Forum › Lily Love discussion

joined May 10, 2011

The art style seems really nice and clean, but just a little off. I can't put my finger on why I don't quite like it.

joined Feb 8, 2015

The name looks silly because it's a nickname. Thai people are often nickname their child with an easy name both in English and Thai because it's a nickname.

And They forgot to add that...
P' - using like 'Nii - Nee' too and could use for the person that are older than you not many years. We can hear the shop workers call us P' to show kind of manner (but really mean to the person who is a bit younger than the person who call them, it's like the way of calling them old.)
Je' - more like a respect way of calling female friends or older womans not really 'Oba-san'. [Paa is the 'Oba -san']

last edited at Feb 18, 2015 7:47AM

joined Feb 8, 2015

And about the Toms and Dees stuffs

Toms - We mostly see them as the girls who trying to look like a boys short hair, dress like boys, hangout with male friends, making low pitch voice and often have a girlfriend more than a boyfriend. Some of the Toms has the the same problem like Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4).[ There's a Thai movie about a love between Tom and her female roommate, too.]

Dees - A female who go out with a man or a woman but we see them mostly go out with Toms.

[I don't know how to replay the post nor I know to to put a black spoiler stuff...Sorry about that guys.]

last edited at Feb 18, 2015 8:16AM

joined Nov 30, 2011

Use double == when making spoilers. But one before you write the spoilery stuff and one after like so:

SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER

Also, if you're looking for other formatting options, check out this stickied post at the top by Thiron, it gives you the lowdown on posting formats: Forum Post Formatting - Basic Markdown Tutorial

SpiderLilies2007
joined Jan 22, 2015

The names in this story remind me of Husky and Medley. Maybe the author of this story had a similar idea (handles instead of names).

THESE name are LEGIT......................Its not supposed to be funny at all. These name you will find a lot of people using it in Thailand.

"Golf, Ball, Jigsaw, Gung, Ice , Mae, Miuw, Ning, Nong , Moo, Ploy, etc "

this is a Thai- Manga so the name are diffrent than Japanese-name that you guys are used to. People in thailand often call each other by Nickname cause their real name is LONG. If its not formal....you will not hear people call you by your first name. Amongs friend or same age that you first met.......they will ask your real name....first...than.......they would ask for your nickname if its too long. ..or the person introduce you her/his real name...than he will automatic said..but my friends call me "insert nickname"

Your nickname could be given by your parents since birth........or your friend at school(no kidding)...and if you dislike the nickname from your friend...you just made one yourself.

The nickname could be from english words or thai. It could be from diffrent genre..like animals(if the animals not offended you lol), fruit(often), sport art(golf, ball,) etc.

last edited at Feb 18, 2015 10:32AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

If you think their names are weird. Goggle "Horrible Histories -Victorians names"

SpiderLilies2007
joined Jan 22, 2015

oh and Tom- Dee things.

There is a diffrent views between western and Thailand(i am not saying asian cause..i dont know about other asian country)

Western view on Tom Boy:
A girl who dress up a little bit boyish/acted also boyish..but doesnt have to be a lesbian. A TomBoy in western could be only fashion kind of thing.

while in Thailand is totally diffrent thing.

Tom are female ..act like man, dress like one, and likes only woman..but they dont call themself as lesbian(for us is the same thing)..I think western call these type of girls dykes?

Thai- LBGT-comunity is really weird..they put themself in a diffrent categories not just Gay, Lesbian Transgender

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Tom are female ..act like man, dress like one, and likes only woman..but they dont call themself as lesbian(for us is the same thing)..I think western call these type of girls dykes?

Butch seems a bit closer to what you're describing, although the strict butch-femme dynamic isn't as common as it was a few decades ago when it was the norm.

And then there's stone butch, which takes it even further to the point where she doesn't want to receive any sexual attention and only give it, on top of the more masculine presentation. There's a pretty famous novel, Stone Butch Blues from back in the early 90's on the concept.

Copy%20of%201363123155143
joined Feb 9, 2015

World Canvas preview

Kuru-sann/Godley Malabanan's DA

if you want to order online

Jee, I've been waiting for a yuri manga from our country and yet I've only heard of this now.
Must go to the bookstore now xO

Now if only someone would take it up for translation xD According to the author there was one group that was interested in doing that but I guess they gave up or something.

I'm willing to translate it! I have a copy but I don't have a scanner, so I don't know how I'll get it online.

joined Mar 25, 2013

World Canvas preview

Kuru-sann/Godley Malabanan's DA

if you want to order online

Jee, I've been waiting for a yuri manga from our country and yet I've only heard of this now.
Must go to the bookstore now xO

Now if only someone would take it up for translation xD According to the author there was one group that was interested in doing that but I guess they gave up or something.

I'm willing to translate it! I have a copy but I don't have a scanner, so I don't know how I'll get it online.

That's cool. You can go to a bookstore or something to scan it. Otherwise you can try at yuriproject and ask there how the best way to do it.

SpiderLilies2007
joined Jan 22, 2015

Butch seems a bit closer to what you're describing, although the strict butch-femme dynamic isn't as common as it was a few decades ago when it was the norm.

And then there's stone butch, which takes it even further to the point where she doesn't want to receive any sexual attention and only give it, on top of the more masculine presentation. There's a pretty famous novel, Stone Butch Blues from back in the early 90's on the concept.

well i think tom are ..what you said.......they doesnt want to recieve any sexual either..........but there is new tom as well........see where i am going too? ..XD it never end

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I just saw raws for chapter 7. You will love it! :D

joined Apr 3, 2012

What raws? Where did you find them? The site linked in this thread hasn't updated with a 7th chapter yet

Img000041
joined Oct 11, 2010

The names in this story remind me of Husky and Medley. Maybe the author of this story had a similar idea (handles instead of names).

THESE name are LEGIT......................Its not supposed to be funny at all. These name you will find a lot of people using it in Thailand.

"Golf, Ball, Jigsaw, Gung, Ice , Mae, Miuw, Ning, Nong , Moo, Ploy, etc "

this is a Thai- Manga so the name are diffrent than Japanese-name that you guys are used to. People in thailand often call each other by Nickname cause their real name is LONG. If its not formal....you will not hear people call you by your first name. Amongs friend or same age that you first met.......they will ask your real name....first...than.......they would ask for your nickname if its too long. ..or the person introduce you her/his real name...than he will automatic said..but my friends call me "insert nickname"

Your nickname could be given by your parents since birth........or your friend at school(no kidding)...and if you dislike the nickname from your friend...you just made one yourself.

The nickname could be from english words or thai. It could be from diffrent genre..like animals(if the animals not offended you lol), fruit(often), sport art(golf, ball,) etc.

Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to keep this in mind while reading this story, along with any other Thai stories I may come across.
I certainly wasn't attempting to make it sound like the names were jokes or anything, and if it came across that way, then I apologize.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

What raws? Where did you find them? The site linked in this thread hasn't updated with a 7th chapter yet

As I said before. Our group has a direct contact with the author ^^ so this is an adventage of beeing editor :D

joined Apr 3, 2012

Oh, I missed that. Lucky you! I patiently await future uploads.

joined Mar 23, 2013

That hamster is a qt, this isn't even a yuri story anymore for me.

joined Jul 2, 2013

Very proud of my country to be represented in the dynasty scan, a very international yuri community. This is a fine piece of works both in character designs and artistic style. Thailand may be lacking behind in legal recognition of the LGBTQ community, but these works inspire discussions and it's a good progress towards equality. ถ้าอยากได้คนช่วยแปลหรือตัดแต่งข้อความบอกได้นะคะ

Shingeki.no.kyojin.full.1508027
joined Aug 20, 2013

Ahh this is so sweet and the art soo beautiful! (^-^)

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

tomboys are hot! don't insult tomboys!

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013
Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

Chapter 7 raws are out http://beta.ookbeecomics.com/read-manga/Lily-Love-Chapter-7-Almost-Kiss/93/6/0?lang=th&mode=vertical :) (log in via FB to see full content)

Omg i wish i could read thai TToTT the gap between the translation and the raws is making me impatient lol. If anyone could read thai can you please translate what they talk about in the elevator that trigger an almost kiss scene? XD

mikuxlukafan102
Tumblr_nkhgjpodgl1ql4j0yo1_500
joined Mar 3, 2015

in Thailand women shouldn't smoke. It's not good.

No comment, just wtf. Don't want to read this now.

The scanlation seems kinda strange...
I think it means in Thailand you are not to sopose to smoke in public because I looked ot up.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Haha, oh god that was cute. I'm interested to know if that is indeed between 2 and 3 chapter or somewhere in the future.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I think "somewhere in the future", Ratana didn't say exactly when this happened ;) it's "special chapter" so it could be anywhere.

To reply you must either login or sign up.