Forum › Posts by Camio

joined Oct 16, 2013

I think half of this falls squarely on the media, particularly the cable news. Even the ones that are not outright lying did encourage this to be a horse race by not calling out lies, by making big deal out of the emailnothingburger, and so on.

And half of it might be that most people simply vote along their party line without really examining the candidates; it really seems to be all about feelings rather than logic. Or that white supremacy and misogyny are indeed very much alive and more popular than we thought.

joined Oct 16, 2013

A curious work. It's obviously meant to be kind of a rare 'treat' from the author, who usually do not write futa. That's why it has no plot and thus does not fit into any 'universe' the author has written for NicoxMaki.

I'd say it's a cute birthday present. :>

Camio
Lily Love discussion 17 Feb 21:16
joined Oct 16, 2013

Thanks for the information.
I personally do not find them silly, but was trying to figure out how they come like that.
That's interesting he, now I'm wondering if friends pick the nickname for you or you tell them how to call you?

Your parents would give you one when you were born. :) That's what you will always be called by your family members.

At school, you may be called by your 'real' nickname. Sometimes friends just shorten your real name and that becomes another nickname for you (like my friend, Sara). Sometimes certain event happened and it stuck and became your nickname (this is generally in good spirit, btw).

When I was in junior high, a friend called my home and asked for me by the nickname I was known as at school, my dad told them there was no such person in the house. (:3 」∠)

Camio
Lily Love discussion 17 Feb 20:07
joined Oct 16, 2013

It's kinda hard to take this manga seriously with all these silly names. Donut, Jigsaw, Ice, P'man, P'Golf.
I'm not making fun of it or anything but it's just a little funny to me.

Are the names also translated, instead of being given as they should be pronounced?
Like having "Real Princess chan" instead of "Maki (真姫) chan" in Love lives.
??

I haven't read the original (i.e in Thai), but those names are likely in the original, too. They are nicknames.

Thai people use nicknames almost exclusively when referring to their friends or acquaintances. In other words, we rarely use real names unless referring to a total stranger or in formal environment/occasions. I had a friend named "Sarawadee" (a very pretty name) and everyone simply called her "Sara" (pronounced very differently from Western name "Sarah", however).

Nicknames can be anything - fruits, sports, tangible things, intangible things, characteristics, onomatopoeia. They will sound highly silly to you. Unfortunately, no matter how fancy their real Thai names could have been, in settings such as university, they will hardly be mentioned.

joined Oct 16, 2013

^
Thanks for the info. That Mebae magazine seems to be released every 3-4 months!! Hopefully amazon japan sends email to nag me when her new yuri book is released, whenever that is.

joined Oct 16, 2013

This series is so charming and I'm glad it's getting some love. I bought the Japanese copies and they are very nice.

The author doesn't seem to have any new works; I wonder what is going on with him/her...