Forum › Momoiro Trance discussion

joined Jun 17, 2020

a little annoyed that the "fat" character isnt chubby AT ALL....I really dont know if the artist cant draw chubby or thinks that having big boobs makes you fat...

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Not often you see the threesome tag without NSFW

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

a little annoyed that the "fat" character isnt chubby AT ALL....I really dont know if the artist cant draw chubby or thinks that having big boobs makes you fat...

The idea would be to at least pretend to have read the first chapter next time.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Hahaha

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

Go ahead, call the police

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

What did I just read? I thought it was just a going to be a comedy of the three having a secret crush on her and doting on her. Then it escalated very quick. I am very curious of the police girl now as she just stood there and did nothing lol.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

What are you even trying to say with that? There’s only one chapter to read at this point.

joined Jan 22, 2015

This does that annoying thing American comics do, where a word is bolded to emphasize it. Like why? It's so jarring in script.

joined Jun 8, 2020

foursome and harem

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

This does that annoying thing American comics do, where a word is bolded to emphasize it. Like why? It's so jarring in script.

Japanese manga dialogue does actually have a similar system for emphasising certain words, albeit their method is to add furigana dots next to them (I dunno if there's a technical term).

joined May 29, 2021

What are you even trying to say with that? There’s only one chapter to read at this point.

I mean the climax of the chapter was the girl's literally playing with the President's body fat, so I think accusing the person complaining of not reading the chapter is pretty valid.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

American comics don't bold to emphasize, they bold to mimic speech patterns and control how the line sounds out loud. Which are, admittedly, not universal. But when you're translating into a target language, you try to choose a consistent voice and and stay natural to that voice. In American comics case nowadays, it's to match American TV, but you can't just emphasize anything in a sentence.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

... im a bit confused

joined Jan 22, 2015

American comics don't bold to emphasize, they bold to mimic speech patterns and control how the line sounds out loud. Which are, admittedly, not universal. But when you're translating into a target language, you try to choose a consistent voice and and stay natural to that voice. In American comics case nowadays, it's to match American TV, but you can't just emphasize anything in a sentence.

Thanks for the explanation (Goggled Anon too). I suspect part of the reason I find bolding offputting is that I started my reading in novels, then migrated to comics.

I also don't watch TV, which would make speech patterns in comics foreign to me.

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

Feels like I experienced a lot in not so many pages, or rather, like I jumped into chapter 20 without looking at previous chapters? Anyhow, pretty interesting, looking forward to seeing more.

joined Jun 17, 2020

I mean the climax of the chapter was the girl's literally playing with the President's body fat, so I think accusing the person complaining of not reading the chapter is pretty valid.

Yeah that's valid, my bad, I was too annoyed to read more than a few pages. That's what I get for commenting my frustrations instead of keeping it myself lol

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Yeah that's valid, my bad, I was too annoyed to read more than a few pages. That's what I get for commenting my frustrations instead of keeping it myself lol

Well, I did read it, and she’s only “fat” in the loosest and meanest interpretation of the word.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

The way I read it is they didn't actually say she was fat but it's more that she was gonna get fat if she kept eating without exercise. That's why the line was, "Do you want to turn into a pork bun?"

Something like that. So it was like a pre-emptive diet thing.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Which is weird that they added the Chubby tag to begin with

allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

idk i'd call a mass of fat enough to massage like that pretty chubby ... guess we all have different standards

joined Aug 29, 2019

idk i'd call a mass of fat enough to massage like that pretty chubby ... guess we all have different standards

I think it's just portrayed inconsistently. Her "general" appearance is no more chubby than any other moe blob, it's only when it's used as a plot device that you even notice it. She's not drawn particularly skinny, but also not so chubby that it stands out as a trait.
That kinda goes for a lot of manga with the "chubby" tag, both here and elsewhere.

joined Jun 11, 2016

The way I read it is they didn't actually say she was fat but it's more that she was gonna get fat if she kept eating without exercise. That's why the line was, "Do you want to turn into a pork bun?"

Something like that. So it was like a pre-emptive diet thing.

You're right because she definitely isn't fat, it's just that she will be fat if she continues eating like that without exercising.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

Horny police getting called.

the ending joke kinda reminds me of a touhou doujin

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

ah yes, comedy

De00e7f3-5d55-4e3c-951c-ebac52dc90c4_1_102_o
joined Jul 14, 2021

i mean it's a good way to lose weight right

To reply you must either login or sign up.