice, I've always found them effective and not too sweet like say, Halls.

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

Wow, this is nice so far. Thought it'd escalate really quickly but I guess not. :P

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

It's kinda hard to take this manga seriously with all these silly names. Donut, Jigsaw, Ice, P'man, P'Golf.
I'm not making fun of it or anything but it's just a little funny to me.

Are the names also translated, instead of being given as they should be pronounced?
Like having "Real Princess chan" instead of "Maki (真姫) chan" in Love lives.
??

I haven't read the original (i.e in Thai), but those names are likely in the original, too. They are nicknames.

Thai people use nicknames almost exclusively when referring to their friends or acquaintances. In other words, we rarely use real names unless referring to a total stranger or in formal environment/occasions. I had a friend named "Sarawadee" (a very pretty name) and everyone simply called her "Sara" (pronounced very differently from Western name "Sarah", however).

Nicknames can be anything - fruits, sports, tangible things, intangible things, characteristics, onomatopoeia. They will sound highly silly to you. Unfortunately, no matter how fancy their real Thai names could have been, in settings such as university, they will hardly be mentioned.

Thanks for the information.
I personally do not find them silly, but was trying to figure out how they come like that.
That's interesting he, now I'm wondering if friends pick the nickname for you or you tell them how to call you?

joined Oct 16, 2013

I personally do not find them silly, but was trying to figure out how they come like that.
That's interesting he, now I'm wondering if friends pick the nickname for you or you tell them how to call you?

Your parents would give you one when you were born. :) That's what you will always be called by your family members.

At school, you may be called by your 'real' nickname. Sometimes friends just shorten your real name and that becomes another nickname for you (like my friend, Sara). Sometimes certain event happened and it stuck and became your nickname (this is generally in good spirit, btw).

When I was in junior high, a friend called my home and asked for me by the nickname I was known as at school, my dad told them there was no such person in the house. (:3 」∠)

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

I just read the raw version and I found the writing is actually pretty good.

Img0002a
joined Mar 21, 2014

Thank for your translation, I like this coz still thai style like JE' and P' that same to Japan style like Obaa-chan and Senpai.

JE' that mean Obaa-chan (Aunt or Older lady) and Aneki (elder sister)

P' that mean Onii or Onee (elder brother or elder sister) and Senpai (Senior)

Hope you all enjoy with Thai comic

please forgiving me, if I have wrong grammar. "Lily love" a Thai fanclub ^^

last edited at Feb 18, 2015 12:10AM

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

They are from England and available all over the world.

last edited at Feb 18, 2015 12:21AM

Po
joined Oct 29, 2014

i like were this is going looking forward to next chap.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

They are from England and available all over the world.

And I thought we got them when one of us stole electricity and running water from them. Which happened a couple of years after that one dude stole fire from the Greek gods. Some day we'll come up with things of our own.

joined Feb 19, 2013

Just like the real name
Your parents named you from the start.

And for the one who found those names silly.
What we got this day is way more than that.
Nowadays parents start to named thair child ipad , tabled , facebook, insta. LOL

20403_1093721790642670_7830811455589080821_n
joined Feb 18, 2015

Is it just imposible to make an ugly manga character? CAUSE I HAVE NEVER READ THIS LINE AND AGREED WITH IT.

Especially since real life definitely isn't as perfect yuri mangas in terms of looks lol.

(Nez Note Just a quick edit to make the quote a bit less obnoxious. Carry on, citizen.)

Funny i draw manga and cartoon and am good at it but if you truely think it is imposible to make ugly characters you are dead worng cause it takes skill to do so,it may look easy but it is not....it's not but once your good your good :-)

I don't think it's impossible to make ugly characters, it's more when characters complain about being ugly they're almost always not drawn ugly.

Of course, most artists spend most of the time drawing stuff they consider attractive, and switching gears to something they're not used to is hard. Some specialize in ugly stuff, but then most of them aren't really drawing romance and the like.

in the other hand, maybe she doesn't REALLY ugly. she just look down herself and lost self confidence.

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

This trend of yuri coming in from different countries is really encouraging. It feels like a new dawn is breaking.

It would be great if people could share the name of the yuri artists they are aware of from their country.
Seems like all the goodness come from Asia.

I'm from Philippines and we have the first commercially published GL, World Canvas by Godley Malabanan, written in Tagalog.

It has its own PV actually: http://youtu.be/huqxAjVvb9M

World Canvas preview

Kuru-sann/Godley Malabanan's DA

if you want to order online

Jee, I've been waiting for a yuri manga from our country and yet I've only heard of this now.
Must go to the bookstore now xO

joined Mar 25, 2013

World Canvas preview

Kuru-sann/Godley Malabanan's DA

if you want to order online

Jee, I've been waiting for a yuri manga from our country and yet I've only heard of this now.
Must go to the bookstore now xO

Now if only someone would take it up for translation xD According to the author there was one group that was interested in doing that but I guess they gave up or something.

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

This trend of yuri coming in from different countries is really encouraging. It feels like a new dawn is breaking.

It would be great if people could share the name of the yuri artists they are aware of from their country.
Seems like all the goodness come from Asia.

I'm from Philippines and we have the first commercially published GL, World Canvas by Godley Malabanan, written in Tagalog.

It has its own PV actually: http://youtu.be/huqxAjVvb9M

Thanks for sharing! I'll go look and buy it. ^^,

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

I might as well add this Filipino children's book I've been meaning to buy since last year.
Ang Ikaklit sa Aming Hardin (Ikaklit in Our Garden)
by Bernadette Villanueva Neri, C.J. de Silva (Illustrator)

As you can see, this book tells the story of a child with two mommies, tackling the issue of today's definition of "family" paralleled with the titular mystery word - "Ikaklit." (My rough blurb, sorry)

English translation is incorporated in the book along with beautiful illustrations, so no worries for your comprehension.
If you're interested for more info and deliveries, contact the publisher through publikasyong.twamkittens@gmail.com

For my peeps, scroll down at the bottom of this link for bookstores that have a copy of this book.

From the illustrator's blog:

In a way, we got a yuri book catered for children (2012) first over the World Canvas (2014) which is catered for teens, hoho. This is definitely historical, or shall I say herstorical? :D

Picsart_1429787879161
joined Dec 6, 2014

Wow very nice! Fluttering Feelings, Their Story, and now this! Yuri invasion around the globe haha I really love the art style.

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

In a way, we got a yuri book catered for children (2012) first over the World Canvas (2014) which is catered for teens, hoho. This is definitely historical, or shall I say herstorical? :D

Definitely herstorical!

To reply you must either login or sign up.