Forum › Yuri is Taboo to a Yuri Otaku discussion

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

why am i crying?

Blue_izumi_hair_glasses
joined Aug 1, 2020

You go Ririka, shine your way into her life, gyaru style ! If someone can heal Watanabe's broken self image , it's definitely you :O Also, I'm having major flashbacks to the mean sempai who broke Sayaka's heart in bloom into you with the girl from Watanabe's past.

Yuzuki-sempai can die in a goddamn fire

joined Aug 1, 2018

Wow, the quality of the translation took a serious nosedive for this chapter. This is basically incomprehensible.

Thumbnail_5a23d300cc738989a894c6273ef293a6
joined Jul 8, 2017

Wow, the quality of the translation took a serious nosedive for this chapter. This is basically incomprehensible.

It's been pretty bad for a while, but I agree, this chapter it was quite off putting and hard to follow.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

My English is not good enough for that last chapter, I missed too much to make sense of it. Does anyone know where I can find the raws so I can puzzle it together? Or give me a short summary, that would be amazing:)

You can get the vol at Bookwalker jp

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It's been pretty bad for a while, but I agree, this chapter it was quite off putting and hard to follow.

How so? I know Windyfall has occasionally had some pretty questionable releases, but I saw nothing wrong with this particular chapter where the quality of its English was concerned...

joined Jul 26, 2016

Yeah, I'm not seeing what the problem is supposed to be either.

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

The translation seems like they're trolling... if it isn't some serious ESL. I wish they had a native speaker doing the QC.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 4:52PM

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I don't think Watanabe's gArDeN oF yUrI is going to survive the concentration of firmly grounded common fucking sense Yoshioka and Sana have between them... :P

Aw it'll be fine. Lillian Girls' Academy saw much more extreme girls stroll through its beautiful gardens with a load of common fucking sense dynamite in their arms -- and survived just peachy.

Some of them were OGs, even.
(cough) Yoshino (cough)

2cf46f4b-7fe0-40b6-8205-d03934ba2a1f
joined Sep 21, 2020

Dang, I really love how optimistic and forward Yoshioka is being about this situation, normally there’d be like 10 extra chapters of the characters mulling over the confession phase but not her, she’s ready to nudge the progress into double time.

joined Jan 20, 2018

I see the translator got a new thesaurus.

cakeEnthusiast
Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

How so? I know Windyfall has occasionally had some pretty questionable releases, but I saw nothing wrong with this particular chapter where the quality of its English was concerned...

I think the vocabulary? I can see how someone with less exp in EN might be having trouble following this chapter.
For me it felt kind of awkward that they just started using that vocabulary all of a sudden.

last edited at Jun 5, 2022 7:52PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Dang, I really love how optimistic and forward Yoshioka is being about this situation, normally there’d be like 10 extra chapters of the characters mulling over the confession phase but not her, she’s ready to nudge the progress into double time.

Yoshioka is a functional sapphic and that's rare.

joined Nov 22, 2019

My English is not good enough for that last chapter, I missed too much to make sense of it. Does anyone know where I can find the raws so I can puzzle it together? Or give me a short summary, that would be amazing:)

Honestly I didn't fully get it either as a native English speaker, what with the twins and weird vocabulary that even I had to look up, I tend to kind of speed read through every relationship that isn't the two mc.

Anyway, the summary I got was that, after Watanabe found at Ririka (the gyaru) liked her, she avoids her at school all day. Then one of the twins pulls Watanbe aside to chat with her. While they're talking, the other twin comes along and says she couldn't have tea time with her onee-sama at the green house, because her onee-sama invited another upper class man along, and the twin felt that she wasn't cool enough to hang out with them. Her twin convinces her to go back, and also they said they loved eachother, honestly I don't really understand it either. Anyway, the twin that wanted to chat with Watanabe basically said that the drama between Watanabe and Ririka won't be fixed by Watanabe ignoring Ririka. So Watanabe goes back and convices herself that she should only look at gay girls, not be a gay girl. Then Ririka confronts her and says she'll convince Watanabe that she loves her.

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

They’ve definitely stepped up their vocabulary, but the quality of the translation hasn’t really improved. Didn’t seem that hard to read tho, though i guess maybe it would be if you’re ESL.

joined May 1, 2015

I get the feeling that the characters are using ojou sama talk and that is why the english that they are using sounds so pretentious.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

It's not hard to read, just extremely awkward. Someone going for a more formal register doesn't sound like a pretentious middle schooler who brags about reading the dictionary.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Most belated April fool's everyone. What kind of elucidation must I covet for this highfalutin construction?

Edit: honestly wondering why the sudden change in their speech? It would be understandable for the classy ojou-samas to talk that way and/or if their speech has always been like that to begin with, but it's honestly bothersome to connect them with the characters now. Sorry for the rant, this chapter made them all sound pretentious in my head.

^^^

Yeah, it would have made perfect sense if this was always how the souers and senpais talked, but starting it this far in and making even Watanabe, Yoshioka and Sana talk like tht as well just are needlessly confusing.

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

Now lets see how long the author will draw out this "one sided" love affair between fuyu and ririka...

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Now lets see how long the author will draw out this "one sided" love affair between fuyu and ririka...

I think it will be solved after Ririka liking Watanabe makes her reminisce about whatever trauma that Mika-chan girl made her go through. So… maybe 5 chapters or so? We need some flashbacks.

Hope that they start dating soon and then the story turns into Yuri Otaku Fuyu gay panicking trying to replicate tropes with her gyaru gf

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Ó//.//Ò Go Ririka, get ya girl

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Yoshioka is the best girl, she will not be denied.

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

yes and always will be

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Watanabe: Wait, so I was always meant to be best girl’s yuri love interest?
Us: Always has been

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

About as long as Mitsuki can maintain the pretense that she is two different people, I surmise.

(Love your profile pic btw.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.