Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Shino why when talking about your friends´ Kouhai you said you aren¿t popular yourself when you also have a Kouhai that told you she loves you???

Did I miss something? Did I imagine that chapter??? I swear the last time the volleyball Kouhai showed up at the end of the chapter she told Shino she loves her.. right? and then she hasn't show up since.... did I miss a follow up chapeter or am I remembering everything wrong??? I think I have to do a re-read....

Shino has always had a hard time remembering that the volleyball kouhai exists.

ToT

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Blastaar posted:

Shino why when talking about your friends´ Kouhai you said you aren¿t popular yourself when you also have a Kouhai that told you she loves you???

Did I miss something? Did I imagine that chapter??? I swear the last time the volleyball Kouhai showed up at the end of the chapter she told Shino she loves her.. right? and then she hasn't show up since.... did I miss a follow up chapeter or am I remembering everything wrong??? I think I have to do a re-read....

I think is more like, because the kouhai has such a strong personality and spirit, Shino doesn't know how to deal with her

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Blastaar posted:

I think is more like, because the kouhai has such a strong personality and spirit, Shino doesn't know how to deal with her

That’s true enough. But I think when Shino is thinking about where she herself falls on the popularity ladder, kouhai-chan doesn’t really figure into her calculations.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

To be fair, Shino's not the only one, I also forgot Kouhai-chan exists xD

Hana
joined Jun 20, 2014

so another school year...another 100+ chapters?

xD

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

To be fair, Shino's not the only one, I also forgot Kouhai-chan exists xD

I think most of us did, considering there is a chapter once an eternity.

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Shino doesn't realize she's popular...

I think the tsundere kohai (Koizumi) is like Nozomi's gender-nonconforming friend (Heidi) in that both are set up to be pivotal characters if and when the sexual tension in this series finally snaps. And they're flavor if it doesn't. Koizumi's entire life is shaped by suddenly being forced to take care of her younger sister, and being rigid and fiery about it. She is a sisterhood fundamentalist who may be attracted to Shino, which is an explosive combo.

For instance, if Shino is outed to Koizumi as romantically attracted to Nozomi, a big sis figure and the teacher of the Koizumi's little sis, Koizumi will definitely be grossed out by the messed up sisterhood and age gap. Maybe she'll try to prevent her (platonic?) crush from doing something with Nozomi. Koizumi also may be used to verify super-dense Shino's orientation. Koizumi is fireworks prepared for if Shino is gay.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Poor volleyball kouhai. I remember when I just started reading and was like hey, this basketball girl doesn't show up very often but aren't they kinda into each other? That's a way healthier ship, go date the basketball girl!

And since then she's had like, 3 chapters, there's been no further development, she's even losing to the nerdy male childhood friend at this point!

Imageedit_11_5472942776
joined Apr 30, 2018

ahh yes we're getting closer

i am a clown
it’s already been more than 1 year since i posted this

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Miwa-senpai has an easy solution to a lot of her problems right there if you ask me ;)

joined Apr 6, 2013

ahh yes we're getting closer

i am a clown
it’s already been more than 1 year since i posted this

Don't give up, it will happen, we are still getting closer.

がんばってね
がんばってね
がんばってね

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

It's not really 'filler' in a series that's pretty much 'Slice of Life.'

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's not really 'filler' in a series that's pretty much 'Slice of Life.'

It's more yuri teasing, which is the sole purpose of the series at this point, so definitely main arc, even if side characters.

... good use of Shino saying wise things from her own experience ^^;

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yooo you can't keep doxing my mind with your credit memes.

Reading this and checking the raws is like "HA! there's no way you can get this far with just subtext... This is the end the line!" and then next chapter the author pulls a MacGyver and miraculously escapes the yuri once again... And then we have chapters like this for a month and two until the next episode.

We'll need real magic to escape what's coming by the way.

last edited at Sep 5, 2022 1:19PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I like these characters. I like this writing. (I could do with the facial expressions being dialed down a notch, but that’s purely personal preference.)

I really like Shinzo/Nozomi interactions, wherever the story ends. I always want more of those.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Are we absolutely sure it really is a misunderstanding? :P

And as always, nothing in this series is as gay as the title pages.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Yay. Another useless chapter about characters we don't care about.

Kuzushiro, will you ever learn?

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

New side ship just dropped, huh...

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/living_with_my_brothers_wife_ch111#9

You could put boobs on the brother in the bottom-left panel and he'd be a sister.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Yay. Another useless chapter about characters we don't care about.

Kuzushiro, will you ever learn?

I like the coworkers!
And tbh, even though I can understand the frustration, I like the vibe of these random slice of life chapters. They're part of what shapes the whole series after all, and I wouldn't prefer them to be omitted.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Dont care, if they dont bang all the other chapters is useless, xd

joined Jul 26, 2019

Is it just me or do I feel like this manga could go on forever without anything yuri happening? it's very sad knowing the skills of the author, even the story skates on the same fundamentals as at the start: the death of the brother and its consequences. After a while it goes in circles and the introduction of new characters only lengthens things. It would be good if the author agrees to go into the concrete.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Is it just me or do I feel like this manga could go on forever without anything yuri happening? it's very sad knowing the skills of the author, even the story skates on the same fundamentals as at the start: the death of the brother and its consequences. After a while it goes in circles and the introduction of new characters only lengthens things. It would be good if the author agrees to go into the concrete.

Honestly that sounds mostly like misplaced expectations to me. Of course we all want the yuri to happen but the way i see it the central theme of this manga always has been dealing with grief. And grief is like that sometimes, it lingers, goes in circles, 1 step forward, 2 steps back, etc.

joined Sep 4, 2021

It's so long to wait!
I want to one day click on the chapter and see the "subtext" tag replaced by "yuri" :(

joined Jan 14, 2020

I want to one day click on the chapter and see the "subtext" tag replaced by "yuri" :(

Going by this chapter, it'll happen because Hitomi hooks up with crying-girl (Niwa?)

To reply you must either login or sign up.