Forum › My Best Friend Who I Love Fell Completely in Love With My Vtuber Self discussion

Dd20197dc375013dead600935e307fe5_crop
joined Apr 12, 2017

I feel u, sukoya...

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

clearly you've never heard of social anxiety lol. yes, i, too, would love it if it were that simple but unfortunately i've had my own bouts of it and known people that were notorious for it and in just a couple seconds of over-using their brain, simple solutions turn into (what that persons perceives as) a one-way street to a catastrophe

I mean I guess. She sees how obsessed she is with Taiga to the point where she talks about NOTHING but her I'd say you just go for it at that point whether you think in your head about what happens I'd say it's a 1/100 chance she would get mad or tell her "gross I don't want to be your friend anymore"

Either way this series needs to get some progression every chapter is basically her talking about Taiga while her friend sits there and just listens to stuff she's done. I do really like this series but it hasn't moved much lol.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

The irony is that the Dunning-Kruger isn't even a proper thing nor was it actually made by either Dunning nor Kruger.

Not sure where you're getting that from. The cognitive bias that ignorant people don't know they're ignorant because they're ignorant and don't know what they don't know, is absolutely a "thing", and the bias is named such because Dunning and Kruger co-published a scientific study about it in a peer-reviewed journal. The only thing that isn't "a thing", I guess, is the chart, which isn't and doesn't claim to be rooted in the science but is just a demonstration to communicate the concept to laymen, which I think should be pretty apparent from labels like "Mount Stupid".

Ironically, this discussion about the Dunning-Kruger effect not being real is a perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger effect

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

With manga like these, it's always a steady build up to the main moment when the identity is revealed, such as The Guy She Likes Wasn't a Guy at All, and it often becomes difficult to continue the story afterwards if you are unprepared. With the way this story is set up, I hope the realization take a nice long time to build up. It's more fun this way.

joined Feb 17, 2018

Teruko should be like "so my friend who I have a crush on started watching my stream should I tell them who I am" on stream so she can watch Sukoya spontaneously combust

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Sukoya would be in denial

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I totally get 24.6 Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak has NOT let me go.

joined Apr 6, 2013

Taiga gets confused for a sound alike Meanwhile in IRL Amemiya Nazuna saids exactly one word and the whole world knows exactly who she is.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Teruko needs to get some self confidence already and just tell Sukoya. I still don't get why she thinks she would be upset with her for not telling her about it girl is so obsessed with Taiga I'm sure she's said her name at least a good 150 times total in this entire series so far lol.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Taiga gets confused for a sound alike Meanwhile in IRL Amemiya Nazuna saids exactly one word and the whole world knows exactly who she is.

Seriously. Them not catching on is the suspension of disbelief-breaking moment for me. Sure, most people won't immediately assume that someone who sounds like a famous person actually IS that famous person, but these are vtuber fans, and you've given one of the most prominent examples of how they jump to conclusions.

...I say all that like it's some horrible failure in this manga, but really I'm still enjoying it. Though I do wish the truth would come out and our two would get together and the story would continue just with girlfriend antics rather than friend antics.

last edited at Jul 28, 2022 2:56AM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I see, all of her fans have the IQ of a room temperature.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Like most vtuber fans

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Rude. I will have you know I have at least the IQ of body temperature.

joined May 3, 2014

24 chapters in and no one mm of progress to see if her friend even has one ilk of feelings beside her weird mutated parasocial relationship with the vtuber >.>

this ain’t even the slowest burn ever there is NO FIER WHAT SO EVER!!! T^T

last edited at Jul 28, 2022 11:00AM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

monster hunter is great

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

These fucking idiots already knew what she sounds like lmao
Taiga sure is popular with women.

last edited at Jul 30, 2022 11:14AM

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Bullet dodged

last edited at Jul 28, 2022 12:53PM

664cf739-1617-40c1-9f8a-ab01b71652f9%202
joined Sep 28, 2021

Admittedly, I know nothing about how this doujin started or what plans it’s creator has for it but…

First: I really like the premise. So many potential for hijinks. I’m in love with my best friend who’s in love with me but she doesn’t know it’s me?! Classic. Somebody write the AU fic for Supercorp, thanks!

That being said, I do think it has pacing/progression issues. Maybe it’s really just intended to be a hijinks ensues scenario, an eternal will she-won’t she find out. Each chapter isn’t a chapter, but a (more or less) self-contained one-shot that’s meant to be seen on the author’s dash sporadically. Maybe the only reason why we’re craving character/relationship progression is because we’re seeing all the chapters together, numbered, and we’re capable of quickly binging it. (Unless, of course, if it’s being uploaded in its original form the same way… in which case… never mind, I’m sorry, I know nothing.)

However, if the intent was for this story to have development and eventual resolution… I can see why you might wanna draw it out longer… How do you sustain the story when it’s progressed past what the title says the story is about?

(I’m not saying it’s impossible to continue the story. I’m sure any good writer can come up with further bikinis after the discovery before letting the story reach it’s natural conclusion and maybe starting anew with a different premise post-discovery like… a spin-off with the friend’s POV, a spin-off with the waitress’s POV, a sequel that’s just them navigating being really gay for each other and all the bikinis that comes with having a gf who’s a vtuber… man idk)

Point is… at about 10-12 chapters in, you kinda expect for it to have some sort of progress. Continue with the hijinks on that level of progress for the next couple of chapters, get to the next level of relationship progression. Then continue with that level of progression… until you reach the conclusion where secrets all out, they’re dating, yadda yadda… what have you. (Think… “Please, Bully Me Miss Villainess!” … Sure, Evie’s being dense but we see an unraveling of her denseness, a reason behind she’s being pointedly obtuse, and a slow stumbling into the reality that she likes Elsa and Elsa does like her!) (If that explanation makes sense. Please it’s like 5am I got up to use the bathroom and made the mistake of bringing my
Phond.)

All I’m saying is, 24 chapters in where you’re stuck where you begun is at least 10 chapters too long not to have gotten somewhere

joined Feb 17, 2018

This comic never struck me as anything more than an excuse for the author to talk about their vtube nerdery. It'll probably be hijinks until the very end with a quick wrap up

joined Mar 15, 2015

Is this supposed to be the final chapter? I've noticed a lot of series end with a chapter that shares the title of the series, but this chapter doesn't seem to conclude anything.

I'd personally like to see Sukoya realize that Teruko is Doujima Taiga with enough time left to develop their relationship in a meaningful way.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Damn, I thought for a couple pages there Sukoya was going to reveal she knew the ruse the whole time! I just want them to be gaaaaaay!

joined Mar 8, 2022

Sui-chan lol

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Is this supposed to be the final chapter?

Nope. ch26 just dropped on the author's socials today. Last page for this set is just a post-Comiket skit.

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

So many cameos

Reduceimagesize.net_60kb_896
joined Jul 12, 2020

Senchou, PPTenshi and Suicopath. Sasuga KanaCoco fan lol.
True, sui-chan natural voice sounds better than her previous high pitched one. I like her songs because it has certain huskiness to it
Natural voice also makes their laugh sounds real which make me laugh too

To reply you must either login or sign up.