Forum › I Became a Slave in Another World (pien) and to make matters worse, My Master is a Black-Hearted Elf Queen! (But She’s Super Hot. (note: v. impt.)) I’m Pretty Useless, So I’m Getting Barked At Left, Right, and Centre, but the ORC I’m rooming with is [...] discussion

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

The title is far more entertaining than the content itself, unfortunately. That felt like a slog to read.

Especially the way they squished it into the top of every odd-numbered page. Mad respect to ogey rrat for the effort. Not my thing though.

Oh god, I didn't even notice that. That's hilarious.

Cursed

joined Oct 27, 2018

Ha ha, isn't slavery so f***ing funny and hot, lol. This kinda crap is why I despise isekai.

"slave" is literally right there at the beginning of the title
did you click on it just to complain about the genre lmao

Yes I did, although I did read it and the contents are just as trash as the title. Only half decent thing was the orc.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

What the fuck title am I reading? and Wholesome orc

last edited at Sep 26, 2022 11:33PM

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

What the fuck is this title

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

this feels like a parody oneshot, which like it's not bad at it.

That's the same feeling I got from it. It's an inversion of the whole creepy "I got reincarnated into another world and ended up with sexy elf waifu slaves who adore me for no good reason" trope.

Yeah I feel like some people aren't understanding that this is taking various Isekai tropes, title included, and making an absurd self aware parody style gag series out of it. It's intentionally taking the piss and a shitpost lol

Illustration2
joined Sep 25, 2021

I am enjoying this, and the translation is hilarious too. Subscribed!

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

the title isn't long enough tbh

Img_20220130_193622_369-min
joined Feb 11, 2021

Omg... I've fallen in love with Spica

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Look at the width of the collar.

Now look at the size and shape of that head.

Spica-chan, listen to me: gently remove that stupid collar and RUN!

joined Sep 27, 2017

Look at the width of the collar.

Now look at the size and shape of that head.

Spica-chan, listen to me: gently remove that stupid collar and RUN!

Spin-off series about Spica's journey home when?

joined Aug 2, 2020

Ha ha, isn't slavery so f***ing funny and hot, lol. This kinda crap is why I despise isekai.

Yes I did, although I did read it and the contents are just as trash as the title. Only half decent thing was the orc.

Yeah, some lucky people find this to be a "fun inversion of a dumb trope", but this premise itself is also a dumb trope that's been done to death.

Can't be helped I guess, Isekai has been so thoroughly mined as a subject that you've got MC hot springs and vending machines.

Still, I'd love to blacklist the word "Slave", really sick of it.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Wasn't expecting Monty Python references in a credits page.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well. Title's funny. Some of the premise bits are funny. And of course the credit page is funny 'cause it's from a classic.
The actual execution of the comedy is a bit iffy . . . dialogue lacks a certain snap, gets a bit repetitive. But I'd read a couple more chapters.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Yeah, some lucky people find this to be a "fun inversion of a dumb trope", but this premise itself is also a dumb trope that's been done to death.

Can't be helped I guess, Isekai has been so thoroughly mined as a subject that you've got MC hot springs and vending machines.

Yeah I see this series having a pretty big divide. Since there's plenty of people like yourself that despise every Isekai with every fiber of their being, and then people like me that don't mind some Isekai and find meta spins like this to be mildly amusing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

FluffyCow posted:

Yeah I see this series having a pretty big divide. Since there's plenty of people like yourself that despise every Isekai with every fiber of their being, and then people like me that don't mind some Isekai and find meta spins like this to be mildly amusing.

There's also the fact that's really reaaaaaaaaaally hard to take this story seriously, unlike some of the edgy harem animes out there trying to make sense of it to justify the self insert, this one doesn't even try because it's self aware of how dumb it is, that's like the whole point.

joined Sep 27, 2017

There's also the fact that's really reaaaaaaaaaally hard to take this story seriously, unlike some of the edgy harem animes out there trying to make sense of it to justify the self insert, this one doesn't even try because it's self aware of how dumb it is, that's like the whole point.

Very much this. The whole "oh crap I've been hit by the generic Isekai trope truck, shucks" as one example haha

joined Mar 25, 2015

Props to the tl for the beautiful phrasing “stuffed and fluffed”

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Liked, shared and subscribed

joined Aug 2, 2020

I don't dislike isekai though, If I was I'd blacklist isekai and be done with it. As it is I'm practically addicted to it.

There's plenty of stories that that are perfectly fine like "I Favor the Villainess", "Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess!", "The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady", and "After School Re-Reincarnation!".

I just can't stand how normalized slavery is in the genre overall that I've seen while slogging through the trash trying to find the alright stuff.

joined Feb 4, 2019

Titles like this need to be illegal. Hell, it's not even a title, it's a whole-ass thesis. My gods

joined Sep 27, 2017

I don't dislike isekai though, If I was I'd blacklist isekai and be done with it. As it is I'm practically addicted to it.

There's plenty of stories that that are perfectly fine like "I Favor the Villainess", "Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess!", "The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady", and "After School Re-Reincarnation!".

I just can't stand how normalized slavery is in the genre overall that I've seen while slogging through the trash trying to find the alright stuff.

Well fair enough, I often see a LOT of hate for Isekai and people that hate watch/read the genre, so that's what I was thinking. Also main thing here is that it feels intentionally meta with how it's mocking the slave trope that occurred in popular series like Shield Hero, where this 4koma manga flips it by having the Isekai'd person be a slave instead of the slave owner. The whole thing is very aware of the Isekai genre and how she was discussing it back on Earth, then she was going "oh my god it's just like the Isekai where I can get an elf slave!", only for her to be the elf's slave instead. So the whole thing is just lightly amusing in it's nonsense and trope mockery to me, but also fair if people don't want anything to do with media that has slavery in any capacity.

last edited at Sep 27, 2022 3:21AM

Img_20230814_172928
joined Jul 17, 2022

too long wth

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Yeah, this feels like a pretty obvious parody takedown of the whole unfortunate Slave trend. I'm no isekai fan myself, and I hate the gross incel-y trend set by Shield Hero and the like, so I enjoy how this looks to be setting out to shred that stuff.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

lol, that title is something else xD ty for the short version of the title Marion, can use that to post this to r/manga xD

Probably better to go with Baka-Updates: "Watashi, Isekai de Dorei ni sarechaimashita" - "I was enslaved in another world"

If it does get a real abbreviation it will be something like WataSarechai.

56756a8ca295773eef97b31175f282b3
joined Sep 8, 2020

Yeah, I'll be honest. The only reason I could get through this story was because the main character is clearly a terrible person, so the schadenfreude of the whole situation was fine for a one-shot. It's also clearly mocking the whole isakai premise, not that that means much these days. Overall, short of this literally turning into a hentai, I can't see this not turning into a dumpster fire by the end of a second chapter.

Oh, if you're wondering why I said the main character is a terrible person, if a person from modern times shows any reaction to a slave trader other than disgust, confusion, or denial that is concerning. If they are enthusiastic or try to make a deal with a slave trader, they are a disgusting monster. No exceptions.

To reply you must either login or sign up.