Forum › Stella Record discussion

Melty-blood-type-lumina-7
joined Apr 12, 2021

This could go many ways for better or worse

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Heey thanks for the new series Daphie~ looks like it can go to hell in many ways so hype to see where it’s going.

Also can’t help but to feel like you got mildly peer pressured into doing yuri since you’ve become the regular het poster in dynasty lmao, hopefully that’s not the case though and that is just a bad joke. In any case thanks again as always!

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

...I'm so confused.

joined Aug 15, 2015

It's a little confusing since it just skips over the MC confessing and somehow assuming she got rejected, plus it ends with a new character being introduced in the last page with no prior context. I'm still liking what I see so far, but this feels more like a chapter 2 or 3 rather than a chapter 1.

AngelsDoNotCry
Goat-removebg-preview%20(1)%20(2)
joined May 30, 2022

Whew, that was a rollercoaster of a first chapter.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Daphie without age-gap….what a world we are living in!

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

"Hey, a new series! I like the art! Let me check this artist page to see if they have any other wor--OH NO!!!!"

To be fair, this series at least starts with IMMEDIATE yuri. Hopefully I won't be pulling my hair out as the story progresses, but I'm gonna continue reading with a cautious mind.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I dig iiiiit! Always a sucker for a series that starts with the couple getting together and we get to see their journey with each other, love that shit

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

It's a little confusing since it just skips over the MC confessing and somehow assuming she got rejected, plus it ends with a new character being introduced in the last page with no prior context. I'm still liking what I see so far, but this feels more like a chapter 2 or 3 rather than a chapter 1.

Oh, I kind of didn't know how to mention it, but, there actually was a one-shot released before with the same characters before, so maybe that explains the quick introduction into action?! I don't think it's been translated though.

Heey thanks for the new series Daphie~ looks like it can go to hell in many ways so hype to see where it’s going.

Also can’t help but to feel like you got mildly peer pressured into doing yuri since you’ve become the regular het poster in dynasty lmao, hopefully that’s not the case though and that is just a bad joke. In any case thanks again as always!

YW! And yeah, it's kind of like... half a joke... and half serious because I was charmed by the art when I was looking through the magazine!

Daphie without age-gap….what a world we are living in!

Yeah, it feels weird, haha, but it reminds me of how I picked up "I Kissed a Succubus", same thing, yuri, no age-gap!!!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

LET'S BANG!
LOOOL that blew my head hahahaha oh wow, yeah I'm super curious like we get such a hurricane of development but not enough answers and then a rival, I'm with everyone else on this, cautious but very curious !

I'm also curious about Kyouko past sexual experiences, because she doesn't have any insecurity and knows how to go around it, it was a really fast development but she was also very concerned and careful to make it right... so of course I have to wonder, did she had a girlfriend before while living together with Ritsu or a boyfriend?? or she's just that enthusiastic?

Because the manga implies that yes Kyouko is a virgin 0 experience but no mention about Ritsu, in fact Ritsu says "oh right she's a virgin for sure" like she has confidence about these things already.

Not a big deal if she's a virgin or not but thinking about living together with someone you love and seeing that person have a partner must HURT! and if her (theoretically) previous partner was a girl, I doubt Kyouko would've waited so long to confess.

Pros: Looks fun! I love both main characters and even the friend and the art
Cons: the third girl in the mix... The dreadful possibility of NTR, it's too soon for aaangst!!

Anyway thank you for finding these works and sharing them!

last edited at Jun 24, 2022 11:48PM

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

oh woaw, its the Lemonade author. What a blast from the past lol. Luckily no guys introduced so this one looks like it'll pass the bechdel test.

No idea who Akane is but I'm thinking the girl at the end probably mistook Ritsu for some other short-haired girl. So a love triangle I guess. Author likes that dynamic anyway.

The art got a lot better too, I'm looking forward to coming chapters!

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Stella Record

Who is Stella? ^^;;

It's you, Akane!

Who is Akane? ^^;;;

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

I'm hook up after reading this first chapter. But after the comment of Kyouko about Ritsu's virginity, I'm waiting for the bisexual tag and all the drama that will come with.

The author could have add the confession of Ritsu at least. For me, I'm pretty sure her confession has gone like this, Kyouko coming back from a drinking party, obviously she was drunk, Ritsu take care of her and while doing that Kyouko mentioned about a ex/boyfriend or someone she's interested in or fool around with her while joking but Ritsu take the initiative and confess to her, hearing that Kyouko was in shock and couldn't find any word. After that the both of them go to bed, and Ritsu assume that she get rejected and we have the beginning of the first chapter with her cutting her hair first hour in the morning.

Oh and I'm hoping the new character at the end isn't just there for the aaangst and she will be a real challenger for Kyouko.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Oh, I kind of didn't know how to mention it, but, there actually was a one-shot released before with the same characters before, so maybe that explains the quick introduction into action?! I don't think it's been translated though.

Ah I see... And here I was thinking that the author had made such a novel and exciting choice by skipping completely the "clumsy confession + botched reaction + misunderstanding + angst + depression" arc and jumping directly to the "clarifying their mutual feelings" part. Turns out that she had dealt with all that other stuff in a previous oneshot, lol.

Thanks as always, Daphie, for another cute series that looks full of promise!

joined Dec 13, 2020

Stella Record

Who is Stella? ^^;;

It's you, Akane!

Who is Akane? ^^;;;

The way you put your reaction makes it so funny and endearing. <3
But you do have a point, those names stay unexplained. I'll make an educated guess and say that Akane must be a girl who happens to look just like short-haired Ritsu (and is a former lover of that woman with the mole) and Stella is a wink to Kyouko's vow on "that super shiny star" in the sky (since stella is star in Latin).

Since we are at questions, I also have a question. Is the cover page really supposed to look like that? It seems to have 400% more gamma than necessary. I tried a gamma correction (to make it lower) and this is what I got:

It seems more satisfactory, or at least more pleasing to my eyes.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Woah this chapter was all over the place lol

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Woah this chapter was all over the place lol

joined Oct 12, 2017

Wtf?

Wait, this isn't a oneshot? Why do I feel like I got hit with a bus?

Pfaw, kudos to the translator here. This must have been extremely dense to work through.

last edited at Jun 25, 2022 1:48AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

I actually think that the introduction is pleasantly brisk and not too fast at all.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

The friend was so fun and cute! I hope she'll appear often

joined Jan 11, 2022

Thank you so much for translating this! I hope to see more.

Scanlators bring so much joy into the lives of strangers, it's really magnanimous.

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

feels a bit rushed but I'm interested

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Okay well that was confusing and a bit all over the place to start with but I guess that's by design because it came together in the end. Looks promising.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Stella Record

Who is Stella? ^^;;

It's you, Akane!

Who is Akane? ^^;;;

The way you put your reaction makes it so funny and endearing. <3
But you do have a point, those names stay unexplained. I'll make an educated guess and say that Akane must be a girl who happens to look just like short-haired Ritsu (and is a former lover of that woman with the mole) and Stella is a wink to Kyouko's vow on "that super shiny star" in the sky (since stella is star in Latin).

Since we are at questions, I also have a question. Is the cover page really supposed to look like that? It seems to have 400% more gamma than necessary. I tried a gamma correction (to make it lower) and this is what I got:

It seems more satisfactory, or at least more pleasing to my eyes.

I found a tweet announcing the series, just to confirm that my raws might not also have been wrong:
https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/1537369934862249984

Thank you everyone for your comments and YW! Hoping this continues being fun! And yeah @Mu, it was kinda dense, especially as far as typesetting goes, haha!!

last edited at Jun 25, 2022 12:58PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.