Forum › After School Re-Reincarnation! discussion

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I think this is getting better now that it is introducing new characters and exploring the world more.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

A little triggered because she said "the sun and a star" but okay.

I like vampire chan

LMAO with the bots

To be fair, while yes the Sun is a star, there's a VAST difference in the kind of light we perceive from them. And Utaho doesn't shine so much as sparkle, like a star in the darkness, fitting with her thematics.

joined May 30, 2020

Considering I loved the Author's other work "Hero-san and former General-san". I'm looking forward to reading this one too!

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

That page with the characters recreating the meme was good lol. I am curious how this 3 way battle as I wonder if the MC will realize the other two will probably fight each other more intensely and so she can sit back and just wait.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

That page with the characters recreating the meme was good lol.

Incidentally, Sometime's original draft for the page was going to feature more lifelike depictions of foreigners (If it wasn't already obvious, the title is a reference to compilations of Overseas Reactions to Smash Bros. trailers), but the editor thought it might be a bit too much for Kirara readers so they went with the IGN meme template instead.

Blushy%20(1)
joined Jun 14, 2022

Considering I loved the Author's other work "Hero-san and former General-san". I'm looking forward to reading this one too!

I thought this had the tinge of something familiar. I adored Hero-san and Former General-san and I was already really liking this..can't wait for more :3

joined Jan 28, 2022

A little triggered because she said "the sun and a star" but okay.

I like vampire chan

LMAO with the bots

To be fair, while yes the Sun is a star, there's a VAST difference in the kind of light we perceive from them. And Utaho doesn't shine so much as sparkle, like a star in the darkness, fitting with her thematics.

"a sun and a distant star" would have made more sense imo

joined May 3, 2014

well, I see no subtext tag T^T at whatever, I did like the Hero and ex-general manga but I guess this one ain’t even subtext T^T

joined Jan 18, 2016

Eh?

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

At least now we know that when pressed, the answer is yes

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

well, I see no subtext tag T^T at whatever, I did like the Hero and ex-general manga but I guess this one ain’t even subtext T^T

I guess the author read your comment and decided to create this extra in response. Now we know one of them is okay with dating, and the other one is okay with dating for benefits.
Btw, the record for fastest breakup is just merely 3 seconds.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

hahaha, ten out of ten on the extra chapter. Just amazing baiting on the author's part. This is so funny I'm not even mad hahaha.

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

omg, omg, that is so cruel lmao

joined Oct 5, 2022

I think this is getting better now that it is introducing new characters and exploring the world more.

Yes, I the one who hated this one now seem to be starting to love it more and more.

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

Aww, we missed Elulu’s birthday.

joined Jan 18, 2016

Two new members have joined the party!
And one of them seems to have a thing for Melua.

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

I'm surprised there's still no yuri tag. This is by the same sometime who made "Hero-san and former General-san" and we can judge by that work what she likes to write. Never mind right now, but if you think about the future of these characters the story can only go in one direction.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I never finished that one. Gotta get back to it someday.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Ooooh, more Kamen Rider references:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/after_school_re_reincarnation_ch10#5

That card gun is VERY similar to KR Diend's Diendriver from KR Decade. Also the Spirit Golem is clearly inspired by old-school mecha anime (and more modern revivals of that like SSSS.Gridman which this specifically reminds me of).

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

That card gun is VERY similar to KR Diend's Diendriver from KR Decade. Also the Spirit Golem is clearly inspired by old-school mecha anime (and more modern revivals of that like SSSS.Gridman which this specifically reminds me of).

Huh. I figured that was supposed to be a Yu-Gi-Oh reference.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Huh. I figured that was supposed to be a Yu-Gi-Oh reference.

Cards are how the Riders in Decade (aired in 2009) transform and also activate their powers. Tsukasa Kadoya, the main rider uses a belt called "Decadriver", and Daiki Kaito, the secondary Rider uses a gun-shaped tool named "Diendriver". By loading cards collected from other Riders, both can utilize their powers, which for Diend includes summoning monsters.

Another KR series involving a card motif is Kamen Rider Blade (aired 2004) and it also features a gun with cards, the Garren Rouzer used by Kamen Rider Garren, but since the function here is closer to the Diendriver's, I think this is what sometime was referencing.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Only sometime would design a character with a DiEnd gun that shoots out Yu-Gi-Oh monsters as an excuse to draw mechs that transform into motorbikes in an isekai series. Also the girl's name is freakin' Seto.

last edited at Oct 25, 2022 11:58AM

joined Mar 11, 2020

The Height differences, lmao

100235303_p0co
joined Jan 17, 2017

I am not sure if her motif is Kamen Rider DiEnd reference or Kamen Rider Zolda reference
Also that 'SORE WA DOU KANA' wwww

To reply you must either login or sign up.