Forum › Posts by Gyoshi

Gyoshi
J<->M discussion 03 Jun 19:57
joined Mar 25, 2015

That Umaru reference perfectly handled by the translator (insert Norwegian flag emoji)

last edited at Jun 3, 2023 7:59PM

joined Mar 25, 2015

Huh what is this godtier typsetting??

Gyoshi
joined Mar 25, 2015

There's just some inherent shame and shaming of getting darker skin, that's from colorism. Though this story does seem to use colorism as more of a metaphor. It has clearly harmed Keika, keeping her isolated from the world, and I would argue that has harmed her more than any damage from the sun.

Thanks for the informative and insightful comment skelly85

Gyoshi
joined Mar 25, 2015

That was really cool. I’m excited for this series; Tsubomi was always my favorite anthology.

Also, jesus christ people this had nothing to do with racism or classism. The word “black” referring to skin was translated a bit overly literally; it just means “very tanned” in Japanese.

joined Mar 25, 2015

It’s kind of funny but Kafka (Kafuka) is a much cuter-sounding name in Japanese...It is reminiscent of fuka-fuka meaning fluffy

joined Mar 25, 2015

Props to the tl for the beautiful phrasing “stuffed and fluffed”

joined Mar 25, 2015

Older than she looks, not younger right?

joined Mar 25, 2015

TeruMoko is eternal

Gyoshi
joined Mar 25, 2015

I am subtextually attracted to semicolons.

joined Mar 25, 2015

“Noah San” makes complete sense if you write it as “Noir 酸” meaning something like ‘carbonated black’

joined Mar 25, 2015

Why do we have separate Prostitution and Pay For Gay tags? I could see it if we had any het prostitution stories but that wasn't the case here.

Distinguishing between het prostitution and gay prostitution should be done with two separate tags anyway imo.

Pay for Gay came later as a joke/reference to Gay for Pay, right? It does seem pretty redundant with Prostitution in practice, whereas Gay for Pay clearly has the benefit of demarcating when someone not explicitly homosexual partakes in gay prostitution.