Forum › My Best Friend Who I Love Fell Completely in Love With My Vtuber Self discussion

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

This might be the first time I've ever seen a face down lap pillow that didn't involve violence to the recipient, or done as a joke. Then again this wasn't a true lap pillow so it might not count.

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

LOL I love the references to some Hololive V’s :)

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I've noticed a lot of series end with a chapter that shares the title of the series, but this chapter doesn't seem to conclude anything.

Just noticed what you were referring to and yeh, that's a mistake on Dynasty's part. The chapters don't have actual names (those are only really given to one page strips that aren't explicitly labelled as .5)

last edited at Sep 11, 2022 2:20PM

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

A comet ☄️

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Honestly, I don't think that after this page, anything can convince me that Sukoya doesn't already know who Teruko is.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Suicopath lol

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Why the double title here

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

omg the hololive referenceeeeee

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Susei used to use a voice changer?

joined May 10, 2015

No but she used to make her voice a little higher than natural, it's not a massive difference at least to me but noticeable when you go compare how she sounds directly.

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

kyou mou kawaii

joined Nov 21, 2018

No but she used to make her voice a little higher than natural, it's not a massive difference at least to me but noticeable when you go compare how she sounds directly.

To add on to that, the line in the panel is a direct reference to Suisei; she stopped using the higher-pitched "idol" voice after going to the doctor and learning that it was damaging her vocal cords. For someone who's as dedicated to singing as she is, using it any more would have been damaging.

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

On page 4 both of them have a very distinct shape in their eyes: an image of something. But I can't make out what.

Anyway, Sukoya continues to say just the right things to suggset that she knows the truth, but still periodically says/does things that indicate otherwise. I don't know what to think of this girl.

Nice cameos by Hololive girls. Suisei tends to be the go-to example of one who had to stop faking her voice due to how it was hurting her, though I seem to remember that a few of the others have done that as well.

last edited at Sep 12, 2022 3:27AM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

kyou mou kawaii

*chiisai

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

On page 4 both of them have a very distinct shape in their eyes: an image of something. But I can't make out what.

It's just fancy shading. Not terribly unusual eye designs for anime-style

kyou mou kawaii

*chiisai

*kowai

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Nice cameos by Hololive girls. Suisei tends to be the go-to example of one who had to stop faking her voice due to how it was hurting her, though I seem to remember that a few of the others have done that as well.

I always felt like Subaru was the best example. Nearly destroyed her throat talking in her old "Donald Duck" voice

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

I always felt like Subaru was the best example. Nearly destroyed her throat talking in her old "Donald Duck" voice

Are you sure you aren't mistaking her Blursed "Donald Duck" ASMR voice for her old voice?
I admit that Subaru did have a slight... for a lack of a better term, "duck-like" quality to it but that was never at the same level as her ASMR voice. As far as I remember, she never truly forced herself to do that. She mentioned that that was the effect of her trying to keep her voice's natural volume down.

Her "smartphone magic" voice is aother thing altogether though.

last edited at Sep 12, 2022 10:51AM

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

Since most Vtubers work with their peers, I'm hoping we see some side characters who know who she is since that'd be cool

joined May 3, 2014

still no progress on the romance what so ever :/

__fujiwara_no_mokou_and_houraisan_kaguya_touhou_drawn_by_ootsuki_wataru__abfa356e1066a80ad94144d78ad40e5f%20-%20copia
joined Sep 22, 2019

That poor dragon will have to keep the clumsy persona long after she gets over her stage fright problem. Typecasting be a cruel mistress.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

For those wondering, you can indeed hook up a Switch JoyCon to a PC via bluetooth and set it up as a side tool for certain art programs.

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

So I guess that means Doujima Taiga is part of a Vtuber company similar to Hololive or Nijisanji?

last edited at Oct 12, 2022 1:05PM

joined May 24, 2014

No way I'd fail, she said.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Ah yes, the classical Tiger vs. Dragon contrast. :-)

Also, Taiga is being unexpectedly wise here.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Wait, Taiga is part of an agency?

To reply you must either login or sign up.