Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I am somehow expecting the uncle to spill the beans somehow. I know it wouldnt happen but...

It can happen. All it takes is mentioning Mitsuki in a conversation and he’ll use “her”, which will startle Aya.
“Her? Who?”
“…my niece, duh” [points at store clerk]

Idk how japanese can do it without using the equivalent of “she”.

In Japanese it is very easy and natural to not use pronouns in conversations, so it is not hard of uncle to just never use "she". However, the most likely alternatives would be her first name (as he is a family member) or "niece", both of which are gendered (at least I think 'Mitsuku" is female only, but not too sure). So the end result would be the same.

Afaik Mitsuki is a unisex name, though more commonly used for women.

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

I can just imagine a scenario where the uncle and aya get some one on one time and uncle goes on and on about how happy he is that his niece met someone and how she’s been in such high spirits (without using female pronouns of coarse) and aya is listening with stars in her eyes until the uncle drops the word “niece” and she has to do a double take and panic Bc “wait he’s a girl?!” And THEN “omg and she’s the girl that sits next to me in class!!” But the niece doesn’t know that aya knows now and shenanigans continue to ensue

Also important side note: The uncle is HOT do I want him or do I want to be him? The world may never know

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I’m barely in my 30s and I’m into all of that music lol

joined Mar 21, 2017

Music is like fashion, it's pretty circular.

joined Jan 6, 2017

I am somehow expecting the uncle to spill the beans somehow. I know it wouldnt happen but...

It can happen. All it takes is mentioning Mitsuki in a conversation and he’ll use “her”, which will startle Aya.
“Her? Who?”
“…my niece, duh” [points at store clerk]

Idk how japanese can do it without using the equivalent of “she”.

In Japanese it is very easy and natural to not use pronouns in conversations, so it is not hard of uncle to just never use "she". However, the most likely alternatives would be her first name (as he is a family member) or "niece", both of which are gendered (at least I think 'Mitsuku" is female only, but not too sure). So the end result would be the same.

Afaik Mitsuki is a unisex name, though more commonly used for women.

I mean, it could still go the direction of "Who's Mitsuki?" "My niece" points at Mitsuki

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Not a bad lookin playlist. I'd like to see the whole thing.

Also damn the Uncle is just great.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Welp, getting the uncle's approval is already out of the way. It's nice to take care of these things early ^_^

He's already booking catering for the reception.

last edited at Jul 3, 2022 7:09PM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Aya at the top of page 3 looks really good. The art here is such a treat.

joined Apr 6, 2013

This is the playlist of a 40 year old man in denial of his age

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

NOW THATS SO CUTE

ClockworkRaven
Ana_wolf
joined Jan 4, 2022

Best. Uncle. EVER! I love the Uncle so much, but I have a feeling that he's gonna be the one to bring the ruse to an end before Mitsuki is ready.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

I can just imagine a scenario where the uncle and aya get some one on one time and uncle goes on and on about how happy he is that his niece met someone and how she’s been in such high spirits (without using female pronouns of coarse) and aya is listening with stars in her eyes until the uncle drops the word “niece” and she has to do a double take and panic Bc “wait he’s a girl?!” And THEN “omg and she’s the girl that sits next to me in class!!” But the niece doesn’t know that aya knows now and shenanigans continue to ensue

Also important side note: The uncle is HOT do I want him or do I want to be him? The world may never know

OK NOW I REALLY WANT THIS TO HAPPEN
I like your way of thinking (including the hot uncle comment)

Best. Uncle. EVER! I love the Uncle so much, but I have a feeling that he's gonna be the one to bring the ruse to an end before Mitsuki is ready.

Well, SOMEBODY has to move on with the plot, and Mitsuki is a wuss. I think Uncle is going to be important in that aspect, either revealing by accident and causing drama or finding out Aya thinks his niece is a boy and having a real talk with Mitsuki to convince her to end the lie.

Would be cool if Uncle-san helped Mitsuki set up this scene in the concept art right here, this being the reveal.

last edited at Jul 3, 2022 8:07PM

joined May 9, 2021

Cool uncle.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

Lol. Uncle is already thinking about the wedding for them

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

To say nothing of his looks.
Btw I hadn't noticed before how Mitsuki got her whole fashion sense from her uncle, down to the nails painted black.

avelasquez97
joined Jul 23, 2014

Royal Blood

Yeah, I bless that wedding too

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

That was really cute

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

I'm trying to get all songs they listen into a playlist
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5nlVbEInMmvjjXg2O24Tnu?si=-rqAT12sTzqvO7txmr1A7g&utm_source=copy-link
Its good af

joined Feb 16, 2020

damn i liked this art, concept, and story so much i didnt realize that every ch was just 3-4 pages short am fuckin crying T-T i hope the author gets serialized AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

I'd listen to that playlist (except for Bon Jovi) and, while I won't give my age, I remember when Bon Scott died and even was old enough to know who he was.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

I'm kinda late since we're playing a guessing game of what bands are going to show up, so here's mine.

REM
Sleater-Kinney (underground act before being well known in later years, so less likely)
The Flys (obscure late 90's band)
Local H (obscure and underrated)
Helmet (less likely)
Bad Religion
The Offspring
Rancid
Motorhead
Fugazi (underground punk band so less likely)
Black Flag
Mudhoney (less likely)
Silverchair
The Toadies (not sure if someone pointed them out already)
Beastie Boys
Dinosaur Jr.
White Zombie/Rob Zombie (not sure but less likely)
Meatloaf (classic rock band but possible)
Stone Temple Pilots
Jane's Addiction
Filter (underrated but less likely)

last edited at Jul 4, 2022 1:39PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh OH OOH!!! I now that you said Zombie, I just remembered The Cranberries - Zombie https://youtu.be/6Ejga4kJUts

THAT'S 100% SURE TO APPEAR! or well, I will be happy if any from Cranberries shows up

last edited at Jul 4, 2022 2:17PM

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Oh OH OOH!!! I now that you said Zombie, I just remembered The Cranberries - Zombie https://youtu.be/6Ejga4kJUts

THAT'S 100% SURE TO APPEAR! or well, I will be happy if any from Cranberries shows up

gah! forgot about the Cranberries! I hope they show up too.

joined Mar 21, 2017

I'm kinda late since we're playing a guessing game of what bands are going to show up, so here's mine.

REM
Sleater-Kinney (underground act before being well known in later years, so less likely)
The Flys (obscure late 90's band)
Local H (obscure and underrated)
Helmet (less likely)
Bad Religion
The Offspring
Rancid
Motorhead
Fugazi (underground punk band so less likely)
Black Flag
Mudhoney (less likely)
Silverchair
The Toadies (not sure if someone pointed them out already)
Beastie Boys
Dinosaur Jr.
White Zombie/Rob Zombie (not sure but less likely)
Meatloaf (classic rock band but possible)
Stone Temple Pilots
Jane's Addiction
Filter (underrated but less likely)

That' a good list.

joined Dec 18, 2016

Indeed. is it weird that I'm more interested with the uncle than the yuri?

To reply you must either login or sign up.