Forum › I Became a Slave in Another World (pien) and to make matters worse, My Master is a Black-Hearted Elf Queen! (But She’s Super Hot. (note: v. impt.)) I’m Pretty Useless, So I’m Getting Barked At Left, Right, and Centre, but the ORC I’m rooming with is [...] discussion

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

You know you are dealing with the good stuff when the first chapter has 4 pages of comments

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

thank you ogey rrat for the highest quality translation

joined Jul 8, 2019

insane amounts of title

This needs to be added

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

honestly im more shocked at how many people in the comments dont like 4koma

Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

I expected a shitpost, but this turned out to be a shitpost I really enjoyed and hope there's a lot more of. And that it's going to become even more of a dumpster fire. I'm here for it

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

DivineAlexandra posted:

I expected a shitpost, but this turned out to be a shitpost I really enjoyed and hope there's a lot more of. And that it's going to become even more of a dumpster fire. I'm here for it

Sadly there's no smarthphone here so it can't be the shittiest shitpost

joined Aug 27, 2021

Is... Is it illegal to think this orc is cute???

joined Jun 25, 2021

I love how the title at the top of the page gradually becomes more and more squished so that it all fits

Titles like this should be the only titles we ever get

big agree

There's also the fact that's really reaaaaaaaaaally hard to take this story seriously

well, you're not supposed to

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

that title...it's ridiculous but awesome LOL

joined Mar 13, 2022

Wow, Manga Time Kirara nowadays is wild

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Would it be appropriate to create a Truck-kun tag at this point? Apart from this first chapter, the old workhorse appears in at least three others in person and is mentioned by name in two more.

joined Dec 13, 2020

You know you are dealing with the good stuff when the first chapter has 4 pages of comments

Insane amounts of comments

The chapter is just half a dozen pages of 4-koma strips, and yet the reaction is so humongous...

The last time I saw this happen was with 'The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All' which had similar momentum. Now that most people have gotten tired of that thing, maybe they will all flock here to make this manga the new "in" trend of the forum.

If it also updates weekly, it'd be just perf. ;)

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Looks like it'll be funny, though the title didn't prepare me. She should get with the "Doing xxx to Different Species" gal.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I'm kinda shocked at how many people are taking what is essentially a shitpost manga so seriously.

joined Dec 13, 2020

I'm kinda shocked at how many people are taking what is essentially a shitpost manga so seriously.

Yeah in 'The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All' too there were lots of messages complaining about this lol.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Yeah in 'The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All' too there were lots of messages complaining about this lol.

Yeah, I'll admit I kinda stopped looking at the thread for that for the most part cause a lot of the discussions that popped up in there were a wee bit over the top and, honestly, annoying as hell.

Stingray
joined Dec 4, 2020

In the tradition of Japanese media, the title is also a full synopsis of the doujin.

Afterschooljpgg
joined Jan 9, 2021

To me, the only joke that worked was that "DYNAMIC" one. The rest was just painfully unfunny and boring. I haven't read any real isekai in years, but the tropes and making fun of the tropes is still as tired as ever.

But the long title is the funniest thing I have seen in my life XD my eyes popped out of my head when I saw that there were so many words I started coughing up blood and threw up on the carpet haha I really think they should make more titles that long like really just instead of a title like "Adachi to Shimamura" just paste the entire first volume in there as the title so you don't even have to click on it to read the whole thing which would make it so wholesome or alternativeley just have the title be a sketchy ass bitly link to goatse, transforming your failed attempt at comedy into a new milestone for the entertainment industry, the resulting publicity being an overall detrement to your mental well-being only compensated by increasing levels of Slice of Life-consumption, which is known to be deadly in higher dosages.

9/10 it has a little something for everyone

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

Serenata posted:

FluffyCow posted:

Ha ha, isn't slavery so f***ing funny and hot, lol. This kinda crap is why I despise isekai.

"slave" is literally right there at the beginning of the title
did you click on it just to complain about the genre lmao

Yes I did, although I did read it and the contents are just as trash as the title. Only half decent thing was the orc.

Yeah, some lucky people find this to be a "fun inversion of a dumb trope", but this premise itself is also a dumb trope that's been done to death.

Can't be helped I guess, Isekai has been so thoroughly mined as a subject that you've got MC hot springs and vending machines.

Still, I'd love to blacklist the word "Slave", really sick of it.

Yeah I see this series having a pretty big divide. Since there's plenty of people like yourself that despise every Isekai with every fiber of their being, and then people like me that don't mind some Isekai and find meta spins like this to be mildly amusing.

There's also the fact that's really reaaaaaaaaaally hard to take this story seriously, unlike some of the edgy harem animes out there trying to make sense of it to justify the self insert, this one doesn't even try because it's self aware of how dumb it is, that's like the whole point.

>comedy
>Hard to take this story seriously
Um..... This is an oxymoron. Why the hell are you trying to take a comedy seriously? I'd like to think of an analogy, but taking a comedy seriously is pretty much the best analogy I can think of for this....
It shouldn't have to be said and I never thought I'd have to say it, but...
COMEDIES AREN'T SERIOUS. THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY....

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

You misunderstood my stance, I'm not trying to take this seriously or any of the settings, not even the characters, is a parody of the genre, is OBVIOUS just with the title and the content makes fun of every cliche in isekai... No one is supposed to take this as an example of yuri, isekai or fantasy work.

What I meant is that despite everything listed above, people are still taking it seriously, despite the warning sings in the title and tags, they willingly went to read it anyway and for no one's surprise... They did not like it ! so I'm baffled at how hard they try to get mad.

last edited at Sep 27, 2022 2:35PM

joined Aug 26, 2022

This is painful yet somewhat funny

joined Nov 21, 2018

In the tradition of Japanese media, the title is also a full synopsis of the doujin.

This happens a lot with isekai in particular because they're published online and have to compete with a million other cheaply-published series, so they end up trying to cram a synopsis into the title to catch people's eyes. It's just another thing to parody in this case.

61f8f9de6afa98bcb0f186a1_736_640_20945%20(1)
joined Mar 25, 2021

wtf am i reading?

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

wtf am i reading?

A story about how a cute Orc woman gets a harem of course.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

"A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence" seems like a normal title now.

To reply you must either login or sign up.