Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This series is pro-gyaru propaganda and I approve.

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Mikan texted Fuyu at exactly 1900 on July 7. That's 7/7/7 (pm). Especially in yuri, that's a tad heavier than just wanting to make peace with an estranged friend.

Looking back at chapter 13 sunk my theory Mikan never fell for Fuyu. I totally missed it.

I guess we'll see a love triangle.

last edited at Jun 10, 2022 3:05AM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Can we all agree Watanabe became a Yuri Otaku because she’s a raging lesbian and that’s the best “sapphic consuming media because it’s gay” representation? So relatable (despite the yuri fundamentalist part)

That fundamentalist label really made me chuckle. I suddenly imagined an Inquisition =I= casting light upon those who stray from "pure" yuri. Ha!

People on this thread started it and I haven't stopped calling Watanabe a fundamentalist ever since.
I was expecting homegirl to show up like this

(source: Asobi Asobase - Trial of Shame)

last edited at Jun 10, 2022 11:06AM

joined Dec 13, 2020

yoshiokagigachad

Chad Yoshioka made my day.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Extra chapters! Yay

Edit 1: "Yuri is namely a scenario for stories"?? Are you saying it isn't real? How dare you speak ill of my bible???

Edit 2: Fujiyama-san got 2 imoutos with Sana-chan always being around. Good for her.

last edited at Jun 10, 2022 7:31PM

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Seems like miss excrush over here rejects the idea of love between girls and only thinks it is fiction.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah I fucking knew it, can't believe the extra chapter confirms that Watanabe got shot down due to "lesbians aren't real"

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

thing is, she's not even technically wrong in saying "Yuri is namely a scenario for stories", bc it is. Yuri, as a genre, especially historically, is a stripped, abstracted form of lesbian love and specifically with all the Class S stuff has very little to do with real, queer relationships.
Of course going from that to "ergo, lesbians aren't real" is a completely nonsensical leap, but we all know that.

It'd be one heck of a curveball if that's actually where she was going with that though (if the series wants to go real deep in the commentary side of things)
and what she actually meant was smth like "The Yuri manga you have come to be enamored with, and the reason why you have confessed to me, is a fabrication for media and thus i cannot accept it (because I have actual real feelings for you, which you are oblivious to bc you're too blinded by "yuri")".

Unlikely but i'd kinda be hype if it actually turns out to be smth like that

last edited at Jun 10, 2022 7:48PM

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Omg this bitch didn't-

last edited at Jun 10, 2022 8:05PM

Ayuwaka
joined May 27, 2018

She is just fail to understand the meaning of yuri? No heart break, no triangle? Yay!

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Omg this bitch didn't-

My thoughts exactly. This girl better not cross me in the streets.

joined Sep 16, 2020

thing is, she's not even technically wrong in saying "Yuri is namely a scenario for stories", bc it is. Yuri, as a genre, especially historically, is a stripped, abstracted form of lesbian love and specifically with all the Class S stuff has very little to do with real, queer relationships.
Of course going from that to "ergo, lesbians aren't real" is a completely nonsensical leap, but we all know that.

It'd be one heck of a curveball if that's actually where she was going with that though (if the series wants to go real deep in the commentary side of things)
and what she actually meant was smth like "The Yuri manga you have come to be enamored with, and the reason why you have confessed to me, is a fabrication for media and thus i cannot accept it (because I have actual real feelings for you, which you are oblivious to bc you're too blinded by "yuri")".

Unlikely but i'd kinda be hype if it actually turns out to be smth like that

that would be very exciting... and very "yuri"...(www)

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

I assume Mikan in some way regrets how she grew distant from Fuyu, and any other debris of their parting. There's a lot of progress from buying into erasure (probably), misunderstanding or denying Fuyu's preexisting feelings for her, and then recently reconnecting with a 7/7 7pm text. Is this a redemption arc? Is Mikan a well-meaning antagonist? Hmm.

Thank you for your service Windyfall, good work, see you lot in another manga someday~
(But also please replace your Ch 14 Troll Version for future readers. It was a fair response to comments but you made your point by the time you swapped "I'm just befuddled" with "I just at sea". Befuddled is cute.)

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Ppl already hating mikan for a panel without full context? Speaking about prejudice

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Ppl already hating mikan for a panel without full context? Speaking about prejudice

Yes. I am prejudiced against Yuri deniers.

imma fist fight a 2d teenager if needed! Yuri is real, goddammit!!!

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Place your bets, people!

I think Mikan was gay AF herself, panicked, ran away (hurting Watanabe in the process) denying yuri was real to begin with and now she'll try to win her back because she regrets her past choices, getting into Ririka and Watanabe's relationship.

Of course, Sana-chan will just frustrate her attempts and the there will be some sexual tension between the two of them... however, Yuna-chan will reclaim back Sana and Mikan will have to step down then, single and unable to make any girl fall for her again...

Until she fatefully meets Nanako in the last pages of the manga! And then-

joined May 1, 2015

Fuyu knows what she wants.
Ojou sama Yoshikoka? No.
Gyaru Yoshioka? Yes please with cherry on top.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Fuyu knows what she wants.
Ojou sama Yoshikoka? No.
Gyaru Yoshioka? Yes please with cherry on top.

Picking the gyaru is always the right choice. Gyaru is love, Gyaru is life.

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Watanabe lookin awfully cute in the next volume preview.
I can already tell Mikan is gonna make me mad.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I hope that Mikan's "Yuri is namely a scenario for stories" was about the yuri genre, and not "GL/lesbians doesn't/shouldn't exist irl".

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Omg this bitch didn't-

"I've found the source of the twistedness in this world!"

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

oh no this suspense is taking years off of my life

Majyofin(1)
joined Feb 14, 2021

Watanabe lookin awfully cute in the next volume preview.
I can already tell Mikan is gonna make me mad.

I'm genuinely not looking forward to her inclusion lmao.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

I'm not going to remember anything in 2 months nooo.

joined May 29, 2021

yeah I fucking knew it, can't believe the extra chapter confirms that Watanabe got shot down due to "lesbians aren't real"

How can lesbians be real if our eyes aren't real?

To reply you must either login or sign up.