Forum › Posts by Lyricanna

Lyricanna
56756a8ca295773eef97b31175f282b3
joined Sep 8, 2020

Heck, putting miso inside a thermos just makes sense. You don't even need to remove the lid as you would for soup if it's a coffee/tea thermos; miso is thin enough. I mean sure putting soup in one of those long thermoses is a bit unusual, but not that remarkably so. It keeps the soup nice and warm without having to reheat it, then you just pour it into a bowl when you have your lunch.

joined Sep 8, 2020

I'm wondering if the love potion only works on the people you already have romantic feelings for, or alternatively could reasonably have feelings for.

Also our idiot protagonist apparently has more to her than just being a lying scumbag.

joined Sep 8, 2020

... fifty love interests? the hell kind of VN is this?

anyway, I'm hyped that they finally, finally, managed to open up about their feelings. I was worried a VS window would pop up between them right before they kissed or something.

Speaking of, the the aftereffects of the succubus blood will wear off eventually, right? How is the VS going to adapt to things going so far off its rails?

A gatcha game with a budget on par with Genshin, apparently. Also likely a word count to put Arknights and Girls' Frontline to shame.

last edited at Dec 12, 2022 6:17AM

joined Sep 8, 2020

To be fair to Yvonne with everyone mentioning how long it took her, she did almost unwillingly murder Elsa a few times. If you really think about it, the stabbing incident on the beach is incredibly traumatic. Her hesitancy makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, there's a reason why I never considered Yvonne to be particularly dense. Sure she has her moments, like her complete inability to recognize Elsa was describing her in what she wants in a future suiter, but overall her main holdup is her inability to acknowledge her feelings for Elsa. Anytime Elsa said she was in love with her or did something that made her affection undeniable, Yvonne would immediately justify it away and forget that it happened. Any time she started to feel romantically attracted to Elsa, she'd bottle up those emotions and deny their existence.

The stabbing incident is what really traumatized her though. Prior to that, while she was still denying her feelings such denials were gradually becoming weaker and weaker over time. However, the stabbing incident and the subsequent realization that the Villanous Systems would just keep escalating until it forces her to kill Elsa absolutely terrified her. Her mind mentally paired accepting those feelings with Elsa getting hurt So she doubled down on the denials.

Elsa had to be kept safe -- because Yvonne genuinely loves her and can not bear the thought of her being hurt -- and as long as Elsa is near her, she's in danger. Nothing else mattered, no matter what Elsa said or Yvonne's feelings on the matter, Elsa's safety came first. As you can imagine, this line of thinking REALLY messed Yvonne up.

This downward spiral basically continued until the Villainous System itself changed. Suddenly, Yvonne's entire mentality breaks down, as her being close to Elsa no longer seems to be an inherent danger to her. After that, she's mostly coasting by on inertia, no longer concerned that her presence is an immediate danger to Elsa, yet still paranoid and overprotective of her. She's basically denying her feelings out of habit, rather than from her mental coping, thus leading to some of the rather comedic moments we've had as of late.

Only for us to get to the Love Potion, and thus here we are.

joined Sep 8, 2020

Yeah, I'll be honest. The only reason I could get through this story was because the main character is clearly a terrible person, so the schadenfreude of the whole situation was fine for a one-shot. It's also clearly mocking the whole isakai premise, not that that means much these days. Overall, short of this literally turning into a hentai, I can't see this not turning into a dumpster fire by the end of a second chapter.

Oh, if you're wondering why I said the main character is a terrible person, if a person from modern times shows any reaction to a slave trader other than disgust, confusion, or denial that is concerning. If they are enthusiastic or try to make a deal with a slave trader, they are a disgusting monster. No exceptions.

joined Sep 8, 2020

^ Wait a minute, I have been seeing this as a parody all along. I'm curious as to why you guys don't think so.

The series feels like it's playing too many of the tropes straight to be a good parody. A good parody requires both a love or the source and a willingness to poke fun at the source material.

While I can tell the author is writhing this from a place of love, at times certain tropes feel almost sacred and beyond criticism.Some tropes are played straight for the sake of playing them straight, without adding anything to the original trope. Many common tropes are merely lampshaded, no letting reality ensue or looking at what a trope like this would actually imply.

That said, a whole lot of this manga reads like its trying to be a parody, only just missing the mark. Watanabe kinda rockets past being a relatable otaku and ends up being just a terrible person. It's a fun comparison to the popular "villainous" MC's, as the girl actually is as manipulative and selfish as they often are supposed to be. Yoshioka basically steals the show as the eventual protagonist, as readers kinds stop caring about Watanabe's current obsession and instead are rooting for Yoshioka to ruin the plans just enough to make progress with her crush.

If I had to pick a singular problem, it's that the whole setting feels too close to Watanabe's perfect, vanilla yuri paradise, even when we aren't seeing things from her perspective.

joined Sep 8, 2020

One cold easily get confused about who is doing the bullying here... :D

Please Don't Bully Me, Miss Heroine!

Lyricanna
joined Sep 8, 2020

To be fair, several of the manga with similar themes that came out after this one did had far worse issues. (Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku comes to mind with its really bad ending). At worst, I'd say Sazanami Cherry had an ignorant author or a bad translation. Personally, I'd say it was both with most of the fault being on the translation; the strange pronoun usage and constant use of the word "trap" to me feels more like a fault with the translator being bad.