Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

joined Jan 11, 2014

MITSUKI BE LOOKING SO FINEEEEEEEEEE TODAYYYYYY. This girl never fails to SERVE

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

wlftchtr82

thnx for listing down of all the bands so far.

Amarrez handed me the series, so I guess I'll be the one to do it from now on.

thank you for your hard work. and keep it up on the future chapters too. <3

last edited at Jul 10, 2022 7:30PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Thanks for your work!

Seconded, thanks for the translation!

Also I'm surprised to see a new character this chapter.

I hope he'll make the plot gain a bit of momentum. Like he'll recognize Mitsuki and:
1. Either think Aya is a lesbian (because who could possibly turn him down)
2. Confront or blackmail Mitsuki (because he's a jerk)

But maybe we won't see him next week. Chapters don't exactly follow a sequence, like when in chapter 9 Aya pointed out that school Mitsuki is similar to work Mitsuki but then we got no follow-up

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

MITSUKI BE LOOKING SO FINEEEEEEEEEE TODAYYYYYY. This girl never fails to SERVE

EXACTLY!

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Aya blushing just gets to me, she's so fucking cute.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Stay in your lane, jerkface.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Thanks for your work!

I hope he'll make the plot gain a bit of momentum. Like he'll recognize Mitsuki and:

But maybe we won't see him next week. Chapters don't exactly follow a sequence, like when in chapter 9 Aya pointed out that school Mitsuki is similar to work Mitsuki but then we got no follow-up

since Jerkface is having beef with Aya for standing up for Mitsuki, I think he will show up again.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

On one hand it's gonna be nice if the plot is driven forward but on the other hand i kinda don't it to happy bc of mister shitbird here butting into their budding relationship xD

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Thanks for your work!

since Jerkface is having beef with Aya for standing up for Mitsuki, I think he will show up again.

maybe his pride will be hurt and he'll try hitting on Mitsuki just so he can prove himself

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

FluffyCow posted:

Thanks for your work!

I'm more surprised that there wasn't any band mentioned, not even in the background... I can't say BINGO!

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

I see a boy looking to be smacked.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

FluffyCow posted:

Thanks for your work!

I'm more surprised that there wasn't any band mentioned, not even in the background... I can't say BINGO!

Even tho I was so ready to update my list

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Thanks for your work!

maybe his pride will be hurt and he'll try hitting on Mitsuki just so he can prove himself

Thats something i wanna see, i enjoy failed attempts :v yeah im also a man XD

allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

my depression has been cured, my skin is clear, my crops have been watered, etc etc <3

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I wonder if jerkface is gonna out mitsuki

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Oh no, Mitsuki is totally getting outted.

Also, I like how Aya is a nice gyaru. You see too many bratty asshole Gyaru who mock the nerdy quiet girls in manga, but no, Aya is just chill and only calls people out when they are, in fact, being jerkfaces. Good person.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Also, I like how Aya is a nice gyaru. You see too many bratty asshole Gyaru who mock the nerdy quiet girls in manga, but no, Aya is just chill and only calls people out when they are, in fact, being jerkfaces. Good person.

Aya not being a mean girl made my day.
I mean, we already knew she was a nice person and a dork, but sometimes when you are popular you can end up putting up a front and doing the “mean popular chick” act.
Her standing up Mitsuki not even caring about who it was (aka it wasn’t particularly because jerkface offended Mitsuki, but because he insulted someone) shows that she’s such a decent person. That’s nice.

joined Mar 8, 2016

Is this a school for delinquents? Nail polish, piercings, and makeup ok, the boy walks around with his shirt untucked and unbuttoned, they can play with their phones and listen to music in class... Pretty funny how different the depiction of school is here from what pretty much every other manga shows.

(Except for Torako. Gone too soon, but not forgotten.)

last edited at Jul 10, 2022 11:15PM

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

You’d never know, he might end up being a chill guy

The longer this goes on the more stressed I am about when aya will find out, like just tell her-

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Maybe back in the day, I feel like in the Reiwa era almost all the gyaru are nice girls at heart.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

A wild Jerkface appears!
Jerkface uses Charm!
It's not very effective...

smellsliketeenspirit
Screen%20shot%202022-07-04%20at%206.37.52%20pm
joined May 29, 2022

Is this a school for delinquents? Nail polish, piercings, and makeup ok, the boy walks around with his shirt untucked and unbuttoned, they can play with their phones and listen to music in class... Pretty funny how different the depiction of school is here from what pretty much every other manga shows.

Mitsuki conceals her tattoo and removes her nail polish before school, but your comment made me laugh because there is some truth to the lax classroom environment. Like, where is the teacher, and why do the students appear like they have so much free time?

joined Mar 21, 2017

Mitsuki conceals her tattoo and removes her nail polish before school, but your comment made me laugh because there is some truth to the lax classroom environment. Like, where is the teacher, and why do the students appear like they have so much free time?

That might be more to do with her not wanting to draw attention to herself.

last edited at Jul 11, 2022 1:03AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Well my high school was kinda like that (many classmates had tattoos and piercings and some would colour their hair) so I can’t say it’s super unrealistic. Also during breaks we went wild and the teacher/inspector just started to give up on us lmao
so yeah, teenagers are gonna teenage

Also, we do have this image of the very strict japanese high school but we have to keep in mind that these strict high schools depicted in manga and anime are the private ones. This school setting of this specific manga is probably a co-ed public school — and not saying that’s always the case, but in many many places public schools are just lax with their rules. I doubt that Japan is any different. I have seen some manga depicting such thing (schools that seemed lawless).

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Also, we do have this image of the very strict japanese high school but we have to keep in mind that these strict high schools depicted in manga and anime are the private ones.

Most of the schools depicted in anime and manga are state schools.

This school setting of this specific manga is probably a co-ed public school — and not saying that’s always the case, but in many many places public schools are just lax with their rules. I doubt that Japan is any different. I have seen some manga depicting such thing (schools that seemed lawless).

Japan is different. School rules in the Japanese education system (especially in state schools, which is most of Japanese schools) are notoriously strict. Dress code, hair code, behaviour, loitering after school hours, sometimes even the type and colour of students' underwear is regulated. Japanese students can get in trouble with teachers if their hair gets a lighter shade over the summer due to sun exposure.

And students who stand out (dyed hair, piercings, tattoos, clothes that are against regulations, being openly gay and so on) are not only liable to get in trouble with the teachers, but are also in many schools practically guaranteed to be relentlessly bullied by other students. Bullying in the Japanese education system is widespread and specifically targets students who dare to stand out from the crowd.

Japan has high rates of depression and suicide amongst its students (high school, college and even primary schools). In fact, during the last half a decade suicide rates amongst Japanese students have continuously gone up. This is partly because students are routinely expected to have high grades (by both their teachers and their families), partly because of bullying, and partly because of oppressively strict school rules and regulations.

last edited at Jul 11, 2022 2:12AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.