Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

joined Mar 21, 2017

Also, gonna put a better song for her to play instead of something from Radiohead (oh yeah, I said it).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFsuHFwEeqM

I think Malmsten might be a bit advanced for her.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Well, friend is a start!

joined Aug 26, 2022

Gg's

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

The greatest journey begins with a single step.

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

Also, gonna put a better song for her to play instead of something from Radiohead (oh yeah, I said it).

Fair enough. Let's start her out on a less intensive song to play, but still lyrically relevant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D3ubBtzXKc

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I'm fine with the friendship thing as long as it's just a step and not the end :p

Considering their relationship this far, it make sense for them to start by resolving the immediate issue and take it slow rather than just rushing into things. Remember that Oosawa was feeling kinda "betrayed" by Mitsuki the past few days (or weeks ?)

Yeah, if she went straight for the confession here, it might push Aya away. It is definitely baby steps, but that line about craving more isn't meaningless, either. She's had a taste now, I'm betting the crush is gonna flare back up in earnest.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Fair enough. Let's start her out on a less intensive song to play, but still lyrically relevant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D3ubBtzXKc

You picked the best song! Dude awesome. XD It is a good choice. Even I thought RadioHead was weak. Like what? She could've said it was Bon Jovi. "Cause I'm cowboy and on a steel horse I ride. I'm wanted (wanted), dead or alive."

"I tried to be discreet, but then I blow it again." (Died in your arms tonight - I know not Bon Jovi)

"Ooooooh we're halfway there! Ooooh living on a prayer. Take my hand. I'll make it our swear."

Anyway, I agree with the song choices especially the last one y'all come up with. Great choice! (Link replies)

Or like an apology song. That would've been alright too.
Like Cavetown - Talk to me
"You don't have to be a hero to save the world
It doesn't make you a narcissist to love yourself
It feels like nothing is easy, it'll never be
That's alright, let it out, talk to me."

https://youtu.be/PHV1wZ7tzoA

I mean ya know. It has a fitting title. And the guy is talking to a sad friend or girl in the song. Saying it's alright.
Then it could also have a meaning here of ,"Hey I fucked up and I'm sorry." And the main character has anxiety so it is a fitting song.

last edited at Nov 2, 2022 1:32PM

joined Mar 26, 2014

I'm fine with the friendship thing as long as it's just a step and not the end :p

Considering their relationship this far, it make sense for them to start by resolving the immediate issue and take it slow rather than just rushing into things. Remember that Oosawa was feeling kinda "betrayed" by Mitsuki the past few days (or weeks ?)

Yeah, if she went straight for the confession here, it might push Aya away. It is definitely baby steps, but that line about craving more isn't meaningless, either. She's had a taste now, I'm betting the crush is gonna flare back up in earnest.

I'm cool with it too.

But yeah I laughed. Oh yeah just "friends" sure we believe you LMAO.

But yeah too sudden for a confession yet.

If anything I think that the uh forgot her name Aya (gal who frequently goes to record store) that she may be the ome to confess later on. It would take part time (I'm bad at names) record store girl by surprise and it would be funny to see her reaction. Lol like "OH, OH so that's what that was. Flirting? Never heard of it."

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I'm cool with it too.

But yeah I laughed. Oh yeah just "friends" sure we believe you LMAO.

But yeah too sudden for a confession yet.

If anything I think that the uh forgot her name Aya (gal who frequently goes to record store) that she may be the ome to confess later on. It would take part time (I'm bad at names) record store girl by surprise and it would be funny to see her reaction. Lol like "OH, OH so that's what that was. Flirting? Never heard of it."

Well, Aya knows full well she was flirting, she overtly referred to it as a crush, and Mitsuki knew it was flirting. She overheard Aya talking about being in love with "Onii-san" and referred to Aya's advances as "romance" and "forward" She knows Aya was hitting on her. What she DOESN'T know if Aya will still be interested in that sense now that she knows that Mitsuki is a girl.

I think it's pretty clear at this point that Mitsuki is in love with Aya and knows it, and Aya's still got lingering feelings for Mitsuki, but might not know what they mean yet. They have to establish a new status quo before either of them can start to zero in on how the other feels.

(Also the parallel between these reactions is not coincidental: )

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_guy_she_was_interested_in_wasnt_a_guy_at_all_ch02#3

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_guy_she_was_interested_in_wasnt_a_guy_at_all_ch26#4

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

^^^^
I don’t think Mitsuki is in love with Aya yet. At least she is not aware of it. She references the whole situation as friendship issues, it is clear in her talks with Narita (Jerkface-kun). If romance was a factor, things would be much more complicated and she’d admit it to her confidant, even if they are not close — or we would at least have a thought from her indicating that she’s not 100% talking about friendship.
Mitsuki is dense. And your point is true: she thinks that Aya wouldn’t see her as a romantic option after knowing she’s a girl. So, why develop feelings? Mitsuki is not aware she also likes Aya, she doesn’t know it’s an option. Gloomy girl was too preoccupied with clearing out the misunderstanding and having a friend (or, as we see it, maintaining a relationship with someone who seems to really understand her — something special that she is only partly aware of).

joined Mar 26, 2014

^^^^
I don’t think Mitsuki is in love with Aya yet. At least she is not aware of it. She references the whole situation as friendship issues, it is clear in her talks with Narita (Jerkface-kun). If romance was a factor, things would be much more complicated and she’d admit it to her confidant, even if they are not close — or we would at least have a thought from her indicating that she’s not 100% talking about friendship.
Mitsuki is dense. And your point is true: she thinks that Aya wouldn’t see her as a romantic option after knowing she’s a girl. So, why develop feelings? Mitsuki is not aware she also likes Aya, she doesn’t know it’s an option. Gloomy girl was too preoccupied with clearing out the misunderstanding and having a friend (or, as we see it, maintaining a relationship with someone who seems to really understand her — something special that she is only partly aware of).

I agree with this. ^^^ 100%
You said something I've thought about too. Like to her because Aya didn't know she was a girl it was easier to talk to her, plus Aya's interests in both Mitsuki and records kept her coming back etc. Even the Uncle was confused by their interaction when Aya wrote her number on Mitsuki (not knowing she was a she)

I don't think it'll be too quick of a resolution then into dating situation. The characters and the story would suffer if this were the case. Like you've said Aya also had to realize it doesn't matter the gender because it was Mitsuki she was attracted to the whole time. That's the constant. Mitsuki even as a boy or a girl. She's had a thing for Mitsuki this whole time. Example: That time Mitsuki became a prince by doing a kaedon (can't spell but you know what I mean).

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_guy_she_was_interested_in_wasnt_a_guy_at_all_ch08#4

She blushed and thought she saw a hint of the record store guy (or something right?) on an entirely different occasion.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_guy_she_was_interested_in_wasnt_a_guy_at_all_ch04#4

So they're both kinda dense idiots LMAO

last edited at Nov 3, 2022 5:15AM

まだまだ終われません!笑
沢山の方に読んでいただけて、作者も2人も幸せ者です…本当にありがとうございます。
次の章が始まる前の今週は本編お休みですが、これからもよろしくお願いいたします!大好きです!

Y'all, what does this mean?? I'm getting conflicting reports in the comments saying the story is about to wrap up or that we're getting a new arc soon? Which is truth, or neither?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

まだまだ終われません!笑
沢山の方に読んでいただけて、作者も2人も幸せ者です…本当にありがとうございます。
次の章が始まる前の今週は本編お休みですが、これからもよろしくお願いいたします!大好きです!

Y'all, what does this mean?? I'm getting conflicting reports in the comments saying the story is about to wrap up or that we're getting a new arc soon? Which is truth, or neither?

Google says it's the latter.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I posted the image in the Images section, with the translation.

Much obliged!!

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

So they're both kinda dense idiots LMAO

PERFECT SUMMARY

joined Jan 31, 2020

So, i want to add my 2 cents to the story so far as a whole....

This story is kinda similar to Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl, in that its esentally a trans story but without actual trans characters. Mitsuki's situation feel kinda to me, as a transfem, like if a trans person didnt tell their potential new partner that theyre trans, for any of the diffrent reasons trans people sometimes act like that. Obviously, mitsuki isnt trans and probably wont be, but you get what im saying, right?

last edited at Nov 4, 2022 10:58AM

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Many thanks

joined Jun 27, 2022

Finally they made up and their relationship can develop properly. It would have made no sense for her to confess, she never once thought of her romantically so give it time

Screenshot2022-10-25_213938
joined Oct 21, 2022

"Radiohead... there's no way people here would know them"

LMAO

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

LMAO

Well, it’s Japan, so she’s not wrong…

Alan%20pequeno
joined Jun 20, 2022

LMAO

Well, it’s Japan, so she’s not wrong…

even outside of japan, yall would be surprised if you went to a high school today, people just hear pop songs, some may know the band names but probably never heard a single song; not saying that's bad btw, songs change with time obviously, or are you radiohead fans also jamming to Beethoven and complaining that kids these days don't know what is good music lol

last edited at Feb 16, 2023 12:12PM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Yeah people, I only know Radiohead by name! I wouldn't recognize any of the songs haha
Maybe I should go listen to them now lol!!!

joined Jan 6, 2017

I've never even heard the name. Though after checking them out I can see why. They suck ass

joined Nov 22, 2019

Huh, I just saw this extra on Twitter and noticed the joke was that Aya used "てば," which to my understanding is just a cutesy copulate like です and dosen't have a direct translation, and was curious to see how the translator worked around it. I feel like if I were to translate it I'd maybe have Aya say "I told you it was, like, totally this way" or something, and then have Mitsuki say"'like' she says" but I'd be curious to hear other people's ideas.

Also, I totally just noticed that Mitsuki is also taking a pic of Aya, lol. That's so cute

Omg they also having maching bags

I think they have pictures of eachother on the back of their phones too this image is so detailed

last edited at Nov 6, 2022 4:39AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.