Forum › Wind Through Young Reeds discussion

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I…. Huh? That first chapter whipped me around like the category 3 typhoon currently moving through south korea and kyushu.

So if I’m understanding right, we have a heavenly fox that was taken in by a celestial because she got sick/injured, and she was resting at home, but regained some energy and wanted to show miss celestial her “regular form”. The celestial lady told her to watch out so she doesn’t become a tool that powerful cultivators just sap energy from to increase their own power, to which fox girl says “no you’re the one who has to worry more, I’ll protect you” and then reveals she’s a transmigrator?

Alright lol I’ll go with it, sounds fun.

joined Jul 6, 2020

“There’s no way a lady this gorgeous could be the villainess! And she’s going to end up as part of the OP MC’s harem?! Absolutely not, I refuse! I’m going to change the outcome of this story!” The weak and pathetic—but with a large stomach!—transmigrator Hu Xiaoman quietly made up her mind.

“You look so focused, silly.” The villainess, reborn in the New Game+, thought that this girl was very~ interesting.

Transmigrator x New Game+ character, who’s the one really hiding a secret side to herself?

Wait, the OP MC has nothing to do with this story anymore?

Alright the story makes a lot more sense when you read the plot summary haha.

So miss celestial lived out her (tragic?) life becoming part of some shitty harem, and then died and got reincarnated back before that happens, and coincidentally found fox girl, who was actually transmigrated (isekaid) from modern china into this story, and now they work together and do gay things? Sounds fun, lets see where it goes

last edited at Sep 5, 2022 5:44PM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

interesting premise... usually these stories get picked up after the initial first few chapters, so I'm surprised to see it picked up from chapter one. Looking forward to seeing how this one goes; the artwork will have me back for chapter two.

joined Jul 6, 2020

By the way for anyone who is unaware, this seems to take place in a “cultivation” novel setting, which is kinda like wuxia but cranked to 11.

If wuxia can be described as a historical(ish) martial artists and the use of “qi” energy, then cultivation novels would be in the xianxia genre, which takes the martial arts and internal energy base from wuxia, but takes it from low fantasy to high fantasy. Expect a magic system based on yin/yang, and taoist iconography all over the place, demons and celestials, and all manner of supernatural beings and creatures from chinese mythology.

In these kinds of novels the protagonist basically “cultivates”/trains to unlock new supernatural ability and ascend from being a mortal to essentially become a demigod/full fledged god. Along the way they accumulate legendary techniques/abilities, rare magic items, and usually a large harem of women.

Think of it kinda like the equivalent to japanese isekai but rather than a jrpg inspired euro-fantasy setting its got a chinese mythos setting. But the fact that the genre primarily appeals to teenage edgelords and theres a billion trashy novels about OP protags and massive harems is still the same.

(I only know this second hand so anyone who wants to jump in and correct me feel free to do so)

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Oooh, looks interesting for sure. I’ll keep an eye on this one.

joined Sep 12, 2021

Thank you for all of this information @Cornonthekopp.
If only it made this series make more sense to me.

joined Sep 1, 2021

By the way for anyone who is unaware, this seems to take place in a “cultivation” novel setting, which is kinda like wuxia but cranked to 11.

If wuxia can be described as a historical(ish) martial artists and the use of “qi” energy, then cultivation novels would be in the xianxia genre, which takes the martial arts and internal energy base from wuxia, but takes it from low fantasy to high fantasy. Expect a magic system based on yin/yang, and taoist iconography all over the place, demons and celestials, and all manner of supernatural beings and creatures from chinese mythology.

In these kinds of novels the protagonist basically “cultivates”/trains to unlock new supernatural ability and ascend from being a mortal to essentially become a demigod/full fledged god. Along the way they accumulate legendary techniques/abilities, rare magic items, and usually a large harem of women.

Think of it kinda like the equivalent to japanese isekai but rather than a jrpg inspired euro-fantasy setting its got a chinese mythos setting. But the fact that the genre primarily appeals to teenage edgelords and theres a billion trashy novels about OP protags and massive harems is still the same.

(I only know this second hand so anyone who wants to jump in and correct me feel free to do so)

It's been a while since I've read any, but I recall there being quite a bit of sexual assault. Isekai has slave-owning protagonists, xianxia has sexual assault.

I really need to repeat the bit about the trashy novels. I found Xianxia a bit less grating at first due to it's settings being less familiar than yet another generic European fantasy setting, but it's pretty much all slop. I can only consume so much junkfood media before I feel yuck, and I get enough junkfood from Yuri, which is usually much sweeter.

A85b3543-23b0-436a-a1a7-7ef9eb4e7778
joined Apr 30, 2016

Looks interesting, I wonder if I can find the novel it originated from (if there’s one) and mlt. I imagine the updates for this would be slow.

This looks very cute! I’m always down for soft artstyle beastgirl x cultivator. Looking forward for more

joined Mar 19, 2020

It's been a while since I've read any, but I recall there being quite a bit of sexual assault. Isekai has slave-owning protagonists, xianxia has sexual assault.

I really need to repeat the bit about the trashy novels. I found Xianxia a bit less grating at first due to it's settings being less familiar than yet another generic European fantasy setting, but it's pretty much all slop. I can only consume so much junkfood media before I feel yuck, and I get enough junkfood from Yuri, which is usually much sweeter.

Lol same. I’ve only read like two but got around 400 chapters into one and 800 chapters into the other and that had SA. It’s been a few years now but they really were trashy. I liked how large they were though- that’s the only reason I stayed.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I know a couple of English ones that don't go in that direction, but they're also, at least partially, deconstructions.

joined May 3, 2014

Yes true of what you wrote :3, years ago they usualy will pick the best ones to translate to english since chinese is really hard to learn let alone translate to english thous were fan translations in the early days, but the groups of people started to form and got more orginaized to translate the novels that they made their own websites like the Japanese Novels free translation do, but then china saw the oportunity on selling the most garbadge Chinese novels so it took in its own hands to translate them(there is one huge company in china that has most of the rights to thous chinese novels), resulting in a huge number of junkfood wianxia novels, if you wanna read some chinese martial arts novels better stick to the REALLY old wuxia novels :3 because the wianxia novels have became the most cheep way for authors to make money so they end up having 2000 or even 3000 chapters in total (full of crap since they pay per character a chapter has in china) and they are chok full of xianxia seterotypes :/

last edited at Sep 6, 2022 1:03AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

And they were both bottoms.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

A very Monogatari head tilt.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

“There’s no way a lady this gorgeous could be the villainess! And she’s going to end up as part of the OP MC’s harem?! Absolutely not, I refuse! I’m going to change the outcome of this story!” The weak and pathetic—but with a large stomach!—transmigrator Hu Xiaoman quietly made up her mind.

“You look so focused, silly.” The villainess, reborn in the New Game+, thought that this girl was very~ interesting.

Transmigrator x New Game+ character, who’s the one really hiding a secret side to herself?

Wait, the OP MC has nothing to do with this story anymore?

Alright the story makes a lot more sense when you read the plot summary haha.

So miss celestial lived out her (tragic?) life becoming part of some shitty harem, and then died and got reincarnated back before that happens, and coincidentally found fox girl, who was actually transmigrated (isekaid) from modern china into this story, and now they work together and do gay things?

And if the shtoopid male MC comes bother them, they will kick his ass and throw him out. Yay!

Muveil22
joined Feb 26, 2017

That is... a lot of Chinese novel tropes into one story.
-villainess/part of male harem
-mystical creatures/fantasy
-cultivation/xianxia
-rebirth
-transmigration

Just missing the world hopping and system. Let's see how this will play out. I don't mind a lot of tropes because that's usually what transmigration/world hopping stories will be about, but I hope it won't be too confusing. Glad things are explained though because sometimes the chinese terms are really weird

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

If wuxia can be described as a historical(ish) martial artists and the use of “qi” energy, then cultivation novels would be in the xianxia genre, which takes the martial arts and internal energy base from wuxia, but takes it from low fantasy to high fantasy.

Hmmm . . . for people that dig the term "high fantasy" in its own context, that might be a bit misleading. I'd say more "takes it from low fantasy to powergaming fantasy". I would consider "high fantasy" to normally be less about big power levels and more about high concept--mythic symbolism, large events, a certain seriousness. So for instance, the archetypal "high fantasy" is The Lord of the Rings, revolving around a Fellowship of nine people, of whom: Six (including the MC) have no magical powers whatsoever, one has crucial but minor and specialized healing abilities, one is only "magic" in the sense of being an elf, and one is a wizard who casts few and minor spells. Four of them aren't even worth much as fighters. They have two magical weapons, one magic chain shirt, end up with some nice ropes and nifty camouflage cloaks, one magical flashlight. Eventually turns out the wizard has a magic ring that is very important but whose actual powers are so subtle as to be unspecified. But as high fantasy goes, it's STILL the highest.

last edited at Sep 6, 2022 10:37PM

joined Sep 1, 2021

And they were both bottoms.

I wonder how much humour is going to come from them both thinking that they're tops.

last edited at Sep 7, 2022 1:33PM

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

???????

To reply you must either login or sign up.