Forum › Be Careful, Onee-san (Serialization) discussion

B51a65b0-2120-4fab-98bf-9c606570e8cb
joined Dec 4, 2021

Wow, a drama development almost identical to one of the main drama developments in Yuzumori-San. I love this manga, but come on.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Could be if not for the fact that she's a little kid, I think this is as far as her mind games could go.

I mean... Is not like the manga is too concerned with being realistic, a grade schooler blackmailing an adult is not really that wild at this point

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

That poor little girl just tryna read a book XD

Cute-clothes(car-graffiti-jk-chapter-4-funny-road-page-2)(pp-ized)
joined Apr 14, 2018

Ah, it’s the start of the miscommunication arc…

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

WithAOne posted:

No we already had that arc in the camping site

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

WithAOne posted:

No we already had that arc in the camping site

Miscommunication Arc 2: Electric Boogaloo

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

this manga goes in directions I would not have expected. The joys of Be Careful Onee-san.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Surprise Suika, wait no, it's just the dumb rich girl.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Okay let's unpack this... Houjou needs to just GTFO and never come back. I'm glad Tae didn't listen to her bullshit. I had to remind myself once again Mai is a elementary schooler because her bringing Tae into that hug when the teacher almost got them was uh quite hot. and No Hitomi this chapter left me very sad.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

OH wow the first part went exactly as we expected of Tae thankfully but OH SHIT OH GOD SHE'S SO FUCKED NOW!!!! Only a miracle can saver her now, no, I think we might need time travel this time lo/

Also that hug oh wow, she's about to break the limit of rational thought.

BUT YEAH SHE'S REEEEEEEAAAAALLY SCREWED NOW!

THIS

Is a Real Cliffhanger!

last edited at Aug 11, 2022 8:54PM

Kanata%20emma%20cute%20cat%20laying
joined Apr 23, 2021

oh no. big oh no

joined Apr 16, 2022

This chapter was really good. We get to see why Houjou exists, to demonstrate both Tae and Mai's growth since volume 1. (And also for the hilarity of the antagonist making the entirely valid point that it's weird for an adult to become friends with a 5th grader.)

Anyway. Were it not for Houjou, Tae -- or more realistically Mai let's be real -- could bullshit a story about her being Mai's aunt or something. With her there it becomes more complicated, but I'm sure she doesn't want the teacher to know why she's hanging around at school at night either.

By the way, Houjou's "you [presumably adults] are all the same" line, along with the fact that she is definitely the one playing the piano by herself, fooling around with anatomical models, and looking inside students' desks at night, strongly imply that she has severe family issues and is extremely lonely. I am curious why she latched onto Mai specifically, though. Maybe as a child who looks like an adult, she's a "safe" replacement for the actual adults in her life who are neglecting her?

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

Tae chan nuhhhhhhhhh

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

This chapter was really good. We get to see why Houjou exists, to demonstrate both Tae and Mai's growth since volume 1. (And also for the hilarity of the antagonist making the entirely valid point that it's weird for an adult to become friends with a 5th grader.)

Anyway. Were it not for Houjou, Tae -- or more realistically Mai let's be real -- could bullshit a story about her being Mai's aunt or something. With her there it becomes more complicated, but I'm sure she doesn't want the teacher to know why she's hanging around at school at night either.

By the way, Houjou's "you [presumably adults] are all the same" line, along with the fact that she is definitely the one playing the piano by herself, fooling around with anatomical models, and looking inside students' desks at night, strongly imply that she has severe family issues and is extremely lonely. I am curious why she latched onto Mai specifically, though. Maybe as a child who looks like an adult, she's a "safe" replacement for the actual adults in her life who are neglecting her?

I like ur analysis.

joined Jul 1, 2021

Holy cow! I got jumpscared by "The ghost who looks inside students' desks" for real! I did not see that coming.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

She's going to pass as a child isn't she?

joined Mar 19, 2020

Holy cow! I got jumpscared by "The ghost who looks inside students' desks" for real! I did not see that coming.

Lmao I know right. I was like no way. They drew her so creepy too

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

oh SNAP can't wait to see how this is going to go down

joined May 1, 2015

1000000 points if Mai passes Tae as the girl that seats in front of her.

joined Jul 5, 2019

1000000 points if Mai passes Tae as the girl that seats in front of her.

By Chekhov's gun that would be ingenious I say!

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Welcome to jail

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Well the previous chapter's cliffhanger was solved nice and quick, via trust and good faith. Then this chapter ends on her heading straight to jail lmao

joined Aug 2, 2018

Wow that ghost got me good. Legit I got a bit scared of that panel.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

She's going to pass as a child isn't she?

She should.
But also, realistically, is there really a problem to have an adult accompany a child to pick something up at school in the middle of the night? Isn’t it something to be expected for the child’s safety? To have an adult responsible for them in a situation that could be dangerous (middle of the night at an empty school)?
Like, yeah it isn’t the child’s relative, but the teacher doesn’t have to know. Can just say she’s a cousin or aunt and the teacher would be a-ok with it.

Well the previous chapter's cliffhanger was solved nice and quick, via trust and good faith. Then this chapter ends on her heading straight to jail lmao

Jail ending is also good.

last edited at Aug 11, 2022 11:17PM

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

Probably the only time I managed to get jump scared by a manga

To reply you must either login or sign up.