Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Vlqa
joined Jun 14, 2022

lmao the author saw everyone panicking and was like "oh shit oh god hold on dont worry i got you"

The series is tagged Romance, so in contemporary understanding this means a love story with an emotionally fulfilling or optimistic ending. It has been a long time since Romance was defined by tragedy.

joined Aug 1, 2014

i dunno if it was already discussed on here but they mention being in hiding

This is a mistranslation/misunderstanding of the author's Twitter profile talking about being bad at SNS; they were just interviewed about the work and are not 'in hiding' in any legitimate sense.

allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

every day that arai sumiko blesses us with her art is a good day.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Cogito posted:

Cogito posted:

I actually sincerely dont think its a cliff hanger, and i dunno if it was already discussed on here but they mention being in hiding, i dont really understand what that means, like maybe just hiding on twitter. But the whole post today about hoping to finish the comic and saying thanks for watching ofer the characters makes it sound like something behind the scenes is going wrong.
Like posting a 5 years from now drawing before a comment like that seems kinda foreboding, am i the only one worried.

She didn't say she "hopes" to finish the comic. She just said she's taking a week break, thanked & apologized to the fans, and posted the 5 years from now comic to give people at least a little bit of content. It's not the first time she's taken a break, either. There's no reason to be worried other than the "how much longer is she going to spend making a manga she gets no money from" concern which has been there since the beginning.

Also we all know the real reason she's taking a break: to give this thread a chance to cool off and settle down. Thank you, Arai-sensei.

And they do need to cool down LoL just a simple one week break with a bonus drawing to compensate and we already have some paranoid conspiracy.

joined Jan 4, 2014

It doesn't preclude a "good friendship" ending, while hinting at a couple ending.

Would say it's a pretty strong "hint". Shopping with female friends -> we all carry our own bags; shopping with girlfriend -> likely me carrying all of them. So from that aspect alone, would very much see it as a couple ending.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Way to spoil the fun... but good to see the (possible) endgame.

joined May 12, 2020

OMG THEY ARE SO CUTE I LOVE THEM SO MUCH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

joined Apr 14, 2022

I understand Japan is conservative when it comes to LGBTQ issues

Your understanding is very wrong. Japan was long ahead of most Western countries in many ways, especially transgender rights. The only thing really lacking now is marriage equality, but it's more "when" than "if" - the public is in favour of it, but democracy is a slow-moving system designed to preserve the status quo, so legal change takes time.

Notably, Japan is not a Christian country. While there are many people that are indifferent to LGBTQ rights, the percentage of the population that rabidly hates gay people is significantly smaller than countries where ~half the population define their lives around a 2000 year old book that tells them to stone the gays.

joined Aug 29, 2019

This thread (as well as the meta-panic around the author oO) is weird a.f.

@jtt's assessment of the bonus page seems to be right on the money.

Images%20(2)
joined Sep 28, 2021

LMFAO

joined Jan 10, 2022

It doesn't preclude a "good friendship" ending, while hinting at a couple ending.

Would say it's a pretty strong "hint". Shopping with female friends -> we all carry our own bags; shopping with girlfriend -> likely me carrying all of them. So from that aspect alone, would very much see it as a couple ending.

Agreed

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

One day after they finally confessed

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

What do you mean hopefully

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

lmao the author saw everyone panicking and was like "oh shit oh god hold on dont worry i got you"

The series is tagged Romance, so in contemporary understanding this means a love story with an emotionally fulfilling or optimistic ending. It has been a long time since Romance was defined by tragedy.

It's worth noting that the romance tag on this site only means that the story is romantically inclined or focuses on a romantic relationship. We don't have any insight into how a given story will end when we tag it and it's our opinion that the tag fits, not the authors'. It's roughly used to separate yuri stories where there is no relationship from yuri stories focused on relationships

last edited at Aug 27, 2022 12:07PM

Tumblr_338965de880627681ecd916bc458a939_84d98ad7_500%20(1)-min
joined Feb 4, 2022

MITSUKI HOLDING THE BAGS AND SAID IF THEY ARE SURE IF THEY WANT TO KEEP SHOPPING?!! THEY ARE ADORABLE

last edited at Aug 27, 2022 12:13PM

joined Apr 6, 2013

wow spoilers much

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hoskins88 posted:

wow spoilers much

It says "hopefully" not time skip

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Besties going shopping - sweet
Those shoes with socks are ugly af

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Actually it kinda works with that skirt, I guess. They are both stylish 22 year-olds.

(makes me feel challenged as a 21 yo)

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

they are huge lesbians as adults lmao. that style is incredibly gay. you do love to see it.

joined Aug 20, 2022

I think a bit of their styles rubbed off on each other. Super cute

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

OMG THEY ARE SO CUTE I LOVE THEM SO MUCH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

this romance is definitely big enough for both of them

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Strange to me that the author isn't asking for ko-fi donations or pixiv ones.

Vivy-v-chan
joined Aug 14, 2020

Good good ^^

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Actually it kinda works with that skirt, I guess. They are both stylish 22 year-olds.

(makes me feel challenged as a 21 yo)

Let's agree to disagree as it's a matter of aesthetics and personal taste. Not that I like the skirt btw. All of these IMO are examples of blind following of modern fashion trends guided by big fashion brands to "decutify" and/or "masculinise" women's clothing. It is quite obvious if you follow Vogue fashion runways in the last, say, 5-10 years. The opposite is obviously happening with male clothing. But I digress. Sorry for the offtopic of sorts and a bit of a rant

last edited at Aug 27, 2022 2:51PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.