Yeah let's goooooo!

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

Damn I'm dying for strong protagonist. We need more of them

joined Apr 16, 2022

The premise reminds me of this oneshot

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

So who do ya think is the "dog" in the title? The hottie who arrives at the end?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

So who do ya think is the "dog" in the title? The hottie who arrives at the end?

It could also be metaphorical and referring to the exorcist. E.g. A dog of the Church.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Lol these manhua always start out feeling like you've missed 10 chapters

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Fun setup, and I do love my demons. Can't wait to see her go from "All demons need to be exterminated" to "This demon needs to be kissed"

joined Oct 15, 2020

Yay, interesting start. Can't wait to read more. Thanks for the chapter Translator-sama s~<3

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Action was pretty well paced, art is pretty good (tought i feel the backgrounds could be a little better), basic but fun premisse and i'm all in for a cool gay shonen. Big thanks for the scanlation.

Carmilla%20reading
joined Sep 15, 2015

A great start, I hope this'll be a good one! And the meme made me laugh lol Thanks for the work, Zephyr Scan! <3

Img_20230814_172928
joined Jul 17, 2022

niceee

EternalSongbird
joined Feb 4, 2019

I am so excited to see where this goes! Thanks for all y'all do, Zephyr crew!!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Somehow, the start feels quite generic to me. The last panel is promising, but the whole exorcist vs. succubus fight felt like a paint-by-numbers action opening. It wasn't bad by any means (and the art is very good), it just wouldn't hook me on the story at all if I hadn't read the blurb first.

It's called "in medias res" and some folks, me included, much prefer it to the infodumps explaining the world and the magic system at the start of the first chapter. :-)

So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

[chef ramsey voice] finally some good fucking art

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

I bet you a donut that the girl at the balcony in the final panel is a werewolf demon.

She's gonna team up with the exorcist mc girl, who will be very angry and call her a "dog" but will have no choice but to accept her (orders of the Church and shit).

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

This is very coold, and girls using short are elegant

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

I bet you a donut that the girl at the balcony in the final panel is a werewolf demon.

More like a succubus with an alternate form, which is a dog with horns.

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

That distracted boyfriend meme lol

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Somehow, the start feels quite generic to me. The last panel is promising, but the whole exorcist vs. succubus fight felt like a paint-by-numbers action opening. It wasn't bad by any means (and the art is very good), it just wouldn't hook me on the story at all if I hadn't read the blurb first.

It's called "in medias res" and some folks, me included, much prefer it to the infodumps explaining the world and the magic system at the start of the first chapter. :-)

I dont enjoy info dumps either but I still feel they just dump you into the middle of the story unnaturally. I prefer the world building to be gradually told. And like you've described in your comment, this chapter 1 in particular didn't even really explain anything that would give us a hint of what the real story is about so I kinda fail to see the reasoning for it here.

I feel the pacing will prob be better once it gets to what the author actually wants to write about, but yeah these sudden starts are always just so jarring for me

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

And like you've described in your comment, this chapter 1 in particular didn't even really explain anything that would give us a hint of what the real story is about so I kinda fail to see the reasoning for it here.

I feel the pacing will prob be better once it gets to what the author actually wants to write about, but yeah these sudden starts are always just so jarring for me

3 chapters were released at once in the raws, so there were enough to explain the general plot and such. It's just that the translations came out 1 by 1 so it feels a little "...that's it?"

I'm guessing this was to prevent the first chapter from being excessively long so readers don't complain about the normal chapters being short.

joined Aug 21, 2017

That distracted boyfriend meme lol

The red demon hiding behind the guy was also funny.

joined Apr 16, 2022

I mean this honestly -- it's quite interesting that this manhua made its protagonist so unlikeable. She might have her reasons, it appears Obsidian not only killed her adoptive father but betrayed her to do so, but right now she's basically a racist cop who doesn't even care about collateral damage lol.

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

Interesting start

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I hope these other two that got introduced will stick around. Polycule polycule polycule

I mean this honestly -- it's quite interesting that this manhua made its protagonist so unlikeable. She might have her reasons, it appears Obsidian not only killed her adoptive father but betrayed her to do so, but right now she's basically a racist cop who doesn't even care about collateral damage lol.

Yeah, she definitely has a lot of room to grow, lol, and I can't wait to see how it happens.

I do like that they opened up on this flagrant berserker moment to have Obsidian foil it, though, because it establishes right off the bat that whoever Obsidian used to be, her post-amnesia self is undeniably a good person. Even if it takes a while for Xiao Yu to accept that, this incident isn't something she can just ignore, even if she'll absolutely try to at first.

last edited at Sep 3, 2022 7:36PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.