Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Satsuki its kinda mentally broken now XD waiting for the next ch will be a torture

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

poor Satsuki is traumatized~~

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Seeing Satsuki so broken is one thing, but seeing the hurt, fear, and shock reflected in Akira's eyes is what drives things over the edge
She just wants to keep her friends safe ;__;

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Jan 2, 2022

What's this adorable creature?

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Anyone else thinks Seo's acting kinda sus lately

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

You know with how many times Miho has nearly died, maybe saving Komaki wasn't the problem?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Never thought I'd be glad for a beach episode

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

You know with how many times Miho has nearly died, maybe saving Komaki wasn't the problem?

yeah like there might be a death curse going around or whatever but also seems to me like Miho is just exceedingly careless she even started joking about how Satsuki was worrying over nothing no less than seconds after she almost died.

Fr7bgrpvcaamcjc%20(1)%20(1)-1%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Jul 9, 2021

Satsuki is just not well anymore...but I'm glad to see Akira back with her again, hopefully she can make Satsuki feel a bit better

Satsuaki
joined Oct 9, 2021

Love her or hate her, Miho can't stop being Miho. And while I can dream of a more intimate heart-to-heart between Satsuki and Akira, I'm satisfied every time she loses it thinking of losing Akira. Also glad Akira's feeling guilty and committed to being there for Satsuki more, even if it wasn't her fault. Not that I have a favorite ship in this or anything.

I debated putting a reference to Takahashi Kazuki in the credits, but it didn't feel right directly connecting it to the chapter. Still, he's going to be on a lot of people's minds with how the specifics of his death were only announced last week.

Takahashi Kazuki, the mangaka behind Yu-Gi-Oh!, died rescuing people from a rip current in July. Considering the beach trip has been set up since May's ch46 and a rip current is quick and easy to use for a death in a SoL chapter, I'd believe it's just coincidence and Ryouko had it in mind all along. Too bad this is probably the best we can hope for this volume as far as lighthearted SoL goes.

Also the dark heroine thing comes from the publisher themselves.

joined Mar 25, 2019

I just realized that the only explicitly gay character is dead

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

I just realized that the only explicitly gay character is dead

and she was so cute too...

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I thought Komachi would be a bigger character, but she pretty much disappeared

joined Oct 21, 2022

Beach chapter aside, I'm truly disappointed reading the comments and receptions regarding the villain back stories, way too many shallow opinions and almost no one here gets its point.

Do you people watch Joker and expect it to be a backstory to make you feel bad, sympathize with or to justify the villain actions ?? ABSOLUTELY NOT, that's not the point at all. This kind of Joker-like backstory is only meant to GIVE A REASON behind the villain actions, how they become who they are, and show what lead them to the twisted and irredeemable path they're on now, you are NOT supposed to understand or sympathize with them, cuz they're now bad people, but with a history, and once they break they can't go back, essentially like Joker.

Also, the backstory is very important because it prevents them from being like Dio, aka a garbage one-dimensional bad guy that only exists for the sake of being evil.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Also, the backstory is very important because it prevents them from being like Dio, aka a garbage one-dimensional bad guy that only exists for the sake of being evil.

I'm glad someone else recognizes the shitness of Dio

Images%20(2)
joined Jun 3, 2021

I'm sorry Dynasty I cheated on you and read the chapter somewhere else, couldn't wait anymore ;-;

last edited at Nov 18, 2022 3:11PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

It seems we will soon be getting Satsuki’s mother backstory. Because we’ve known for a long time already that her mom died in front of her from the flashbacks and she blames herself for this.

What's this adorable creature?

The actual villain of this arc

last edited at Nov 18, 2022 9:01PM

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

That was a great chapter. The most soothing part of this manga is when Akira's affection leads her to shout at Satsuki.

And 4 foreshadowing panels for Shiina and Seo. It looked like Shiina's lie detector pinged on Seo deflecting from manipulating Michinaga. Does Seo still have the gentler personality if she recalls participating in attempted murder, or is something else up with her? (She did take too long inflating the floaty before Shiina nearly drowned... not so adorable now is it?) How low will Shiina go? More death flags are always nice.

last edited at Nov 18, 2022 10:37PM

Fr7bgrpvcaamcjc%20(1)%20(1)-1%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Jul 9, 2021

This was a very sweet Satsuki and Akira moment, great chapter overall

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Fb_img_1685314561718
joined Mar 16, 2022

Ryouko-sensei, if Akira were this perfect, why should you have Komachi as the true heroine?

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

I think I understand why Satsuki’s hung up and guilty over her mom’s death now and so traumatized about death. I think her mom committed suicide, and to her she was able to see the signs both in her mom’s behavior and actions and the external signs from her power that her mom was slowly deteriorating into that conclusion. She feels guilt not because she didn’t only not try to save her, but rather pretended that she couldn’t see what was happening and acted as if things were alright when she knew it wasn’t. She was incapable of making attempts at trying to help her, and it would be hard to know what the right thing to do was, and that’s probably one of the most difficult type of death to stop or prevent because it relies solely on the individual.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Ryouko-sensei, if Akira were this perfect, why should you have Komachi as the true heroine?

Komachi was an early-chapter red herring. Akira x Satsuki is the real endgame here, but Komachi will be the final victim-villain of the whole story. In my opinion.

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Omg communication???

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Our hero Akira is here to comfort our poor Satsuki. Best legit friendship ever (which might turn into love idk).

To reply you must either login or sign up.