Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Hmmm, Pesca’s powers seem very similar to Alice’s. She can is able to “set a scene” and make people play to their roles.

joined May 1, 2015

Based Pantanopesca

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

Lmao that's a girl that's tired of slow progression in yuri manga. Taking things into her own hands, representing the people.

joined Dec 26, 2017

are you kidding me she calls "pantano pesca"? bruh that´s mean "swamp fishing"

The japanese word for "swamp" is "numa," which is also slang for... well, it's sort of equivalent to the "rabbit hole" slang in English; an interest that you can fall into and be unable to escape. This character is a down bad, obsessively yuri shipping fujoshi.

saltyslug5561
Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Poor Utena. What began as a fun hobby quickly became a grind. Well that is growing up for you. BTW did Utena come to Azul's temple? For what exactly. To confess some sin perhaps?

Also Sulfur is down bad, dropping hints left and right. Hopefully they dont get any outside help to force things along. I mean what is a smooch or two between comrades.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Magenta x sulfur is the ship i didnt know i need it but now i cant live without

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Poor Utena. What began as a fun hobby quickly became a grind. Well that is growing up for you. BTW did Utena come to Azul's temple? For what exactly. To confess some sin perhaps?

She just needs some peace and quiet to sort out her thoughts and feelings IMO. Losing control in a way that hurts her loved ones can be devastating to a domme's psyche, and she needs time to come to terms with what she's done. Which is why I am hoping that Azul is there, as well, to give her a pep talk.

joined Sep 11, 2019

Aw man. This just lifted my mood up to the heavens

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Koveras posted:

She just needs some peace and quiet to sort out her thoughts and feelings IMO. Losing control in a way that hurts her loved ones can be devastating to a domme's psyche, and she needs time to come to terms with what she's done. Which is why I am hoping that Azul is there, as well, to give her a pep talk.

I think Azul is perfect because she can for example, in case Utena loses control, take all the damage until she comes back to her senses and manages to control her full power.

But that's only when they're transformed, right now they'll be just girls so she's gonna have to come up with the mother of all Pep talks to help her.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I think Azul is perfect because she can for example, in case Utena loses control, take all the damage until she comes back to her senses and manages to control her full power.

Story structure-wise, I do not think Baiser will ever lose control like that ever again in this story. Chapter 35 was her personal nadir, and while she is still reeling from it, things should start getting better for her from here on out. At least if the author remains as consistently good at plotting as they've been so far.

But that's only when they're transformed, right now they'll be just girls so she's gonna have to come up with the mother of all Pep talks to help her.

They have pretty good chemistry already, so I am confident in those two. :-)

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Koveras posted:

I do wonder if them talking this out will be the chapter that the proverbial cat is out of the bag and both sides find out each other's true identities. Would love to see them all grow closer and bond in and out of transformations, especially Sayo and Utena (personal preference there, don't mind me).

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Sulfur is best girl

last edited at May 23, 2022 12:07PM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

^I'm always wondering what the hell is going on, too. I just can't keep up. Go to bed, old man!

joined Apr 28, 2022

I'm hoping next chapter (or at least soon) we either have Sayo or Utena learn of the other's identity, or hell even both of them learn. IMHO it would feel about right at this point of the story and personally I'm a sucker for when opposing characters know secret identities and don't know how to process or deal with it

Plus with those two are the perfect pair of the cast who could learn that info and not go full berserk on the other

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

LMFAO

whoops, surprise smex!

last edited at May 23, 2022 8:46PM

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I have a lot of feelings about this chapter that I'm not sure how to articulate. I'm even more concerned that these new salty bitches know EVERYONE'S civilian identities after this and the suspicious framing of Shio and her starry eye alongside Utena's walk into the background.

joined Jun 21, 2017

The first volume from J-Novel Club is now available for purchase:
https://www.fakku.net/hentai/gushing-over-magical-girls-vol-1-english

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^ Didn't expect it to actually show up on Fakku, but certainly nice to see it there, especially if it gets more people to read it. :D

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

^ Also available on Bookwalker as well

提督Artemis
Scool%20zone
joined Jul 5, 2020

Wonder if there's a chance for a physical release in the west.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Wonder if there's a chance for a physical release in the west.

There is a french one, up to Vol.4 as for now

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Sulfur turned into jimmy huh? Yep this all is falling into place, pretty soon magenta is gonna grow a sock from her head too

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was a interesting one.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

I wonder how people would react if this ever got an anime adaptation.

joined Sep 11, 2019

Oh hell yeah

To reply you must either login or sign up.