Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I sort of agree with you, but I also remember being 18 and worrying so much about university applications and then picking a school. In retrospect all those concerns seem irrelevant and I'm sure I'd have been better off choosing a school based on wherever my friends went or whatever was closest instead of going to the "best" one I could. Still, at the time, it seemed like a momentous decision. To me, Nanoha's behavior reads as a very realistic portrayal of that time in a young person's life.

I don't think it's unrealistic that she's worrying about it, I think it's unrealistic that she's -for some weird reason - rationalizing nonsensical reasons to choose a school outside of Tokyo when doing so would be a total lose/lose. There should be almost nothing any school outside of Tokyo could offer her that a school inside of it wouldn't also have, so there's no reason to even entertain the possibility of studying elsewhere in the first place.

The realistic version of this scenario is having one partner having to choose between their relationship or an education they realistically can't and won't have a second try for, usually because the school is at some unique level of quality that they can't get anywhere else if they don't take this chance, but Nanoha doesn't have that problem so the attempted set-up doesn't work here.

Although it might be time for the relationship to stop being a secret once they move together.

"What, dating? Us? Don't be ridiculous!"
"Chidori, you've been living together for 25 years and have 3 adopted children. We know."

last edited at Jul 6, 2022 11:10AM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

sora and nanoha be baking sweets now

20220118_154303
joined Feb 15, 2021

i'd rather die than not seeing them ending up together. pleaseeee don't turn into a long-lasting angst, my heart can't take it

sweetjalapeno15
Ne
joined Nov 21, 2017

omfg thank GOD so many times in manga one person decides to give up on their future to join some stupid school close to their partner and its so fucking stupid I was so happy to see them actually talk about that and Nanoha deciding she WONT limit herself despite her love for Chidori in fact I think itll be fine because itll show that their relationship is strong enough to last long distance god bless

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

It’s hard to quit your girlfriend cold turkey

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

She went full 'wangywangy!' on poor Chidori

last edited at Jul 13, 2022 2:34AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nanoha suffering from Chidori withdrawal. :D

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Re chapter 113: it's usually spelled "confectionery".

...I think?

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Good catch, thank you! It should be fixed soon.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Good catch, thank you! It should be fixed soon.

English can be a b***ch with those “both look right” endings:

• Secretary, but

• Cemetery, and

• Stationary & Stationery (both are right, but mean different things)

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013
  • Stationary & Stationery (both are right, but mean different things)

Fuck i thought the 2nd thing was spelled the same way as the first. Thanks for teaching me.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Fixed the chapter. Thanks for the heads up.

Also, in my defense "confectionary" is also a word, apparently? At least according to Merriam-Webster. But it just means "sweets" and not also the art and business of making sweets like "confectionery".

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Fixed the chapter. Thanks for the heads up.

Also, in my defense "confectionary" is also a word, apparently? At least according to Merriam-Webster. But it just means "sweets" and not also the art and business of making sweets like "confectionery".

You’re quite right, but the “-ary“ ending version is at best a dated or obsolete form; if the word is used at all, “confectionery” is the most common form for both senses. Paraphrasing the OED:

• -ery endings in English tend to come from French and often indicate a place where something is done (for example, bakery).

• -ary endings tend to be from Latin and are often associated with a person who does something (for example, secretary)

So both endings are technically correct, but modern English tends to discard such fine distinctions when the meanings are close or a word becomes less useful.

(Even when the meanings of two words with similar spellings are quite distinct they can get conflated—judging by the Internet, the “compliment/complement” distinction is becoming an endangered species.)

Like I said, “looks right either way” spellings in English can be a real pain in the ass.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Their just isn't any right way in English, either way there bound to get they're words mixed up.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Their just isn't any right way in English, either way there bound to get they're words mixed up.

Its the weigh it seams.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Its the weigh it seams.

physical pain

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Oh no. You just cant end the chapter there. There better be a follow up after this

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

4:20, eh?

That is a cute cat indeed. ^_^

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

4:20, eh?

I noticed that too.

I could even see Nanoha as a bit of a stoner in college. And I could see Chidori trying a toke one time and totally freaking out.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

cuuuuuuuuuuute.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Dawwww Chidori is too proud to admit she misses her girlfriend big time ^_^ Cat-like indeed ( although I've always had super affectionate and clingy cats myself ) . Also, a meeting at 4:20 Nanoha ? You naughty girl you ;)

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Blaze it

joined Apr 15, 2018

"Ah, she's putting up a front! I was watching her for five minutes --"

Who, again, is not being honest here?

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Ihihi funni number

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

420 then 69er

To reply you must either login or sign up.