Forum › Kami eshi JK to OL fujoshi discussion

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

Oh gosh, thank you so much for these! It was really nice to check in on these two again, and see them being cute as ever. Really miss them!

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Those extras are super cute. When the wackiness is toned down like this it's easier to enjoy all this pure goodness

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

I seriously need NSFW extras. I'm rolling in my bed imagining Misumi would be the top and Ai be the bottom, reverse is good too. Or some wholesome mixed with tongue-rolling kisses is good too.

Well, now that the extras are here, it looks like you were 100% correct.

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

oh my, now that is kinky

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Oh, it was a monologue, just not an internal monologue. Silly gal.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

These extras were wonderful, Misumi buying clothes she thinks would fit Ai is adorable. And who knew she would be the top? I wish we had more of them though.

Thanks for the translations Dalphie.

joined Jul 28, 2020

Thanks a lot for translating this blessed extras.
That last kne was pretty kinky (//ω//)

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This isn't a big, troubling age gap like Yuzumori-san or Be Careful, Oneesan! which makes it more plausible. It reminds me a little of that het series where the coworkers are both otaku and a little Asperger's-like. At any rate, their passion is a good glue to bind them. I still want the OL to write manga and the JK goddess to draw them.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Happy I could bring you these, guys! YW!!!

I loved having a final(?) occasion to work on some content with Aizawa x Misumi! It's really cool that we get a prelude to something naughty in that last one, hahaha!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Happy I could bring you these, guys! YW!!!

I loved having a final(?) occasion to work on some content with Aizawa x Misumi! It's really cool that we get a prelude to something naughty in that last one, hahaha!

Your collaborator mentioned how fun it was to work with you. Thank you for your hard work. I'm at the phase where I search out raws and look at the translation process, which teaches me a lot of Japanese subtleties.

Rereading this, I finally notice how often the JK talks about how beautiful the OL is. That's clearly a big part of their relationship. Probably once her parents accepted their otaku daughter is also into women, when they actually met the OL and saw what a rare beauty she was, they decided they wouldn't be able to persuade the JK to drop her.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

After re-reading it, I finally noticed that the two of them wear an identical matching ring on their left ring finger at the final chapter, after living together for one year. If anything, I could have been sweetened to death.

joined Jul 23, 2014

The extras, so precious!!

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

That was a great series and cuter than I expected! I about lost it when I realised they have rings in the last chapter, I'm so glad for them!

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

So I just finished chapter 10. And I sympathize with Misumi feelings towards ai, but not vice versa. Maybe cuz I don't tend to find younger people attractive... But also I'm wondering like I'm 33 and like... liking a minor is not okay.

That said! Maybe I only feel that way because all the older people I've talked to said that they can't like me back. Maybe we've passed this bias on for generations for better or worse.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

So I just finished chapter 10. And I sympathize with Misumi feelings towards ai, but not vice versa. Maybe cuz I don't tend to find younger people attractive... But also I'm wondering like I'm 33 and like... liking a minor is not okay.

That said! Maybe I only feel that way because all the older people I've talked to said that they can't like me back. Maybe we've passed this bias on for generations for better or worse.

I totally sympathize with both :) I remember liking some of my senpais in life when I was young, but I also liked many girls younger than me, and it just stayed that way for all my life so far.

last edited at Oct 1, 2022 12:14PM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kami_eshi_jk_to_ol_fujoshi_ch13#10

... Ah this is why I'm a crappy adult. I mean I know, but it's always a good reminder.

Damn it, I can't do anything in my life without the motivation of it being for someone else either! Why are me and Misumi like this?!

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kami_eshi_jk_to_ol_fujoshi_ch14#19

^I'd feel the same

last edited at Oct 2, 2022 12:39PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I still have yet to read the extras. I really gotta check them sometime.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I think I come off to people the way Yoshioka does. I seem like I'm annoyed, or I'm really straightforward or harsh seemingly, but it's because I care a lot. Like stop being an idiot and take care of yourself dang it! I dunno; love the character though.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kami_eshi_jk_to_ol_fujoshi_ch16#3

Simultaneously though, I'm like Ai and need to spew all my feels, even if it annoys people.

last edited at Oct 3, 2022 11:17AM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kami_eshi_jk_to_ol_fujoshi_ch20#28

GODDAMN IT. Do you know what the hell is wrong with this? It's not that I can't necessarily get behind the idea of an adult with a minor, although as an adult who's worked with Jr high kids, it...feels weirder now than it used to.

It's that I do not understand how two women, who are into gay men, are also into women, yet do not engage in media that has anything to do with women. I don't understand it. It drives me crazy. I can't. It's hard to believe minor x adult, but also not hard to believe. But when you add yaoi obsession on top of it, it's like what the fuck is going on?

I'm sure this has been discussed already, but dunno which pages in this thread.

What I'm just more annoyed about is that I can't enjoy the moment I was so looking forward to because of this freaking fujoshis bring into women thing that I don't understand. I need an academic article -- someone in the LGBTQ college world needs to write about this.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kami_eshi_jk_to_ol_fujoshi_ch20#28

GODDAMN IT. Do you know what the hell is wrong with this? It's not that I can't necessarily get behind the idea of an adult with a minor, although as an adult who's worked with Jr high kids, it...feels weirder now than it used to.

It's that I do not understand how two women, who are into gay men, are also into women, yet do not engage in media that has anything to do with women. I don't understand it. It drives me crazy. I can't. It's hard to believe minor x adult, but also not hard to believe. But when you add yaoi obsession on top of it, it's like what the fuck is going on?

I'm sure this has been discussed already, but dunno which pages in this thread.

What I'm just more annoyed about is that I can't enjoy the moment I was so looking forward to because of this freaking fujoshis bring into women thing that I don't understand. I need an academic article -- someone in the LGBTQ college world needs to write about this.

I have no idea exactly what you’re objecting to—could you please restate your main point as simply as possible?

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I have no idea exactly what you’re objecting to—could you please restate your main point as simply as possible?

I thought the point was pretty obvious:

It's that I do not understand how two women, who are into gay men, are also into women, yet do not engage in media that has anything to do with women.

And honestly, it's something I've wondered about too. Like I fully expected her original manga to end up being about lesbians after the writer's block until she got to see Ai in person. I suspect it's something to do with genre conventions about relationship dynamics?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's that I do not understand how two women, who are into gay men, are also into women, yet do not engage in media that has anything to do with women.

It’s the phrase “do not engage in media” that I find to be obscure—does this mean “do not create media” or “do not read’ or “do not follow avidly” or what?

People like what they like—that doesn’t mean that their preferred genres for either creation or consumption must somehow reflect their own lives.

This all sounds like a version of saying, “I’d expect lesbians to be into yuri rather than yaoi.” Some are, some aren’t, some are into both.

last edited at Oct 8, 2022 11:45AM

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

It’s the phrase “do not engage in media” that I find to be obscure—does this mean “do not create media” or “do not read’ or “do not follow avidly” or what?

People like what they like—that doesn’t mean that their preferred genres for either creation or consumption must somehow reflect their own lives.

This all sounds like a version of saying, “I’d expect lesbians to be into yuri rather than yaoi.” Some are, some aren’t, some are into both.

It was difficult to fathom for me too at first, but I just decided to stop giving it too much thought, like you said, people like what they like, regardless of their IRL dispositions. The reason why it's difficult to understand for me (and some others I guess) is that I like what I like, IRL and in media. Things are in line.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

All of the above and more. Willful involvement (i.e. not out of duress) is engagement. It's not very complicated, nor is it an unusual way to express the point. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Adjacent, maybe. And probably coloured by viewing through a Western lens. We tend to think of the LGBTQ+ community as being fairly closely aligned and standing in solidarity with each other (as has been the case for a long time; look up how the L came to be in the first spot). (N.B. this isn't to say that it's not similar in Japan; I just only know what little I've seen in manga about that.) So it seems reasonable that two BL fans in a lesbian relationship might think "huh, I wonder if there's stuff for people like us?" and check it out as an adjacent fandom. (This isn't even about whether they like it more or come to prefer it. It just never even came up despite their otaku tendencies and that feels a little odd.)

last edited at Oct 8, 2022 3:37PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.